Author Topic: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK  (Read 223212 times)

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:29:11 »
When are they looking to have all orders shipped out by? I understand if this is an unrealistic question lol

No idea.  The Vincent's intent is to have a continuous flow as I said before, so if everything goes smoothly, these should be 0/7 days between the shipping of one batch and the next one. 

Mainly because the first batch was a problem because he had to fix a ton of things, so batch 2/3 SHOULD be easy easy (also batch 3 should be some extras too so most of the people are in the first 2 batches).   

For example during the first batch there was a lot of QC: e.g. the acrylic part turned out to be much more expensive than expected (actually more expensive than the alu at the end) because there was a lot of waste and errors on acrylic and it wasn't acceptable. Same for the engrave which was in fact changed. These are examples on why the first batch was soo slow, but the next batch will not have that long troubleshooting stage. 

Offline Electrum

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:34:55 »
When are they looking to have all orders shipped out by? I understand if this is an unrealistic question lol

No idea.  The Vincent's intent is to have a continuous flow as I said before, so if everything goes smoothly, these should be 0/7 days between the shipping of one batch and the next one. 

Mainly because the first batch was a problem because he had to fix a ton of things, so batch 2/3 SHOULD be easy easy (also batch 3 should be some extras too so most of the people are in the first 2 batches).   

For example during the first batch there was a lot of QC: e.g. the acrylic part turned out to be much more expensive than expected (actually more expensive than the alu at the end) because there was a lot of waste and errors on acrylic and it wasn't acceptable. Same for the engrave which was in fact changed. These are examples on why the first batch was soo slow, but the next batch will not have that long troubleshooting stage.

Thanks for keeping us updated with this  :thumb: it's my first GB and your communication with Vincent has reassured me this won't be a horror story like other GBs.

Offline bball2

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 17:16:12 »

Thanks for keeping us updated! Can't wait to get mine  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 17:20:27 »

Thanks for keeping us updated with this  :thumb: it's my first GB and your communication with Vincent has reassured me this won't be a horror story like other GBs.

No problem, he just asked me to manage the communication especially here on GH because he is not familiar with GH formatting and other things. 
Also he is not replying fast these days since he is doing a lot of things, even to me, so don't get worried if you don't get a reply on the mail. Please just don't mass-write him asking "when the order will be shipped", because if you didn't got any mail notification, your order is not going to be shipped in that batch :D   

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 17:52:28 »
Really appreciate the updates and constant communication!  ;D
Absolutely cannot wait!

Offline rippor

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 00:08:51 »
My invoice is order M005, yall have any ideas when itll ship?

If the color/kit allowed, it should be this batch since you are #5 (so you should have got the mail with address confirmation). 
If you didn't got the mail, it will be probably the next batch

Well it was titanium grey and black plate so i cant imagine it would be that far down list... and i still dont have a shipping notification....

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 01:51:02 »
My invoice is order M005, yall have any ideas when itll ship?

If the color/kit allowed, it should be this batch since you are #5 (so you should have got the mail with address confirmation). 
If you didn't got the mail, it will be probably the next batch

Well it was titanium grey and black plate so i cant imagine it would be that far down list... and i still dont have a shipping notification....

I don't think anyone got a shipping notification yet, what you should be looking for is an address confirmation e-mail (and maybe phone number too because apparently that's needed for express shipping).

Offline Dumblescore

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 02:29:33 »
Sooo looking forward to getting one of these some day, aftermarket or R2 if there ever is one

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 02:31:11 »
Update coming today

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 02:31:20 »
Sooo looking forward to getting one of these some day, aftermarket or R2 if there ever is one
There won't be an R2.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 02:42:13 »
Update coming today

You got me all excited now lol

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 09:44:54 »
Update coming today

Too soon. Update tomorrow, Vincent needs some confirmations from some factories.   

For now, enjoy some pics: https://imgur.com/a/r33uY7n

Offline vicot

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 09:52:39 »
that purple 👌

Maybe I should've gotten 2

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 09:56:12 »
Still think gold top and bottom will look best.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:00:27 »
Fantastic fit & finish :thumb: I am sad I went with the dull silver finish, now that these colors look so great  :p

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:20:39 »
Oomph. Kinda wishing I had gone with the purple instead of cyan. Anyone wanna trade?  :D

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:24:09 »
Aw man I can't wait now lol. Really dig the Cyan but I'm content with my Titanium Gray  :thumb:

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:28:02 »
Update coming today

Too soon. Update tomorrow, Vincent needs some confirmations from some factories.   

