Author Topic: Corsair MM300 Extended Gaming Mat for $19.99  (Read 2363 times)

Offline ThirstyTurtle

Corsair MM300 Extended Gaming Mat for $19.99
« on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 15:59:39 »
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Glorious Extended Gaming mat when I decided to see if I could satisfy my impatience by picking up something locally at a brick and mortar. Came across the Corsair MM300 at Best Buy and it was on sale for $19.99 ($10 off). I've seen it in several photos on these forums and find the pattern attractive. It wasn't on sale in the store but they price matched it from the website. I love it! I don't know if it's the greatest tracking surface in the world or not but I don't care as I use a trackball - I just like to have a soft surface for my keyboard, mouse, phone, coffee mug, etc. at work. $20 seems like a fantastic price for this thing!

Link:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-mm300-antifray-cloth-gaming-mouse-mat-gray-black/4800702.p?skuId=4800702&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=378&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=d8936ef3-0ae4-4284-9c7b-c0a671badffd&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg218887&ksdevice=m&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwp_DPBRCZARIsAGOZYBRsPW47qb8BAJyArl2j_pBALbN_rWLK7C9WeS6dY4XOpkJ2yRfWim8aAu1OEALw_wcB

I love it so far and it's much better than the folded-up and stapled fleece blanket that I've LITERALLY been using for 5 years haha.

Offline ThirstyTurtle

Re: Corsair MM300 Extended Gaming Mat for $19.99
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 19:05:04 »
Here it is in action

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 09:24:02 »
Nice!  I think Best Buy still has these on sale.

Love the trackball btw!  How do you have a red ball though?  My wife's has the blueish ball and my vintage wired ones are the only ones I've seen with a red ball.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • fohat.digs isn't old or weird, but he's funny
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 01:45:30 »
We have an extended mat around our cat's box. I haven't seen him game on it, but you never know what they do at night.
Imagine that everything you are typing is being read by the person you are applying to for your first job. Imagine that it's all going to be seen by your parents and your grandparents and your grandchildren as well. – Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:43:46 »
YOU SHOULD SEE IF YOU CAN FIND A GAMING MAT FOR CHEAPER. $20 IS OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED SWITCHING TO WINDOWS 98?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Online JP

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 18:45:21 »
$20 is not outrageous for good quality mat. I don't care for the graphics on the Corsair though.

I picked up a large Reflex Labs mat from Amazon for $20.
183525-0

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WY1BDZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:45:02 »
We have an extended mat around our cat's box. I haven't seen him game on it, but you never know what they do at night.
Multi-purpose mat!  You can game!  You can...umm...

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:45:22 »
$20 is not outrageous for good quality mat. I don't care for the graphics on the Corsair though.

(Attachment Link)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WY1BDZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nice!  Love the keyboard too!  Is that a daily driver?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 02:42:59 »
You know, this actually seems like an awesome approach—classy look, no separate mouse pad to fuss with.

The only thing I wonder about: Does it affect typing at all? Does the keeb feel less solid?

(Keeb, BTW.)
Imagine that everything you are typing is being read by the person you are applying to for your first job. Imagine that it's all going to be seen by your parents and your grandparents and your grandchildren as well. – Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web

Online JP

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 16:17:41 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice!  Love the keyboard too!  Is that a daily driver?

I will alternate boards from time to time but for now I have been using my F107 as a daily driver at home.

You know, this actually seems like an awesome approach—classy look, no separate mouse pad to fuss with.

The only thing I wonder about: Does it affect typing at all? Does the keeb feel less solid?

(Keeb, BTW.)

I am not sure a desk mat could make a 12 lb keyboard with a metal case feel less solid  :)) I don't feel like it has any affect with typing, at least as far as I can tell. Also the nice thing about this mat is that it does not absorb moisture which is nice if you or someone else likes to spill stuff.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 05:40:30 »
...The only thing I wonder about: Does it affect typing at all? Does the keeb feel less solid?

I am not sure a desk mat could make a 12 lb keyboard with a metal case feel less solid  :)) I don't feel like it has any affect with typing, at least as far as I can tell.

12 pounds?? What are you typing on, a cinder block?

Online JP

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 11:52:34 »
Okay fine, maybe I am exaggerating but my IBM F107 must weight at least 9-10 pounds so it may as well be a cinder block. The 12 pounds was counting the box it shipped with when I got it. The case of this keyboard is metal unlike the majority of IBM's Model F keyboards which were plastic.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 00:52:59 »
Okay fine, maybe I am exaggerating but my IBM F107 must weight at least 9-10 pounds so it may as well be a cinder block. The 12 pounds was counting the box it shipped with when I got it. The case of this keyboard is metal unlike the majority of IBM's Model F keyboards which were plastic.

Yeah dude, I dig the battleships too.