Author Topic: [IC] GMK Pristine (BoW Black on White, L9 runs first, WS1 soon^tm)  (Read 54881 times)

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
Re: [IC] GMK BLACK on WHITE (Final Result, a draw LUL)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 02:24:36 »
Would really love those WS1 boys.

Same here bud  :D

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 07:11:02 »
I'm on the WS1 side this time. Do you plan on making the rest of the mod on icons? I mean the Granite way where the pg up pg down, insert home, scroll lock pause is in icon too.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 18:40:07 »
I think the thing that would make the most sense would to have this GB be the WS1 and your next one be the L9. Just because this one was called BoW the whole time and the L9 should be called something different.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2017, 18:41:48 by tunadesu »

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 19:04:17 »
Just for reference, what colour does GMK carbon use for their cream alphas? (Is it custom?) I'm am possibly leaning towards WS1 too if it means that we get a colour closer to that used in other GMK sets with cream alphas - thinking interchangeability would be good to have.
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 21:32:03 »
Just for reference, what colour does GMK carbon use for their cream alphas? (Is it custom?) I'm am possibly leaning towards WS1 too if it means that we get a colour closer to that used in other GMK sets with cream alphas - thinking interchangeability would be good to have.

I think L9 is much closer to cream than WS1. WS1 is almost as white as blank office paper (and WS2 is like a bleached version of WS1, which is bright white).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 21:40:13 »

I think L9 is much closer to cream than WS1. WS1 is almost as white as blank office paper (and WS2 is like a bleached version of WS1, which is bright white).

Interesting, bright white tends to look cheaper than light beige, just look at the European car makers portfolios and most of their "white" cars are actually very light shades of beige/cream.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 22:26:20 »

Interesting, bright white tends to look cheaper than light beige, just look at the European car makers portfolios and most of their "white" cars are actually very light shades of beige/cream.

In this case, definitely L9 then. just thinking of GMK carbon or coniferous or even hydro.. paper white with any of those would look cheap IMO (like hyper fuse redux )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 23:36:44 »

In this case, definitely L9 then. just thinking of GMK carbon or coniferous or even hydro.. paper white with any of those would look cheap IMO (like hyper fuse redux )

I agree bright white will make it look cheap, but WS1 isn't bright, it just white compared with CP which is a bit ivory and L9 which is tend to beige. Hydro is using GR1 which is a very light gray, thus it makes it closer to WS1/CP rather than to L9/Carbon.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 00:23:19 »

Hyperfuse Redux doesn't have paper white alphas. Unless I'm missing something they are basically the same color as hydros:

Offline crtexcnndrm99

[IC] GMK BLACK on WHITE (Final Result, a draw LUL)
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 00:37:55 »
Yeah all good. Redux just came to mind because I recalled seeing them recently and not liking the grey-ish tinge that I got from them. Thanks for sharing that though

Offline basically_i_suck

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 07:42:24 »
WHY the yuri icon mods? theyre not nice.

Use the 9009 Icon mods. (ctrl, alt as text). Its 100% the best look.

But id say L9 with icon mods (9009 version)-

I'd say WS1 with 9009 mods!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 07:47:03 »
L9 with 9009 mods for me

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:33:33 »
Any updates on this front? Super excited to hear what the GB will be!  :D

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 19:39:34 »
L9 with 9009 mods for me

Why not just buy 9009 from the upcoming drop? Or you talking about the icons?

Offline fishpod

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 10:19:40 »
almost there bois!

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 14:37:36 »
I'm in for WS1!

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 04:40:19 »
I'm so in

Offline giHefca

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 17:54:00 »
It's a black on white set, not black on almost white/light beige

WS1

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 19:26:35 »
WS1 and text mods please.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 19:32:55 »

WS1

This guy gets it.

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 19:57:16 »

WS1

This guy gets it.

:thumb:

Offline fishpod

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 22:13:31 »
178201-0
178203-1
178205-2

so close!

Offline lovetree

Re: [IC] GMK Pristine (BoW Black on White, L9 runs first, WS1 soon^tm)
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 23:31:22 »
L9 first?
The title should be change into Black on Ivory. lol
 :confused:
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 September 2017, 23:34:36 by lovetree »

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 18:28:04 »
Please please be L9. I wish you would include a stepped hhkb control, but I think you removed that key for some reason

Offline fishpod

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 21:41:11 »
178674-0

this will be the final layout.
Have to make these adjustments since the price from GMK was kinda out of control.

GB will be run by zFrontier,
PRICING: $147 shipping included. Ship with tray and by DHL.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 22:00:24 »
(Attachment Link)

this will be the final layout.
Have to make these adjustments since the price from GMK was kinda out of control.

