Author Topic: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (LIVE)  (Read 263975 times)

Offline drawnwren

Re: [IC] Laser GMK - An 80's vs Cyberpunk Project
« Reply #800 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 00:13:52 »
Will the ergo pack cover the extra keys for an advantage? This seems like the perfect keyset for an advantage....

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #801 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 00:39:12 »

Offline fouras

« Reply #802 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 13:28:12 »
Could the ErgoPlanck 2u spacebar be changed to mod-colored? People seem to prefer that on ortho boards.

Also, the spacebars kit could use a 1.25u cap. It's needed for layouts like the Banana Split and DZ60.

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #803 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:07:47 »
Could the ErgoPlanck 2u spacebar be changed to mod-colored? People seem to prefer that on ortho boards.

Also, the spacebars kit could use a 1.25u cap. It's needed for layouts like the Banana Split and DZ60.

Yes! Finally someone else realizes this as well. It's amazing how no one seems to care about keyset support for the usual split spacebar configuration seeing how common it's starting to become.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:13:35 by pikku-allu »

Offline pikku-allu

« Reply #804 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:12:27 »
Quoting myself from a few pages back:

Splittable spacebars seem to be a common theme lately, and I for one really enjoy splitting anything I can. Now, I've said it before, but adding a blank 1.25u key to the spacebars kit would be a great addition.

At least all of the boards below incorporate a 1.25u blank in their split spacebar design. That would be full split spacebar support for all of these boards with the addition of only a single blank.

Also, I see that the kits are missing a R1 1u backspace. That would be pretty useful to have as well, as you can practically split the backspace on almost any board. The other split half options are already included.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:15:24 by pikku-allu »

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #805 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:51:19 »
I just ordered God Speed but I am ordering this also. I already got the build and keyboard planned out for this one to boot! Saber 68 with black Alum case... its going to look so sweet so retro!

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #806 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:39:45 »

Splittable spacebars seem to be a common theme lately, and I for one really enjoy splitting anything I can. Now, I've said it before, but adding a blank 1.25u key to the spacebars kit would be a great addition.

At least all of the boards below incorporate a 1.25u blank in their split spacebar design. That would be full split spacebar support for all of these boards with the addition of only a single blank.

Also, I see that the kits are missing a R1 1u backspace. That would be pretty useful to have as well, as you can practically split the backspace on almost any board. The other split half options are already included.

Adding a 1.25 blank for split space would be legendary. Mis-matched colors with splitspacebars don't look as clean. Maybe even a pink pack ;)

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #807 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:02:52 »

Adding a 1.25 blank for split space would be legendary. Mis-matched colors with splitspacebars don't look as clean. Maybe even a pink pack ;)

Just to play devils advocate for a moment; The novelties kit already has 4 1.25u keys that you could use in a split space layout like that.  So even if it's not added you won't be totally left out.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #808 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:07:00 »
does the project have a timeline yet?

the only question i need answered:   when?

Offline pikku-allu

« Reply #809 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:07:47 »
Just to play devils advocate for a moment; The novelties kit already has 4 1.25u keys that you could use in a split space layout like that.  So even if it's not added you won't be totally left out.

The novelty 1.25u keys are not the right color either.

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #810 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:16:14 »

The novelty 1.25u keys are not the right color either.

Welp, somehow missed that.  I understand what you mean now.

Offline avid

« Reply #811 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:19:58 »

SA oblivion is next up on massdrop. After that i hope its laser. Since soon has been answered for a long time i would guess thats the most likely scenario.

If its not laser, then it will take plenty of time to next MD GMK drop (q1 18?).

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #812 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:21:20 »

SA oblivion is next up on massdrop. After that i hope its laser. Since soon has been answered for a long time i would guess thats the most likely scenario.

If its not laser, then it will take plenty of time to next MD GMK drop (q1 18?).

yeah, where is mito to answer this? i'm getting tired of the speculation

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #813 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:23:09 »
Mito hasn't posted in this thread in over two months.

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #814 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:40:42 »
Mito hasn't posted in this thread in over two months.

He's somewhat active in the Massdrop discussion.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #815 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:58:03 »

Oh I completely understand and I am fine with that. That's what I've been doing for the rest of my Banana's. Just would be something cool to see with how large this gb will be.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #816 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:08:35 »
I have been heavily engaged on the development of the Laser project together with the manufacturer and several other parties in order to deliver the vision for the community in it's best possible form. I read the replies here everyday, all suggestions are considered and were either worked on or are being worked on. A lack of reply does not mean I didn't acknowledge what the community had said, as I carefully read the thread, e-mails and messages everyday so I can update my Evernote with tweaks. It's easier for me to take this route, because this way I can laser focus on getting actual work/progress done since I've been handling other intensive and super exciting mech projects as well. As a side note, thanks for all the support and enthusiasm I hope you enjoy what's coming next.

That said, the UPS parcel arrived yesterday with a batch of color samples straight from GMK. I was excited to share the pictures with everyone, however to my surprise the samples I received were from switchnollie's project. I already contacted GMK and they sorted it out, I'm gonna be receiving the actual real Laser samples soon.

I'm gonna keep working on the kits and the commissions we are preparing, meanwhile you can see this cool assembly with an imaginary M65-A.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #817 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:12:49 »
This set looks awesome, MiTo.

Any chance the Ergodox kit will get legends?

I have been heavily engaged on the development of the Laser project together with the manufacturer and several other parties in order to deliver the vision for the community in it's best possible form. I read the replies here everyday, all suggestions are considered and were either worked on or are being worked on. A lack of reply does not mean I didn't acknowledge what the community had said, as I carefully read the thread, e-mails and messages everyday so I can update my Evernote with tweaks. It's easier for me to take this route, because this way I can laser focus on getting actual work/progress done since I've been handling other intensive and super exciting mech projects as well. As a side note, thanks for all the support and enthusiasm I hope you enjoy what's coming next.

That said, the UPS parcel arrived yesterday with a batch of color samples straight from GMK. I was excited to share the pictures with everyone, however to my surprise the samples I received were from switchnollie's project. I already contacted GMK and they sorted it out, I'm gonna be receiving the actual real Laser samples soon.

I'm gonna keep working on the kits and the commissions we are preparing, meanwhile you can see this cool assembly with an imaginary M65-A.

Show Image

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #818 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:17:57 »

I am studying the possibility of offering ErgoBlanck and ErgoPlanck kits.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #819 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 12:15:16 »

Are you still planning to make their thumb keycaps convex?

Offline ctrl

« Reply #820 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 01:32:57 »

+1

I requested this with SA Oblivion and was really happy to see Oblotzky add it (in several colorways as well!). It would be great if this could catch on with more keysets. PCBs with split spacebar support are only increasing it seems.

Offline Data

« Reply #821 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 07:03:10 »

Show Image

OK, but when?  It's been a year since this was first pitched.  Should we expect a 2017 group buy?  Strike while the iron is hot, MiTo.  Hype doesn't last forever.

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #822 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 07:29:55 »
OK, but when?  It's been a year since this was first pitched.  Should we expect a 2017 group buy?  Strike while the iron is hot, MiTo.  Hype doesn't last forever.

Speak for yourself, I'll wait 4 more years for this bad boy. 

Not that I want to.

Offline Data

« Reply #823 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 09:39:23 »

Not that I want to.

One man doth not a hype make.

« Reply #824 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:01:24 »

Not that I want to.

I'd rather have him take his time and make a set with thoughtful novelties and a high degree of compatibility than have him rush and put out a mediocre base kit.  Things rarely live up to their max hype anyways so might as well take your time and make something of high quality.

Offline Ouhei

« Reply #825 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:11:51 »

Not that I want to.

I'd rather have him take his time and make a set with thoughtful novelties and a high degree of compatibility than have him rush and put out a mediocre base kit.  Things rarely live up to their max hype anyways so might as well take your time and make something of high quality.
Yeah, I have keys that will hold me over until this comes out, the is honestly the only set I've seen where I actually care about the novelties and extra kits so if it takes a month or two longer I'm good with it.

Offline Data

« Reply #826 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:26:07 »

Not that I want to.

I hear this all the time now and it's infuriating.  Don't be a fanboy.

Good things are worth waiting for, yes.  There's also such a thing as "window of opportunity".  Creating the perfect set means nothing if you can't meet MOQ because all your fans lost interest.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #827 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:54:46 »

Not that I want to.

Good things are worth waiting for, yes.  There's also such a thing as "window of opportunity".  Creating the perfect set means nothing if you can't meet MOQ because all your fans lost interest.

+1

Hype trains certainly don't last forever...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline avid

« Reply #828 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 11:01:28 »
Just any indication would be helpful. Q4? Q1?

Offline holtenc

« Reply #829 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 11:14:32 »
unintentional pun greatness.

.... It's easier for me to take this route, because this way I can laser focus on getting actual work/progress.....