These look great! I can't wait to see all of the colors. Do we have any insight on how many extras there will be?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 10:29:18 »
Update coming today

These look great! I can't wait to see all of the colors. Do we have any insight on how many extras there will be?

Nope!

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 11:12:43 »
Wow! It looks fantastic I am pleasantly surprised with how the brass engraving turned out.

Offline bball2

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 15:03:56 »
Glad I got the purple!

Offline jihadu

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 16:56:50 »
Kinda sad I went with an acrylic bottom. That brass weight tho :(

Offline PttrnRcgntn

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 17:42:48 »
Kinda sad I went with an acrylic bottom. That brass weight tho :(

Me too!  Maybe there will be some extra bottom plates... Fingers crossed.

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 04:17:03 »
Vincent posted this on Reddit:

Here is a update on the Melody96 GB. Sorry if we have been quiet recently with no updates but we are really busy in the production and problem solving, so we let other people trying to handle the communication (mainly jkaos).

Anyway! Here are some pics of the Alu kit of the keyboard:

ALBUM! (Alu kit) (Same pictures KaosJ posted yesterday)
The acrylic bottom is sandblasting now, we wanted to have everything ready before showing photos, but it is really the time for an update at this point. So we will show the acrylic when we have it sandblasted. Very soon.
Now, during the last weeks we had a lot of quality control and delays, some examples of problems we had to sort out:

Acrylic bottom was really problematic, with a lot of waste of material and many produced parts didn't pass our QC check.
In fact the acrylic bottom ended up to be even more expensive than the Alu bottom for us, making almost no profit on it (well the final price was too low probably), but still we went ahead and we sorted out all the issues and produced it.

We had to change the electroplating factory for brass weight and plate, the first factory had a really dark one, so we had to search and find a good factory for it.

The brass engrave was also redesigned, it was not looking that well on brass and was really problematic on the acrylic bottom, creating even more acrylic waste.

Deadlines not respected by some factories, the initial CNY and some other things ****ed up the whole production plan/ETA.

The environment department investigated anodizing and brushing factory very strictly this year. In fact the Anodizing factory was forced to close for some days and negociated with them and had to do many documents to re-open the factory.

When we had to get things shipped, our multiple refuses of the object due mistakes or things not meeting our standards, made the thing even slower.

As many of you know, we got many orders so the production was divided in 3 batches of 100. When possible, we ship in order of paid invoices.

What probably all of you want to hear now, WHEN MELODY IS SHIPPING?

2 May: keyboards with alu bottom with silver plate starts to ship (around 30 keyboards of batch 1)

5 May: Other keyboards with alu bottom of batch 1 with plates that are not silver (brass and all the other colors)

7 May: Acrylic bases all ready and checked

9-10 May: Batch 2 which contains alu of any color and acrylic starts to ship.

Batch 3: continuous flow after batch 2 ends.

EU proxy should be one of the last to ship, batch 3 (different orders)

Sorry for these delays but we did our best to assure that everything has the quality that users expect from us, often giving up part of the profit to do it.

I hope this clears things up. You will receive a mail with the address confirmation when your keyboard is about to ship.

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
[GB] Melody96 (SHIPPING & UPDATES)
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 05:54:44 »
Hello GH!

Here is an update on the Melody96 GB.
Sorry if we have been quiet recently with no updates but we are really busy in the production and problem solving, so we let other people trying to handle the communication (mainly jkaos). 

SHIPPING
As many of you know, we got many orders so the production was divided in 3 batches of 100. When possible, we ship in order of paid invoices.

• 2 May: keyboards with alu bottom with silver plate starts to ship (around 30 keyboards of batch 1)
  • 5 May: Other  keyboards with alu bottom of batch 1 with plates that are not silver (brass and all the other colors)
  • 7 May: Acrylic bases all ready and checked
  • 9-10 May: Batch 2 which contains alu of any color and acrylic starts to ship.
  • Batch 3: continuous flow after batch 2 ends.
  • EU proxy should be one of the last to ship, batch 3 (different orders)

PROBLEM SOLVING
Now, during the last weeks we had a lot of quality control and delays, some examples of problems we had to sort out: 
  • Acrylic bottom was really problematic, with a lot of waste of material and many produced parts didn't pass our QC check. 
    In fact the acrylic bottom ended up to be even more expensive than the Alu bottom for us, making almost no profit on it (well the final price was too low probably), but still we went ahead and we sorted out all the issues and produced it.
  • We had to change the electroplating factory for brass weight and plate, the first factory had a really dark one, so we had to search and find a good factory for it.
  • The brass engrave was also redesigned, it was not looking that well on brass and was really problematic on the acrylic bottom, creating even more acrylic waste.
  • Deadlines not respected by some factories, the initial CNY and some other things ****ed up the whole production plan/ETA.
  • The environment department investigated anodizing and brushing factory very strictly this year. In fact the Anodizing factory was forced to close for some days and negociated with them and had to do many documents to re-open the factory.
  • When we had to get things shipped, our multiple refuses of the object due mistakes or things not meeting our standards, made the thing even slower.

