Author Topic: [GB] KAT Milkshake + M6-C Milkshake edition  (Read 155606 times)

Offline cspirou

Re: [GB] KAT Milkshake + M6-C Milkshake edition
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 09:20:19 »
Still no update for europe? I've order with Candykeys, and it is still not shipped, normal?

Thanks for info

Also EU and haven't received anything. However since there are QC issues I would rather wait longer than have to deal with returns.

Offline bliss

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 09:33:18 »
Still no update for europe? I've order with Candykeys, and it is still not shipped, normal?

Thanks for info

Thanks for info

Also EU and haven't received anything. However since there are QC issues I would rather wait longer than have to deal with returns.

^ You need to check their website. It's all there.

KAT MILKSHAKE should arrive in 25 days with big delay, sorry about that EU people <3
29. 5. 2020

Offline s-dog879

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 21:37:31 »
Just thought that I would add that enter and backspace keys both coloured and uncoloured are not sitting correctly and having some rubbing issues. I know that replacements are being looked into just thought that I would add that!

Offline FSund

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 01:27:01 »
Candykeys orders were shipped to them May 31. according to a status update I got from them a week ago. No shipping information yet.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline frewtkeek

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 03:17:56 »
David wrote a status update on Discord. No idea why he hasn't posted it here, so I'll quote it.

Hello ladies and gents/  @everyone - For CandyKeys orders, we are lucky that we have not gotten them yet. We will be going  through each delivered set one by one - we already have a extra short-term employee planned who will go through this key by key otherwise it is a big feat for us. Each key that is faulty will be taken out and we will mix and match keys so we can compile as many kits as possible and send them to customers asap. It is unfair that all customers would have to wait so long due to Keyreatives mistakes. We will be sending out to customers by A. Chronology and then B. If you are non EU based you will also be pushed back as COVID is STILL putting holds on exports. Thank you for the wait and apologies about the fact that this has happened. Sending out sets and letting the customers pick is simply not a OK option as due to taxes and shipping costs to EU countries we would end up not even breaking even on the GB. If you have any questions please @ me - Thanks and take care! - David

Offline bliss

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 08:16:20 »
@FSund, @frewtkeek, that's good news.

Thank you @biip and @David, much appreciated!

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 12:25:15 »
David wrote a status update on Discord.

Could you post an invite to the Candykeys Discord server? Thanks!

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 12:44:27 »
David wrote a status update on Discord.

Could you post an invite to the Candykeys Discord server? Thanks!

It's on biip's discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/nK6jKYt, there's a #kat-milkshake channel
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline aznnerd09

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 03:28:57 »
To throw my 2 cents in, I also have some issues with my stepped Capslock.
I’ve got those swirl marks and it seems it’s mis-aligned length wise?
PS: Ignore the left shift spacing. It's my switch.

Also a length issue with at least the yellow backspace.

Granted, maybe the length stuff is my keyboard? I’ll have to double check on my F key alignments.

Colorwise, it’s fantastic. A nice, matte white and vibrant colors.

Edit: Looking it over, I think it’s my slash key that’s a little too long rather than the yellow backspace.

I retract my statement about the length of the stepped capslock. It seems my board is not quite right (which RIP), and everything looks good on the right side. Still withholding judgement on the left side.

https://imgur.com/pzadJ8P
https://imgur.com/luwP106

Offline cspirou

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 07:55:50 »
Any updates from Candykeys?

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 09:56:41 »
Any updates from Candykeys?

From their website:

19. 6. 2020

KAT MILKSHAKE NEWS

Message on Quality issues - Misprinted and Misaligned legends: Delay by 1 month on extras now.: Hello ladies and gents/ @everyone - For CandyKeys orders, we are lucky that we have not gotten them yet. We will be going through each delivered set one by one - we already have a extra short-term employee planned who will go through this key by key otherwise it is a big feat for us. Each key that is faulty will be taken out and we will mix and match keys so we can compile as many kits as possible and send them to customers asap. It is unfair that all customers would have to wait so long due to Keyreatives mistakes. We will be sending out to customers by A. Chronology and then B. If you are non EU based you will also be pushed back as COVID is STILL putting holds on exports. Thank you for the wait and apologies about the fact that this has happened. Sending out sets and letting the customers pick is simply not a OK option as due to taxes and shipping costs to EU countries we would end up not even breaking even on the GB. If you have any questions please @ me - Thanks and take care! - David
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2020, 09:58:43 by dmatx1 »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 13:12:29 »
Thanks for update :D!

Offline nettik

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 18:57:02 »
Thank you so much for limiting everyone to only one of each kit. Going to need to set an alarm so I can get in on the extras.

Offline nettik

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 11:12:16 »
I got some extras!! But wow, when most of the extra kits sell out in 3-5 minutes...

Also, what happened to the imgur link?

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 15:49:55 »
I got some extras!! But wow, when most of the extra kits sell out in 3-5 minutes...

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 15:58:02 »

Show Image

Actually I got banned from imgur. Because I was using it as a host, like everyone...
I’m working on a viable solution.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 16:47:47 »
I have all the sets I want except for no alphas :/ I tried posting on mechmarket but no luck so far. Any ideas how I can get some alphas to go with my kits?

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 19:44:10 »

Show Image

Actually I got banned from imgur. Because I was using it as a host, like everyone...

I didn't even know IMGUR's restrictions.  After this happened to biip I did some digging and found their TOS:

Offline alanskiii

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 21:52:33 »
I have all the sets I want except for no alphas :/ I tried posting on mechmarket but no luck so far. Any ideas how I can get some alphas to go with my kits?

I'll trade alphas for specialties

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 01:01:43 »

I'll trade alphas for specialties

Unfortunately, I don't have Specialties, just Ortho. I would be interested in buying your alphas though if you have a kit to spare.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 01:59:59 »

I didn't even know IMGUR's restrictions.  After this happened to biip I did some digging and found their TOS:

Show Image

I wasn't aware of this either, thanks for sharing. This is quite concerning.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 15:07:59 »

Show Image

I wasn't aware of this either, thanks for sharing. This is quite concerning.

How is it concerning? Did you expect something else?
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 13:19:37 »
How is it concerning? Did you expect something else?

Yes.

Offline viroide

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 15:50:32 »
From candykeys web:
KAT Milkshake has arrived

KAT Milkshake is now in and we are going through QC. We expect the first news on shipping to customers this weekend.

Good news for Europeans!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 15:52:23 by viroide »

Offline Ares2105

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 14:07:54 »
Any Europeans got info about when to expect their caps? It's been two weeks since the arrival announcement and I really want my milkshakes so I can store them because I still have to wait for my board to put them on  ;D

Offline bliss

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 16:06:26 »
Any Europeans got info about when to expect their caps? It's been two weeks since the arrival announcement and I really want my milkshakes so I can store them because I still have to wait for my board to put them on  ;D

We will get a shipping notification. Because earlier purchases are served first and I bought late (took me a while to puzzle everything together with my first KAT), I personally expect my set maybe in couple of weeks.

tl;dr It depends when you placed your order :thumb:

Offline Ares2105

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 10:07:22 »
Alrighty right, then. Thanks for the Info. I guess I was a little nervous since it's been almost 3 months now since novelkeys buyers got their caps.

Offline bliss

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 05:16:10 »

We will get a shipping notification. Because earlier purchases are served first and I bought late (took me a while to puzzle everything together with my first KAT), I personally expect my set maybe in couple of weeks.

tl;dr It depends when you placed your order :thumb:

Got notification from CandyKeys that my Milkshake is ready... although DPD is slacking as usual and has not picked up the parcel yet for several days now (easy fix - will choose DHL next time).

Anyway, really stoked and hope you guys finally receive yours as well!

Offline Ares2105

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 10:52:26 »

Got notification from CandyKeys that my Milkshake is ready... although DPD is slacking as usual and has not picked up the parcel yet for several days now (easy fix - will choose DHL next time).

Anyway, really stoked and hope you guys finally receive yours as well!

Glad I'm not the only one with the delayed shipping. Was already worried DPD lost my order. Welp, what's another week after a year of anticipation?  :D

Offline frewtkeek

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 05:09:48 »
Apparently nothing is being picked up at the moment since CK is still on holiday.

Offline Ares2105

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 10:43:45 »
It seems they are already back. Has anyone gotten their shipment from ck yet? Mine's not yet picked up.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 16:31:49 »
any word on the replacements? Been a while since the issues came to light

Offline FSund

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 04:03:11 »
Apparently nothing is being picked up at the moment since CK is still on holiday.

Milkshake orders are still being processed during their holiday, according to an automatic reply I got from them.

Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline maxdrehzahl

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 04:39:11 »
Glad I'm not the only one with the delayed shipping. Was already worried DPD lost my order. Welp, what's another week after a year of anticipation?  :D

I got a DHL tracking number on July 31st, but the status of the package has just remained "Order data transmitted electronically"...

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:15:37 »
Vendors are still working with the manu in order to find the best solution.
Arranging replacement keycaps is taking time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline bliss

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 16:42:01 »
Vendors are still working with the manu in order to find the best solution.
Arranging replacement keycaps is taking time.
I'm glad it's handled that way - only the shipping notification with a seemingly stuck shipment caused some confusion :thumb:

Offline Ares2105

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 10:15:30 »
So, does anyone have an updated status on their cc order already? I get candykeys is not amazon but still, 2 weeks of orders stuck in limbo despite stating that they are already back a while is a little odd.

