Author Topic: Plum (NIZ) keyboards with waterproof capacitive switches  (Read 6135 times)

Offline dante

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Plum (NIZ) keyboards with waterproof capacitive switches
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 00:02:10 »
Even with free shipping, these seem quite expensive, considering they're direct from China. Only a couple of years ago, you'd see products like these for half as much. Now they've learned to price things just low enough to draw Western customers's interest.

It's thoughtful of you to post about this. Personally, though, I think I'd rather spend another $20 for a Type Heaven.

And is this the actual manufacturer advertising these? If so, they should hire a professional photographer rather than taking their own snapshots, wouldn't you say?

164497-0
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 00:07:18 »
And 30g? Wouldn't most people find that way too light? Cherry MX Reds, which most people consider a light switch, is 45g.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline cumwagondeluxe

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 02:04:08 »
Even with free shipping, these seem quite expensive, considering they're direct from China. Only a couple of years ago, you'd see products like these for half as much. Now they've learned to price things just low enough to draw Western customers's interest.

It's thoughtful of you to post about this. Personally, though, I think I'd rather spend another $20 for a Type Heaven.

And is this the actual manufacturer advertising these? If so, they should hire a professional photographer rather than taking their own snapshots, wouldn't you say?

(Attachment Link)

I can't speak for these but the 84 key is pretty attractive at $99 since you can mod the absolute tits out of it without feeling bad about it + it's the only 75% form factor Topre type board afaik. I'm probably going to buy one and toss some 55g domes in it + dental bands or something.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 03:26:17 »
I can't speak for these but the 84 key is pretty attractive at $99 since you can mod the absolute tits out of it without feeling bad about it + it's the only 75% form factor Topre type board afaik. I'm probably going to buy one and toss some 55g domes in it + dental bands or something.

Well, as my mom would've said, that's better than stealing hubcaps!

Offline dante

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 08:58:15 »
What's really enticing to me are the side printed POM caps.  Even if the board sucks you've got a rare set of caps :)

Offline Nizkeyboard

• nizkeyboard

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 08:18:57 »
As mentioning of the POM side keycap, here is another set from plum for 75 layout keyboard.
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR