Author Topic: [SOLD] IBM Industrial $54!  (Read 2804 times)

Offline JP

« Last Edit: Sat, 20 May 2017, 13:05:53 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: [SOLD] IBM Industrial $54!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 17:53:50 »
It was the ultra-rare green logo.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline JP

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 18:16:52 »
Would you call it high lighter green? After a little research this part number appears to be the most common of the industrial models.

Offline taylorswiftttttt

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 19:28:53 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2022, 16:17:52 by taylorswiftttttt »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 19:34:11 »
His name was Robert Paulson.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 01:41:56 »
Take heart, at least, that it's the most common Industrial variant.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:25:02 »
I'm the buyer on that one.  Unfortunately, right after I paid, they messaged me, and said that the keyboard doesn't work and that they were going to refund my money.

I wrote back and told them that it didn't really matter if it worked or not, and that I could swap out the broken parts if needed.  They came back saying something along the lines of "he thinks it might have been under water and doesn't want to sell it".  Now they are refusing to send it, have refunded my money, and cancelled the transaction.

I don't get it.  Why not take my money and just send me the broken keyboard?

Offline JP

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:28:31 »
I'm the buyer on that one.  Unfortunately, right after I paid, they messaged me, and said that the keyboard doesn't work and that they were going to refund my money.

I wrote back and told them that it didn't really matter if it worked or not, and that I could swap out the broken parts if needed.  They came back saying something along the lines of "he thinks it might have been under water and doesn't want to sell it".  Now they are refusing to send it, have refunded my money, and cancelled the transaction.

That is weird. They could of at least given you a discount and sent it to you.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:32:06 »

Maybe they think they can get more money for it and will list it again?

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:36:04 »
Maybe they think they can get more money for it and will list it again?

Maybe, but who knows.  Some folks are just odd about things.  If they re-list it, I'll report and neg them, but I doubt they are planning on that.  It's not like that model is really worth much in such beat up condition, especially since it appears that it will need repairs to get it working again.  'Green logo', ~lol~

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 21:56:22 »

They have listed a whole bunch of other Model M keyboards.  Probably found out that this one might be worth more, so wanted to relist it with a higher starting price.

Good luck!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:37:42 »
Definitely they think they can get more out of it.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 19:22:30 »
I'm the buyer on that one.  Unfortunately, right after I paid, they messaged me, and said that the keyboard doesn't work and that they were going to refund my money...

Too bad. Someone must've messaged them—probably just out of spite—and told them it was worth much more than they sold it for.

A completed eBay purchase is a legal contract; sellers shouldn't be able to squirm out of it that easily. But according to eBay's page about it, they can; all they have to do is decide to do it, and refund the buyer's money.

Interestingly, the page also says:

Quote from: eBay
If you cancel a transaction, the buyer can still leave you negative or neutral Feedback about the transaction.

I see this buyer has sold many items, but this is the first thing they've sold in more than a year. If you give them negative feedback now, they'll have a 100% negative rating! That's probably not something they want... Have you considered contacting them and pointing that out?

Otherwise, I'd take some screenshots of the listing where the label details are visible, then see if they relist the keyboard. If they do, it'll undoubtedly be for considerably more than you paid. At that point, I'd call eBay and complain that the seller is being unscrupulous. They'll have the whole thing on file and will be able to see what's going on. I don't know if it'll make any difference, but I wouldn't let it go so easily.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg