Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Kalmarauder

Hello
« on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 01:27:43 »
My name's Andrew. I joined the forum to see if anyone would sell me a specific set of keycaps. Then I read the rules and I need 60 posts to do that, so that's probably not going to happen for weeks.

I have a daskeyboard with blues that I used for about a year. I got a filco tenkeyless with reds and a tenkeypad (for left hand number entry) that I've been using for about a week now. I'm interested in customising the keycaps and I'd like to learn to desolder and replace keyswitches so I can give the tenkeypad red switches (it's only available with browns). I'd also like to build a custom keyboard from scratch in the future.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 01:31:14 »

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 12:07:17 »
Hey Andrew, welcome to Geekhack!  Just stay active, help welcoming other new members, etc.  I'm sure you'll get to 60 posts in no time.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 September 2012, 12:21:08 by REAPER »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 14:37:07 »
Show Image

Wait a second here... isn't that my JPG you're using?

Lol anyways, welcome to Geekhack!
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Kalmarauder

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 16:43:08 »
Hey Andrew, welcome to Geekhack!  Just stay active, help welcoming other new members, etc.  I'm sure you'll get to 60 posts in no time.  ;)

I think no time is a bit of an understatement. Doesn't matter though, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying all the keyboards and all the key caps for all the keyboards anyway. Must resist the spend-all-my-money.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 18:09:26 »

I think no time is a bit of an understatement. Doesn't matter though, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying all the keyboards and all the key caps for all the keyboards anyway. Must resist the spend-all-my-money.
I got to 60 pretty quick.  I'm actually debating putting a WTB thread up for a second keyboard even...

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 23:58:32 »
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to GeekHack. Just find some threads and add your opinion to them. 60 comes fast.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: Hello
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 05:45:07 »
Show Image

Wait a second here... isn't that my JPG you're using?

Lol anyways, welcome to Geekhack!

Haha yeah! Sorry I was feeling cheek!

Offline Kalmarauder

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 06:41:46 »
... whose cheek?

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 06:55:47 »
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 13:37:15 »
Lol! Bad typo.....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 17:16:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Note that you need 60 posts to start a new Classifieds thread, but that won't stop you from posting in an existing thread if you find something you would like to buy.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