Author Topic: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK  (Read 222809 times)

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK (Ends in 22 hours)
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 08:31:23 »
Please consider making 60% case as well in the future   :D

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline sethbc

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:14:19 »
Man, that unanodized sample looks fantastic.  I should have gone with titanium grey instead of boring old black.

Indeed. I think I would like to change my silver to Titanium Gray/Cyan to be honest  :p

Could we?  Is it too late?

I’d like to add genuine stabs to my order too if I could.

To add things like stabs you should be always in time, to totally change your order i don't know to be honest and you should ask directly to Vincent via mail.

I sent an email more than 10 days ago and still haven't heard back.  Clearly the email response time needs a little work.

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 23:27:32 »
Man, that unanodized sample looks fantastic.  I should have gone with titanium grey instead of boring old black.

Indeed. I think I would like to change my silver to Titanium Gray/Cyan to be honest  :p

To add things like stabs you should be always in time, to totally change your order i don't know to be honest and you should ask directly to Vincent via mail.

I sent an email more than 10 days ago and still haven't heard back.  Clearly the email response time needs a little work.

I sent and received a response within a day.

Stated too late for order changes at this point if anyone was curious.

Offline sethbc

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 01:57:18 »

That's a shame.  I'm still waiting to hear back after following up several times.  I'll be pretty annoyed if 11 days ago when i sent my first email there still would have been time to change.

Offline 0330ssh

Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:12:00 »
any updates?

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:35:46 »
any updates?

Seconding this. It's been a good week now, and I'm eager to see the finished anodized samples.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:54:13 »
Just reminded him to give updates on GH, its kinda late now in china, tomorrow he will come here and reply. 

Offline lac29

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 09:33:07 »
Do you plan on doing a round 2 some time in the future? I missed out on this.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 11:34:22 »

That's a shame.  I'm still waiting to hear back after following up several times.  I'll be pretty annoyed if 11 days ago when i sent my first email there still would have been time to change.

I have also been getting replies within 24 hours, it might be worth checking the e-mail address your sending stuff to.

Offline sethbc

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:27:30 »

I have also been getting replies within 24 hours, it might be worth checking the e-mail address your sending stuff to.

I double checked and confirmed that I sent them to the email addresses in the first post.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:33:19 »
I replied to that email about the rose gold, but never got a response back... guess I'm getting a rose gold one instead of the other color I tried to pick

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
Re: [GB] Melody96 from YMDK, alu/brass/acrylic 96-keyboard(Type-C + QMK)
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 06:35:48 »
Went ahead and joined the GB earlier from the site, are we supposed to receive any confirmation e-mail or invoice after filling out the form?

EDIT: Also do we know if the PCB will be compatible with any holtites?
You will get invoice with such as M001 M214 etc.The PCB switch hole is 1.5mm,so there should be some holtites ok for it in foreign country
Have Fun Everywhere

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 06:41:13 »

Hi Seth,which mail do you send to?I just read it with my enterprice mail...Has replied you already

Have Fun Everywhere

Offline ericzheng

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:19:04 »
Sorry, I want to ask if this keyboard can arrive Canada before May? This is important to me because I will leave Canada at May 1st.

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 12:06:20 »
Has the prototype been anodized? would love to see images of the anodization.

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 06:33:30 »
I went with titanium gray and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they come out. Very excited!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 06:42:03 »
Alright pals, got some photos from Vincent on Skype, note there is a new revisioned sample incoming. Also some info from Vincent:

>READ< 
  • The line that you see near the bevels is due a rushed anodization after cny, needs more brushing, will be fixed
  • The gap between keycaps and case is smaller in the new sample due the reduced curve in the internal angles

>ALBUMS< 
Anodized black old sample (read above) https://imgur.com/a/yfOCB     
PCB Color sample (Matte black vs shiny, MATTE was picked):  https://imgur.com/a/RZ74Y 

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 06:46:52 by KaosJ »

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:19:00 »
i wish the keys sat deeper in the case, i really hate seeing the bottom of the keycaps

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:32:10 »
i wish the keys sat deeper in the case, i really hate seeing the bottom of the keycaps

'The gap between keycaps and case is smaller in the new sample due the reduced curve in the internal angles'

I assume this means that the case will be slightly higher profile than the one just shown?

Either way, looks great so far

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:35:11 »

Me too but i'm pretty sure these caps can be pushed deeper (e.g. see the pic where you can see the 2u), the case wall is higher than the caps (of 0.5-1mm as far as i remember), so once you push the caps in harder, the wall will be higher than the cap, even tho you will stil see under it from the top, which is normal unless you do a case 2-3mm higher.

Also, what CallumMcG said will reduce that 
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:37:17 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:39:11 »

'The gap between keycaps and case is smaller in the new sample due the reduced curve in the internal angles'

I assume this means that the case will be slightly higher profile than the one just shown?

Either way, looks great so far

The distance between the edges of the case and the edges of the keycap will be smaller, so yes you will see less of the switch from the top and probably nothing when you watch it from the sides, but the wall height will be the same (which is still higher than caps once you push your caps).

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:30:31 »
Oh and forgot to say, my estimation for the weight on the kit 2 was correct, without brass WEIGHT and built is around 2.1kg, so once the brass is added should be 2.5-2.6kg built.

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:57:45 »
We still on track to ship this month?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:02:02 »

He said if everything is ok with the new sample (which is what he expect at this point) the cnc production should end about march 28 or so but later needs to be anodized, packed and shipped.  Not sure at this point, but consider a 1-2 week delay can happen due the amount of orders +cny things (my guess). 