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #830 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 11:15:56 »
What we are creating is something truly special, the interest check has been exciting but you ain't seen nothing. GMK and I are working together and trying some stuff that wasn't exactly attempted before. Not to mention that the project expanded to things that go beyond a keyset. Just a couple more weeks and you'll be introduced to the universe. It's coming this Q4, the schedule didn't change.

« Reply #831 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 11:27:20 »

Not that I want to.

Wanting a quality set hardly makes me a fanboy.  If this goes on MD like we all assume it is, the chances of it missing MOQ are slim to none.  Nautilus took it's time to launch and it absolutely crushed it's MOQ to the point where the base kit was $99.  Making a base kit that has great compatibility for a reasonable price will only make the sales for this set stronger.  Also I'm pretty sure that MiTo said the window for launch was between the end of Nautilus and November and my money is on October after SA Oblivion is over.

Edit: As I was typing this reply MiTo confirms Q4! My hype is renewed!

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #832 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 11:32:06 »
What we are creating is something truly special, the interest check has been exciting but you ain't seen nothing. GMK and I are working together and trying some stuff that wasn't exactly attempted before. Not to mention that the project expanded to things that go beyond a keyset. Just a couple more weeks and you'll be introduced to the universe. It's coming this Q4, the schedule didn't change.

We ain't seen nothing?!?! Now you've really got my attention  :eek:

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #833 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 12:30:51 »
GMK Laser isn't just a keyset, it's a lifestyle product!

Offline Data

« Reply #834 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 12:49:17 »

Yes... thank you.   :-*

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #835 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 13:19:41 »
Was just about to unwatch this thread and then Mito drops a bomb.  Nice one.  You had my curiosity, but now you have my undivided attention

Offline digisax

« Reply #836 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 13:21:50 »

Well this has truly got me hyped now :D
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline avid

« Reply #837 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 13:52:32 »
Two questions
-What keyboards do you plan to put this on?
-How many sets / what sets are you getting?

Myself, i hope i will find a purple case for this. Probably picking up x2 base kits + novelties.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:06:08 by avid »

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:46:22 »
Two questions

Myself, i hope i will find a purple case for this. Probably picking up x2 base kits + novelties.

Buying 1 base kit,1 novelties kit, and 1 Hirigana\Gaijan kit to go on a black ZZ96.

Offline ullr

« Reply #839 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:40:24 »
Two questions

1. White Campine Mk. III HHKB
2. Well it depends on what’s there. Base and novelties at least, and hopefully an icon mods kit if one appears.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #840 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 18:57:24 »
Two questions

Some future 96 or 1800, need to give those excellent arrow keys extra attention
base/novelties/spacebars/gaijin

Offline avid

« Reply #841 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:14:19 »
The best idea is to get the biggest keyboard available, so we get to use all the keys. 1800 would be optimal.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 04:45:16 by avid »

Offline Perfex

« Reply #842 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:23:25 »
I agree this keyset really needs the canvas of a larger board to fully appreciate.
Normally I use smaller boards but the Laser keyset cried out and earlier this May Lightsaver heard it's cry.

Thus my build will consist of a black Lightsaver, Tealios, with Laser & riddled with the novelties.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:32:48 by Perfex »

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #843 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:47:04 »

I, too, would be interested in a legended Ergodox set.  No-legend ergodox and I'd only be in for the Gaijin set.

Offline pvd

« Reply #844 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:31:17 »
Legended ergodox keys are lame. Who actually uses keybinds that correspond to the "standard" set of ergodox legends?

I'd be much more interested in SA oblivion if the ergodox set didn't have legends.

Offline Data

« Reply #845 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 13:15:08 »
Legended ergodox keys are lame. Who actually uses keybinds that correspond to the "standard" set of ergodox legends?

I'd be much more interested in SA oblivion if the ergodox set didn't have legends.

~ Trigger Warning ~

More

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #846 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 13:26:46 »

Aren't the SA Oblivion ergodox keys basically just gibberish/text novelties? Looks like assembly. I don't think it corresponds to any standard set lol.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #847 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 13:40:15 »
this is why i have mad respect for MiTo. He has a vision to do something that has never been done before, and he isn't afraid to pursue his vision over a safe payout. this is what separates the great artists from the ones we all eventually forget about. keep it up MiTo. you're a trailblazer who will be remembered in the mk community history, no matter how obscure that may be:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #848 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 14:10:06 »

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #849 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 14:19:12 »
Yeah I'm down for this for sure