Author Topic: GH60 Issue  (Read 1868 times)

Offline jmadden91

GH60 Issue
« on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 06:25:14 »
Hi guys, first post on here, if this is in the wrong spot please let me know..

I'm having issues with a GH60 I finished assembling recently..
All keys tested fine before soldering (starting to doubt myself on this), and all keys work fine except ROW4 (shift, z, x, c, etc).

All keys on row 4 cause their whole column to register. Here is a screenshot of every second key being pressed to show you what I mean. http://i.imgur.com/7Kdy4FX.jpg

I have desoldered and resoldered each connection and reflashed the firmware using TMK and easy avr but the problem persists. I also tried reflowing the connections on the controller but no change.

Any idea's what would cause this? Or where I should start trying to fault find?
Here is a pick of the board: (the brown is just excess flux I havent cleaned off yet) http://i.imgur.com/HUTO1Fl.jpg

I have attached a pic of the PCB I bought.

Thanks

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: GH60 Issue
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 06:31:28 »
My initial guess is you are using the wrong firmware for whatever revision PCB that is, fairly certain this problem has been brought up before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 08:09:41 »
Is this a GH60 Rev A or B or C? Is this a Satan GH60?

SpAmRaY correctly brings up the next question - what firmware are you using? Are you building from source or using one of those GUI firmware building tools?

I can't think of anything you could have done by just soldering the switches which would result in this behavior. If you want to check for flaws, look at the diodes first. Ensure they are all properly soldered and polarized correctly.
REΛLFORCE

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:50:40 »
By the look of it, it's a rev. A since the MCU on rev. B and C are on the switches' side. That said the Satan GH60 is a based on the rev. A but, apparently, they don't share the same firmware.

Try your luck with the TMK keymap generator by choosing RevCHN (under Second Party).
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline jmadden91

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 16:00:57 »
I'm starting to wonder whether it is a GH60 at all.. I have used TMK and keyboard layout editor to make a hex file and I think I selected RevCHN for both? Ill try again tonight with all the different firmware revisions.

Here is the ebay link to the PCB I bought
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIY-White-Mechanical-Keyboard-Support-Breathing-Light-LED-for-Cherry-MX-GH60/142353031181?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks for the help, ill also check the polarity of the diodes.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 16:44:44 »
Being it shipped from Hong Kong, I would dare to suppose it's a Satan GH60. The RevCHN in the TKG should then work. I owned one of those and it worked out of the box, do check the diodes but I would be surprised if it was wrongly assembled.

Offline jmadden91

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 07:14:27 »
Thanks for all your help mate.. I desoldered and removed all switches and reflashed. Everything tested ok so I rebuilt and all is good.

Guessing it must have still been a soldering issue.

Thanks

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 07:33:10 »
Guessing it must have still been a soldering issue.
Odd but mistakes do happen.
Enjoy your keyboard.