Not sure if he does the cnc/ano/pack/ship in batches or all togheter, in the first case it's on track, in the second one no. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:03:56 by KaosJ »

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:12:09 »

He said if everything is ok with the new sample (which is what he expect at this point) the cnc production should end about march 28 or so but later needs to be anodized, packed and shipped.  Not sure at this point, but consider a 1-2 week delay can happen due the amount of orders +cny things (my guess). 

Not sure if he does the cnc/ano/pack/ship in batches or all togheter, in the first case it's on track, in the second one no. 

Sweet, shouldn't have to wait too long after my SA Carbon shows up to put it on this board then.   ;D  Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline arninja21

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:24:15 »
Can't wait for mine to arrive!!! This would be a gift for my girlfriend! She is excited!

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:38:33 »
Alright pals, got some photos from Vincent on Skype, note there is a new revisioned sample incoming. Also some info from Vincent:

>READ< 
  • The line that you see near the bevels is due a rushed anodization after cny, needs more brushing, will be fixed
  • The gap between keycaps and case is smaller in the new sample due the reduced curve in the internal angles

>ALBUMS< 
PCB Color sample (Matte black vs shiny, MATTE was picked):  https://imgur.com/a/RZ74Y 

Show Image

Exciting!! Looks phenomenal! Well done everyone involved.

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:11:06 »

>READ< 

>ALBUMS< 

Show Image

Hopefully this wont look like some floating keycaps. Thought it would be like be kbdfans cases that the caps inside the bezels. I hate floating design. Hope i didnt waste money on this one  :-[

Offline xantiema

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:23:18 »
Are there any confirmation regarding whether color changes are possible?  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:05:08 »

>READ< 

>ALBUMS< 

Show Image

Hopefully this wont look like some floating keycaps. Thought it would be like be kbdfans cases that the caps inside the bezels. I hate floating design. Hope i didnt waste money on this one  :-[

As you can see from the album, they are not floating (the walls should be 0.5-1mm higher than caps properly inserted)
From the top, of course you can see something, just like kbdfans. Also the distance between the edges and the keycaps will be smaller. 

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:07:33 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:06:19 »
Are there any confirmation regarding whether color changes are possible?  :thumb:

Man if you didn't decided yet, you should really contact him and wait no more, idk 

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 18:32:13 »
It's looking really good! I hope your right about the keycaps not being pushed all the way down so that less of the switches show.
Also happy matte was picked over shiny, I think it looks better overall (but maybe won't reflect the LEDs light as well).

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 16:13:56 »

>READ< 

>ALBUMS< 

Show Image

As you can see from the album, they are not floating (the walls should be 0.5-1mm higher than caps properly inserted)
From the top, of course you can see something, just like kbdfans. Also the distance between the edges and the keycaps will be smaller. 

Show Image

Show Image

Well, cant say im not excited because ive really wanted a 96key for the longest time. Hoping it wouldnt disappoint :)

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 04:29:14 »
What sort of time frame are we looking at for delivery? Really looking forward to the build :)

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 04:16:00 »

Contacted a week or two ago and it was too late.

Offline truong3016

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 04:16:46 »
been making a customs wooden hand rest for this board, what is the length of this  ;D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 18:11:06 »
been making a customs wooden hand rest for this board, what is the length of this  ;D

The initial one was around 38.2cm, not sure about the new one but might be the same

Offline MattSG

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 15:37:11 »
What sort of time frame are we looking at for delivery? Really looking forward to the build :)

Messaged Vincent through aliexpress, said 15th April:

Offline pootsounds

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:57:34 »
Hot Damn! That's awesome.

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 12:37:48 »
So damn hyped!

Offline sethbc

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 14:45:03 »
yup - really looking forward to this board! 

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 17:55:13 »
Any pictures of the new anodized samples? Eager to see how the other color options are shaping up :D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 06:26:27 »
Here are the picked colors from Vincent!

Rose gold/Pink:

Blue (the darker one on the right):

Cyan (the lighter one on the left):

Orange:

Black: 

Titanium (should be darker in person, due the light might seems like it's a silver):

Red:

Purple:
TBD
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 07:31:44 by KaosJ »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 07:05:13 »

Rose gold/Pink:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Orange:
Show Image

Black: 
Show Image

Titanium:
Show Image

Red:
Show Image

Purple:
TBD

Is that the gold ano color, next to the orange one?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 07:29:54 »

Rose gold/Pink:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Orange:
Show Image

Black: 
Show Image

Titanium:
Show Image

Red:
Show Image

Purple:
TBD

Is that the gold ano color, next to the orange one?

Not sure but i guess yes, the one on the right of the 2 golds probably
EDIT: Yes that's the gold he will use, the lighter one.   
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 07:37:18 by KaosJ »

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 11:41:23 »

Rose gold/Pink:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Orange:
Show Image

Black: 
Show Image

Titanium (should be darker in person, due the light might seems like it's a silver):
Show Image

Red:
Show Image

Purple:
TBD

The titanium seems very light (even accounting for light), but still excited.
Thanks for being a "bridge" between Vincent and us with updates :)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:10:04 »

Rose gold/Pink:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Orange:
Show Image

Black: 
Show Image

Show Image

Red:
Show Image

Purple:
TBD

The titanium seems very light (even accounting for light), but still excited.
Thanks for being a "bridge" between Vincent and us with updates :)

I believe it will be dark just like his other gray anode he did in the past since this shouldn't have changed, so just too strong lights in that pic. 

Aka, i think it will be more like this:

Offline jihadu

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:21:02 »
Is the 6U spacebar support for centered or off-center stem?
Also great anod shots

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:40:35 »
Also great anod shots

As far as i remember plate supported both, but for the PCB i have no idea. I will ask him to check the pcb

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:46:33 »
Also great anod shots

Got the answer: Only Off-centered