Sorry for these delays but we did our best to assure that everything has the quality that users expect from us, often giving up part of our profit to do it.
I hope this clears things up. You will receive a mail with the address confirmation when your keyboard is about to ship.

PHOTOS
Jkaos/KaosJ already showed the album, but here you go again:

Contacts
Vincent.zhao@ymdkey.com
Vincent.zhao.889@gmail.com

Greetings,
Vincent/YMDK
Have Fun Everywhere

Offline WHeisenberg

Re: [GB] Melody96 (SHIPPING & UPDATES)
« Reply #325 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 09:57:35 »
Hello GH!

Here is an update on the Melody96 GB.
Sorry if we have been quiet recently with no updates but we are really busy in the production and problem solving, so we let other people trying to handle the communication (mainly jkaos). 

SHIPPING

• 2 May: keyboards with alu bottom with silver plate starts to ship (around 30 keyboards of batch 1)
  • 5 May: Other  keyboards with alu bottom of batch 1 with plates that are not silver (brass and all the other colors)
  • 7 May: Acrylic bases all ready and checked
  • 9-10 May: Batch 2 which contains alu of any color and acrylic starts to ship.
  • Batch 3: continuous flow after batch 2 ends.
  • EU proxy should be one of the last to ship, batch 3 (different orders)

PROBLEM SOLVING
  • Acrylic bottom was really problematic, with a lot of waste of material and many produced parts didn't pass our QC check. 
  • We had to change the electroplating factory for brass weight and plate, the first factory had a really dark one, so we had to search and find a good factory for it.
  • The brass engrave was also redesigned, it was not looking that well on brass and was really problematic on the acrylic bottom, creating even more acrylic waste.
  • Deadlines not respected by some factories, the initial CNY and some other things ****ed up the whole production plan/ETA.
  • The environment department investigated anodizing and brushing factory very strictly this year. In fact the Anodizing factory was forced to close for some days and negociated with them and had to do many documents to re-open the factory.
  • When we had to get things shipped, our multiple refuses of the object due mistakes or things not meeting our standards, made the thing even slower.

Sorry for these delays but we did our best to assure that everything has the quality that users expect from us, often giving up part of our profit to do it.

PHOTOS
Jkaos/KaosJ already showed the album, but here you go again:
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Contacts
Vincent.zhao@ymdkey.com
Vincent.zhao.889@gmail.com

Greetings,
Vincent/YMDK

Thanks, Vincent! Really appreciate the update.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:58:09 »
Thanks for the update! It looks beautiful.

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 20:35:29 »
Order number is 40, but I have an acrylic base, so 9-10th at the earliest I assume.

Though I requested assembly so probably even later.

Looking forward to it!  I think I need a new spacebar though.

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 20:44:24 »
WHO ELSE IS SUPER MEGA HYPED TO GET THIS BOARD???? WOOOOOOOOOO

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:14:54 »
Straight hyped indeed. Now I just have to wait until November for Pulse to show up. :(

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #330 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:28:29 »
Order number is 40, but I have an acrylic base, so 9-10th at the earliest I assume.

Though I requested assembly so probably even later.

Looking forward to it!  I think I need a new spacebar though.

I also got the assembled service, and they couldn't find my layout last week. So I am assuming they are assembling now, and just waiting for the acrylic parts to come in

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 00:19:12 »
ne updates avail

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 06:57:07 »
Is that a question or a statement?

Offline arninja21

« Reply #333 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 07:06:03 »
I just got a reply from Vincent and he said my order will be shipping soon. And I'm still order 78 and fully assembled acrylic bottom with Cyan top.

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #334 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 12:10:23 »
I had a quite big order with alu bottom, two tops(purple and grey), two pcb's, Alu and bras plate and stabs leds etc. I was around order numb 60-70 or so. Will my order be shipped before or after 10th of may? Looking forward to getting my board  :)

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #335 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 08:23:46 »
I also got the assembled service, and they couldn't find my layout last week. So I am assuming they are assembling now, and just waiting for the acrylic parts to come in

Ahh good point.  I guess it makes a lot more sense to do that instead of waiting for everything to arrive.