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 11:01:32 »
Your order is on its way and will be delivered by DPD!
I received this mail 5 minutes ago, DPD picked up the package finally.

Offline norb

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 11:44:35 »
So, does anyone have an updated status on their cc order already? I get candykeys is not amazon but still, 2 weeks of orders stuck in limbo despite stating that they are already back a while is a little odd.

yeah, today a lot of trackings got updated. i'm one of them and there are many more reports in the discord.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 06:59:36 »
My order was shipped with DHL and hasn't moved in 2 weeks :(

Offline Kookiekurls

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 23:40:55 »
Having some pretty major issues with the keycaps I received. They have this dark outline on all of the legends. It makes them look fuzzy at a distance.

https://ibb.co/hF02RBS

This picture shows it even worse. It shows the difference between a key that looks ok (the pipe key) and the others than are so blurry and have this weird dark shadowing effect

https://ibb.co/XFHsDZ8

Is there a way to report these issues and get replacements?
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2020, 00:06:38 by Kookiekurls »

Offline saesh

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 15:35:55 »
Received my order from CC yesterday.

Offline saesh

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 15:46:22 »
Anyone else have issues with the ISO Enter key cap? Both (white and green), when put on stabs, get stuck and do not come up again. My theory is that the stems where the stabs are connected to are bent slightly outwards and create too much friction within the stab. I tried different brands of stabs with the same result. The ANSI Enter does not seem to have this issue. I will test further but this is a serious issue for me right now.

Edit: tried on a different board with the same result. When I place the cap on a table I can spin it effortlessly like humming-top and it spins on the middle stem.

@biip anything I can do?
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 August 2020, 01:10:56 by saesh »

Offline norb

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 17:42:21 »
my iso enter is working fine, no issues at all. haven't tried the green one tho.

/edit: green one also working fine, absolutely nothing wrong with it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 August 2020, 06:06:44 by norb »

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 13:07:41 »
Anyone else have issues with the ISO Enter key cap? Both (white and green), when put on stabs, get stuck and do not come up again. My theory is that the stems where the stabs are connected to are bent slightly outwards and create too much friction within the stab. I tried different brands of stabs with the same result. The ANSI Enter does not seem to have this issue. I will test further but this is a serious issue for me right now.

Edit: tried on a different board with the same result. When I place the cap on a table I can spin it effortlessly like humming-top and it spins on the middle stem.

@biip anything I can do?
What stabs are you using? C3, durock or cherry? I've heard C3 will exhibit this due to too tight of tolerances.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 13:08:33 »
Having some pretty major issues with the keycaps I received. They have this dark outline on all of the legends. It makes them look fuzzy at a distance.

https://ibb.co/hF02RBS

This picture shows it even worse. It shows the difference between a key that looks ok (the pipe key) and the others than are so blurry and have this weird dark shadowing effect

https://ibb.co/XFHsDZ8

Is there a way to report these issues and get replacements?
Fwiw my set has this same fuzziness. Might be normal (even if you get a replacement it might be the same)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 13:45:37 »
Anyone else have issues with the ISO Enter key cap?

I've tried on three boards:
1. north facing switch, Everglide stabilizer: no issues
2. south facing switch, Everglide stabilizer: no issues
3. west facing switch, Everglide stabilizer: binding with both Enters

Half of my boards have rotated switch for ISO Enter ...

Offline saesh

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 14:08:51 »
What stabs are you using? C3, durock or cherry? I've heard C3 will exhibit this due to too tight of tolerances.

I am using GMK screw-ins and no name clip-in stabilizers from KBDFans.

Offline saesh

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 14:09:50 »
I've tried on three boards:
1. north facing switch, Everglide stabilizer: no issues
2. south facing switch, Everglide stabilizer: no issues
3. west facing switch, Everglide stabilizer: binding with both Enters

Half of my boards have rotated switch for ISO Enter ...

Interesting, I have also tested on an empty board to rule out the switch with two different stabilizers with the same result.

Offline bliss

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 05:16:40 »
Set came early last week, and I am very happy!

KAT is a major contender; for me best of sound and king of texture along with SA. Profile is amazing as well.

Milkshake is such a nice concept, each board likely looks unique because there are so many possibilities. Thanks, biip! <3

Anyone else have issues with the ISO Enter key cap?
Using a stock Ducky One 2 TKL: white Enter works ok, but not perfect perfect (very slight binding). Green Enter has enough binding to make it unusable (on that board). This is the only issue I have with the set.

EDIT: both ISO Enter keys work fine now, I do not know what my problem was earlier...
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2020, 13:25:30 by bliss »