GB will be run by zFrontier,
PRICING: $147 shipping included. Ship with tray and by DHL.

Nice price!

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:21:42 »
Here I am thinking finally I can buy a BoW set because this one has 1.5u Code...

Maybe another reason to save monise :p GLWGB!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:37:53 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:13:10 »
GB will be run by zFrontier

Show Image

Hmm... I'm actually a fan of zFrontier.  To each his own, I guess. 

Offline Muiju

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:15:57 »
I'm in
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 10:23:06 »

Show Image

With all due respect. You should familiarize yourself with IC-GB's rules. This paragraph is copied from them:

2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 11:14:28 »

Show Image

With all due respect. You should familiarize yourself with IC-GB's rules. This paragraph is copied from them:

2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.

i have been very interested in this group buy, so this decision to run through zfrontier affects me. i will not support a company that has verifiably lied to its customer base. they do not respond to customer inquiries, and do not give updates on their 'group buys'. you are basically on your own if you receive damaged product.
 personally, i think they produce low-quality sets that are not properly IC'd, which serves only to clog the GMK production pipeline.

i hope this group buy can go through without such issues, but i will not support zfrontier

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 11:23:37 »

Show Image

You act like it’s not fair to not wanna get stuck with 2 “5” keys. There are ACTUAL issues people have had with zFrontier and they ARE worth consideration.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 12:18:44 »

Show Image

You act like it’s not fair to not wanna get stuck with 2 “5” keys. There are ACTUAL issues people have had with zFrontier and they ARE worth consideration.

Explain the issues properly, then. But, posting a GIF just confuses things, in the lines of thread-crapping. What we need is to provide evidence on issues to get them, either, solved, or decisions taken.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 12:22:39 »

Show Image

i have been very interested in this group buy, so this decision to run through zfrontier affects me. i will not support a company that has verifiably lied to its customer base. they do not respond to customer inquiries, and do not give updates on their 'group buys'. you are basically on your own if you receive damaged product.
 personally, i think they produce low-quality sets that are not properly IC'd, which serves only to clog the GMK production pipeline.

i hope this group buy can go through without such issues, but i will not support zfrontier

Those are serious issues that deserve to be answered by the OP. Any evidence available? or we just have one person's experience?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 12:36:38 »

Show Image

Those are serious issues that deserve to be answered by the OP. Any evidence available? or we just have one person's experience?

just browse through this thread regarding the raindrop controversy
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89723.0

there are numerous posts on reddit regarding lack of communication. when zfrontier first kicked off earlier this year, i purchased griseann. my first and last mistake with zfrontier. i can attest that there is zero communication regarding the keys i was invested in, but i did get plenty of spam regarding all the other products available through their website.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 12:40:41 »

Show Image

there are numerous posts on reddit regarding lack of communication. when zfrontier first kicked off earlier this year, i purchased griseann. my first and last mistake with zfrontier. i can attest that there is zero communication regarding the keys i was invested in, but i did get plenty of spam regarding all the other products available through their website.

Let's see what the OP has to tell about this.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 13:20:33 »

Show Image

Maybe they are trying better now?  Just recently joined in a GB for the wood/resin wrist rests and I've received 2 email updates on the GB

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 23:42:08 »
I should also clarify I ordered Ocean Dolch with zFrontier without issue. But I ordered, heard nothing for 2 months, and then got a shipping notice and then my caps. Nothing in the middle. I think it was delayed, but I don't mind waiting so I didn't think much of it.

I personally have no real issues with zFrontier. There are other vendors I'd prefer, but they wouldn't stop me. I totally get why people would be hesitant though. They did not handle that switched key well, but that was also a GMK issue as much as a zFrontier one and I'm sure with enough effort the key could be replaced. I'm hoping they don't mix up keys often, don't hear about it often so I assume it's not common. I wouldn't have any worries about zFrontier failing to deliver the GB or anything like that though.

Offline fishpod

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 06:22:48 »
 ;)
I see lots of things going on in the comments, and I think I should say something.

Everyone has his/her preferred GB sites, and I choose zFrontier because
a) they are easy to reach since I live in mainland China and they are a company based in China;
b) they been very helpful with my projects;
c) they work closely with GMK and DHL.

And here are some responses regarding the issues mentioned in the recent comments from zFrontier.
>Ocean Dolch double keys.
- there were 6 buyers received an Ocean Dolch set with doubled keys. zFrontier expense their new in stock OD sets for replacement keys, and take care of all the shipping fee.

>lack of communication/updates
- They actually send email updates to buyers if the vendor/manufacturer has a specific update or estimation of delayed shipping. They will enhance communication on other channels too

>some status of their current GBs
- Maxkey Nuclear will start shipping in late September.
- JTK photostudio will start shipping in late September.
- JTK WoB and PoW will start shipping in mid October.

My opinions:
>the raindrop controversy
- First, I don't believe they would start the GB if they know that there were authorization problems. Second, they took the GB down immediately after they noticed the GB leader had an issue of authorization. And I don’t believe they would actually start the GB and get an actually pricing for the set without a confirmation by SP.

>low quality keysets.
- well, I believe there is no bad keyset aesthetically speaking. There are ones that are to your taste and there are ones that are not. I admit that Carbon is aesthetically and commercially successful and respect t0mb3ry himself, his work and his dedication. But Carbon is, unfortunately, not my cup of tea. If you are referring quality as to quality itself, I don’t believe any GMK product would actually be of bad quality.
- ICs. zFrontier has a rather big Chinese based community and they do their ICs in their QQ group and forum. And I would say that the habit, attitude, and even the preference of the Chinese buyers are quite different from users from GH, Reddit etc. zFrontier have realized that if they are to expand their business internationally, they will have to listen to users from GH, Reddit and more.

Offline fishpod

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 09:20:46 »
Mockup from GMK
179144-0

Pricing:

MOQ----Price
150-----$147 (Shipping included)
250-----$133 (Shipping included)

Offline robbles

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 13:12:11 »
Mockup from GMK
(Attachment Link)

Pricing:

MOQ----Price
150-----$147 (Shipping included)
250-----$133 (Shipping included)

Love the lack of Windon't keys  :thumb:
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 14:05:24 »
Dang, that's a pretty great prices seeing that shipping prices are included. I'll wait for the WS1 run though.

Anyone have experience with how zFrontier declares the keysets? Do they put full value on it or does it sneak though customs?

Offline fishpod

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 10:03:03 »
We are live ;)

I will close the IC thread once the GB post is approved,
will open this up again for a WS1 set (or start a new post), once all sets are shipped and all replacements are fulfilled (if there were to be some sorting problem)

thank you for all your support, its been amazing working with you guys! :thumb: :thumb:

GB post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91796.0

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 11:48:24 »
I'm not sure if this is a right timing to say this..........
But I was really wondering if LED lock keys could be included in the future WS1 set....
since I personally think LED keys will make this set look much more....hmm....attractive?

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 12:06:11 »
I'm not sure if this is a right timing to say this..........
But I was really wondering if LED lock keys could be included in the future WS1 set....
since I personally think LED keys will make this set look much more....hmm....attractive?

Forgot to mention that icon mods will look super clean (personally) :-)))
You can check a set close to what I'm mentioning by looking up pics provided from kbdlab/username:Saib
--> http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&page=2&document_srl=4697832

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 12:41:21 »

My opinions:
- First, I don't believe they would start the GB if they know that there were authorization problems. Second, they took the GB down immediately after they noticed the GB leader had an issue of authorization. And I don’t believe they would actually start the GB and get an actually pricing for the set without a confirmation by SP.

They told SP they got permission from RainDrop autor/designer which was not the case. They started the GB without the permission and took it first down as it was made public them running Raindrop without authorization. We got internal info on that.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 18:45:56 »

My opinions:

They told SP they got permission from RainDrop autor/designer which was not the case. They started the GB without the permission and took it first down as it was made public them running Raindrop without authorization. We got internal info on that.

That’s ****ty indeed.  But doesn’t it complicate things that there are multiple parties involved?  Zfrontier is the vendor and should be held accountable, sure, but how much experience did they have when the raindrop fiasco happened?  What if the set designer just lied to them?  Just playing devil’s advocate

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 18:54:19 »

My opinions:

That’s ****ty indeed.  But doesn’t it complicate things that there are multiple parties involved?  Zfrontier is the vendor and should be held accountable, sure, but how much experience did they have when the raindrop fiasco happened?  What if the set designer just lied to them?  Just playing devil’s advocate

The "designer" probably is pretty wrong word in this context. I would say rather plagiarist acted hidden. No interesst check was involved or what ever. Raindrop is pretty well known set and for a vendor its not an excuse to say he did not know or what ever. Since -again no interest check- everything was handled behind the scenes the seller was pretty aware about it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 18:57:07 »
People getting into this buy should decide if they give the benefit of the doubt to ZFrontier. Some other vendors have had second chances after some wrong doings. Just recalled the Sheraton's affair and he is doing well now.