I wonder where they are shipping from?  China I assume?  I am in Japan, so it will hopefully arrive pretty darn soon.

Offline rippor

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 18:54:33 »
Still nothing on my order....

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 02:23:26 »
Ahh good point.  I guess it makes a lot more sense to do that instead of waiting for everything to arrive.

I wonder where they are shipping from?  China I assume?  I am in Japan, so it will hopefully arrive pretty darn soon.
Yea shipping is from China.

I suppose they are later then expected once again, but I’m sure it will all be worth it to recieve a (hopefully) flawless board. Rather spend more time making sure all the boards pass the QC then shipping them with flaws.

Offline timzilla

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 16:04:48 »
I'm a bit confused by the batch system and timelines.  Not overly worried but like others starting to get excited.  I was order number 223, alu bottom and non-silver plate.  Does the type of order supersede the order number? or since i don't have acrylic base and not in europe put me in the earlier group?

I haven't received anything, just trying to get an idea as i'll be traveling the latter half of this month.

Offline Electrum

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 21:03:46 »
I'm a bit confused by the batch system and timelines.  Not overly worried but like others starting to get excited.  I was order number 223, alu bottom and non-silver plate.  Does the type of order supersede the order number? or since i don't have acrylic base and not in europe put me in the earlier group?

I haven't received anything, just trying to get an idea as i'll be traveling the latter half of this month.

It seems like if you don't get any confirmation by end of week/next week it will be in batch 3. But I could be completely wrong.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 23:34:50 »

Doesn't matter that much since it is dhl to most of the countries

It seems like if you don't get any confirmation by end of week/next week it will be in batch 3. But I could be completely wrong.
i guess that's the case, that 200+ should be batch 3

ne updates avail
ne updates avail

what yoy got? (i assume you saw the last Vincent update regarding shipping)
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 May 2018, 00:30:49 by KaosJ »

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 23:55:46 »
JKaos pls

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 07:27:14 »

I was order number 006...

And Vincent asked for my address and phone number on April 16th, but I've heard nothing after that...

Hm...

Offline 0330ssh

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 10:30:03 »
any updates after batch plan confirmed?
my number is under 100 but still got no emails yet....

Offline happycamper87

Re: [GB] Melody96 from YMDK, alu/brass/acrylic 96-keyboard(Type-C + QMK)
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 11:34:19 »
Is it possible to just engraved the brass plate with "Melody96" only? Leave out the "By YMDK"

For the no YMDK thing should be possible as well, lemme ask first.  On the side note it's surely possible have it non-engraved at all (few people asked for it)

From what I recall on the initial posts in this thread, we had to choose between engraving everything or nothing at all. Not including "by YMDK" wasnt possible.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:34:55 »

I was order number 006...

And Vincent asked for my address and phone number on April 16th, but I've heard nothing after that...

Hm...

Too many things to fix from that day.    At least your keyboard is shipping probably or is shipped already. 

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody96 from YMDK, alu/brass/acrylic 96-keyboard(Type-C + QMK)
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:35:55 »
Is it possible to just engraved the brass plate with "Melody96" only? Leave out the "By YMDK"

For the no YMDK thing should be possible as well, lemme ask first.  On the side note it's surely possible have it non-engraved at all (few people asked for it)

From what I recall on the initial posts in this thread, we had to choose between engraving everything or nothing at all. Not including "by YMDK" wasnt possible.

That was a old message i guess? Absolutely, not possible 

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:39:39 »
any updates after batch plan confirmed?
my number is under 100 but still got no emails yet....

It's not only based on numbers. Numbers are respected only when possible

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:40:36 »
I had a quite big order with alu bottom, two tops(purple and grey), two pcb's, Alu and bras plate and stabs leds etc. I was around order numb 60-70 or so. Will my order be shipped before or after 10th of may? Looking forward to getting my board  :) (just copy pasting what i said earlier but got ignored.)

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:58:57 »
I had a quite big order with alu bottom, two tops(purple and grey), two pcb's, Alu and bras plate and stabs leds etc. I was around order numb 60-70 or so. Will my order be shipped before or after 10th of may? Looking forward to getting my board  :) (just copy pasting what i said earlier but got ignored.)

Based on the update from Vincent, my best guess is your order should be shipping out anytime now (1st or 2nd batch) given that you're not ordering from the EU.

Based on my invoice number (150 something), my order should be shipping out anytime now (cyan top, acrylic bottom, no assembly, ordering from Asia). I haven't received any email yet but honestly at this point I just feel like its just a waiting game. :)