Author Topic: Wooden Cases?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Wooden Cases?
« on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 12:29:31 »
After several months now, I've decided that my favorite 60% setup is SA on linears (pandas in this case), mounted in a wooden case.  I have a few of the wooden cases from Aliexpress (the zebra wood and pine) and a Royal Glam walnut (boo, hiss... This case is so not worth the price).

Is anyone out there aware of, or perhaps crafting, a high profile wooden 60% case?

When I say high profile, I'm referring to the PCB being recessed enough into the case so that the keycaps sit below or right at the same level as the case sides (hiding the switches).

Idears?

Offline HotRoderX

Re: Wooden Cases?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 13:25:22 »
I would check Reddit mech market maybe? I bet in this case your going to want something custom. I know I keep a eye on this creator

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6w213o/artisan_60_full_case_and_tada68_cases/

I meant to message him before I ran out of funds this month but got side tracked. I Know I read he does custom work based off of what people want. It might be worth contacting him and seeing what he could do for ya.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 14:02:46 »
Nice.  Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I’m looking for.  I’ll keep an eye on that thread for when he gets a new router  ^-^

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 14:42:28 »
Datamancer makes a case. I actually have one but haven't completed it. When I get home I'll see if I can throw a completed 60% on there to see how it looks.

Offline zslane

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 16:41:02 »
I have a Datamancer walnut case into which I put a Pok3r:

178924-0

I also lined the bottom with sorbothane acoustic dampening rubber because the sound of bottoming out would echo around inside and radiate out like a speaker cabinet, which I disliked. The sorbothane not only dampened the noise, it also added some really nice extra weight to the keyboard.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 17:52:12 »
I have a Datamancer walnut case into which I put a Pok3r:

(Attachment Link)

I also lined the bottom with sorbothane acoustic dampening rubber because the sound of bottoming out would echo around inside and radiate out like a speaker cabinet, which I disliked. The sorbothane not only dampened the noise, it also added some really nice extra weight to the keyboard.

I do like the datamancer cases, I just prefer the design of the cheaper Chinese ones better (small angle instead of flat). I have no need for a cover or straps