Author Topic: Details about Input Club Infinity ErgoDox - NEW - Mechanical Keyboard Cherry M  (Read 2788 times)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Joined April 18th 2017, no feedback at all, willing to delivery by hand in London but he ships worldwide through China Post and selling greatly underpriced? Fishy.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ekeppel

Yeah, I've bid on items like this in the past, but they are almost always fraudulent.  Since it's eBay, you'll get your money back if you bid, but it will take a month or more before you do.  :))

EDIT:  Looks like the listing was ended already after two were sold.

Offline Targa-TV

Don't bid on scammers, they get funds for the fake shipment if you do. It's explained well here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/6426s8/new_seller_too_good_price_credit_card_hacker/

"They sell products that they don't have and provide a China Post tracking number to Paypal hoping to get the funds released."

"They don't get the funds immediately, they use the tracking number to get the funds released. Then the buyer has to wait for a refund because the item looks like it is in transit."

"The seller gets the money taken away eventually but it's gone by then. The buyer almost always gets their money back."
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline ekeppel

Thanks for that link and nice summary. :-)

I've always wondered how they actually get away with any money in the end.  If I were to try to do what these scammers do, PayPal would reach right into my linked bank account and take the money that was owed to a buyer!  Perhaps the banks over there and the Chinese arm of PayPal aren't so stringent with their proof-of-identity requirements as they are here in the USA.

As you mentioned, it's never a good idea to bid on these type of auctions, since it just helps perpetuate the problem.  I bid on one or two in the past not realizing that it was a scam.  Now that I know better, I do my best to steer clear of auctions with such red flags.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 May 2017, 05:45:58 by ekeppel »

Offline Targa-TV

Glad to inform. : ) When in doubt I ask for more pictures or post the link in a community for advise. We do get our money back but I also don't want scammers to get away with the money.
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline clickityClackity

Thanks for that link and nice summary. :-)

I've always wondered how they actually get away with any money in the end.  If I were to try to do what these scammers do, PayPal would reach right into my linked bank account and take the money that was owed to a buyer!  Perhaps the banks over there and the Chinese arm of PayPal aren't so stringent with their proof-of-identity requirements as they are here in the USA.

As you mentioned, it's never a good idea to bid on these type of auctions, since it just helps perpetuate the problem.  I bid on one or two in the past not realizing that it was a scam.  Now that I know better, I do my best to steer clear of auctions with such red flags.
There's also dummy accounts: they get Joe Shmo's information and open an account with it, or they have credentials to someone's account online and use it as a dummy account to funnel money to (eventually) a legit account, likely untraceable, account. Or they withdraw with another dummy account...

So I actually purchased it and immediately opened a claim stating item not received and asking for clarification on the product as well as shipping info. If the seller does not reply within 48 hours I can open a claim with PayPal and state the obvious  (the whole thing is fishy as hell). If on the off chance this is legit, score!

Any advice is welcome, & if y'all want screenshots of me wasting this potential *******s time I'm happy to share. **** scammers, wasting their time and hopefully preventing someone else from falling for it  is always worth it.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Quote from: eBay
This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item isn't available... Please check that you've entered the correct item number.

:rolleyes:
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg