Author Topic: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (Shipped)  (Read 1067363 times)

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
Re: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (Invoicing Complete, Awaiting Payment)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:40:39 »
I'm so psyched this is happening.

What is everyone planning as far as LEDs? The PCB has a lot of options. I'm planning on full under-lighting (probably white), not sure yet what I'm going to do about indicators.

So... I heard instead of LED's you could hook up other stuff like bluetooth. If that's possible I would like to look into it (assuming I could fit a battery in the thin case)

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 23:41:36 »
So... I heard instead of LED's you could hook up other stuff like bluetooth. If that's possible I would like to look into it (assuming I could fit a battery in the thin case)

I haven't looked into how feasible it is, but it's theoretically possible. The two pins that are exposed do PWM and standard GPIO, so you'd probably need to bitbang a serial interface. Then it's just a matter of sending keyboard events over that serial bus to your bluetooth module. Hopefully all of that can be fit into the available space on the atmega32u4.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #252 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 22:43:30 »
Still am a bit bummed I wasn't able to afford this but maybe there will be a round 2 in the future or something similar. Looks fantastic.
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 11:49:58 »
The proto PCBs are coming along!

The fabricator is still waiting on some of the components to show up to assemble everything, but hopefully we'll have some protos on hand soon to make sure everything works and fits like it should!  :thumb:
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline KaminKevCrew

Re: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (PCBs In Production)
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 11:57:47 »
Looking awesome! Can't wait for these to come by! :D

Offline Delirious

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:07:30 »
Do the diodes come pre-soldered or we have to sort that ourselves?

Also very nice LED spacing

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 13:08:17 »
Do the diodes come pre-soldered or we have to sort that ourselves?

Also very nice LED spacing

The diodes will indeed come presoldered! You will only have to solder the switches and underlighting (if you choose to use it).
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline Sockets

« Reply #257 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 10:28:00 »
I'd like to get a sleeve and wrist rest made for my monarch.  Could you please post the dimensions? Could you please include the height and width of the front face where the wrist rest would meet the keyboard?

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 11:29:57 »
I'd like to get a sleeve and wrist rest made for my monarch.  Could you please post the dimensions? Could you please include the height and width of the front face where the wrist rest would meet the keyboard?

Here you go:

15.375"x4.656x0.523"

The front face is 15.375" wide and around 0.625" from the desktop with the feet I currently have on it (large hemisphereicals in the back and small in the front). That height may be slightly different in the final product though as the Lexan being used for the center spacer might differ in width from the acrylic of the prototype. The feet that I will be providing with the kits might also be of slightly different dimension from the ones I'm using on the proto. I'd say it'll be somewhere quite close to the above figure though (within about an eight of an inch) depending on the feet you end up using (all small, large in back, or GON alu feet). Sorry I couldn't give a more definite answer  :-X

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:53:19 »
The proto PCBs have been assembled and should be here shortly! In the meantime I'm going to try to get one of the prototype cases back onto the mill so it can be modified to emulate a production case so we can make sure everything fits as it should!  :thumb:

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 21:36:22 »
The proto PCBs have been assembled and should be here shortly! In the meantime I'm going to try to get one of the prototype cases back onto the mill so it can be modified to emulate a production case so we can make sure everything fits as it should!  :thumb:

Show Image

Looks great. It's rare to see an Alps-only PCB, so clean and simple.

I'm still trying to decide what color LEDs to use. I'm leaning towards white unless I can find some shade of blue that will look good with the plate colors I chose.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 22:02:28 »

Show Image

I think the small diodes definitely keep the board looking clean and uniform looking. Looking good koalapear n' skullydazed!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 01:00:32 »

Show Image

I'm still trying to decide what color LEDs to use. I'm leaning towards white unless I can find some shade of blue that will look good with the plate colors I chose.
Exactly. It really does look so clean.

As for LEDs, I wasn't going to put any on mine, but now I think I ought to push the boat out and make this my first flashy board. Maybe koalapear can remind me what colours I went with? Blue or grey something?
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2015, 01:04:41 by stoic-lemon »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 14:49:42 »

Show Image

As for LEDs, I wasn't going to put any on mine, but now I think I ought to push the boat out and make this my first flashy board. Maybe koalapear can remind me what colours I went with? Blue or grey something?
Can't go wrong with white LEDs.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 15:50:18 »

Show Image

Looks like you got Socom Blue top and Satin Aluminum bottom.

Speaking of how the PCB Iooks the production boards will have white soldermask instead of the green so they should look even better!  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2015, 17:09:43 by koalapear »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 20:44:07 »

Show Image

Speaking of how the PCB Iooks the production boards will have white soldermask instead of the green so they should look even better!  ;D

Thanks! White LED's for me then.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #266 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 20:45:57 »

Show Image

Thanks! White LED's for me then.
Definitely the way to go. White LEDs can become any color with a dab of translucent paint of nail polish.

My boards:
More

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 21:37:29 »
I'm sorry to say that I am completely lost when it comes to choosing LED's and resistors for this board. From reading about the PCB in this thread, it seems I need 16 of each for underlighting. I see I also need a 10Kohm resistor. I have had a look on mouser and come up with this LED. How would I work out the resistor required for that. I found an online calculator, but I want to be sure I am entering the correct values. Any hints?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:32:49 »
I'm sorry to say that I am completely lost when it comes to choosing LED's and resistors for this board. From reading about the PCB in this thread, it seems I need 16 of each for underlighting. I see I also need a 10Kohm resistor. I have had a look on mouser and come up with this LED. How would I work out the resistor required for that. I found an online calculator, but I want to be sure I am entering the correct values. Any hints?

That LED has a forward voltage of 2.7v-3.15v, so you usually calculate somewhere in the middle. (2.7+3.15)/2=2.9, so that's a good voltage to pick. Plug those numbers into an led calculator and you get a resistor value of 120ohm. Plug 3.15v into that calculator and you get 100ohm. That means you want a resistor that is between 100ohm and 120ohm.

I'm not sure if this will come across OK, but here are some good candidates for resistors to match your LED: http://www.mouser.jp/Passive-Components/Resistors/_/N-5g9n?P=1z0x6xbZ1yzmou0Z1z0vpm5Z1z0we4uZ1z0wljoZ1z0wpn9&Keyword=120ohm+resistor&FS=True

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 00:47:59 »

That LED has a forward voltage of 2.7v-3.15v, so you usually calculate somewhere in the middle. (2.7+3.15)/2=2.9, so that's a good voltage to pick. Plug those numbers into an led calculator and you get a resistor value of 120ohm. Plug 3.15v into that calculator and you get 100ohm. That means you want a resistor that is between 100ohm and 120ohm.

I'm not sure if this will come across OK, but here are some good candidates for resistors to match your LED: http://www.mouser.jp/Passive-Components/Resistors/_/N-5g9n?P=1z0x6xbZ1yzmou0Z1z0vpm5Z1z0we4uZ1z0wljoZ1z0wpn9&Keyword=120ohm+resistor&FS=True

Thanks. That makes sense. So I suppose there is a certain amount of personal preference as to how bright people want their LED's. So, you need to know how bright a certain LED is in real life before you buy it. Since these will be on all the time, I don't want very bright ones.

Thanks again for taking time to school me on this stuff.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 09:48:43 »

Thanks. That makes sense. So I suppose there is a certain amount of personal preference as to how bright people want their LED's. So, you need to know how bright a certain LED is in real life before you buy it. Since these will be on all the time, I don't want very bright ones.

Thanks again for taking time to school me on this stuff.

You have the option to have to the underlighting be firmware controllable if you only have the caps lock indicator.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #271 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:57:33 »
In preparation for getting the prototype PCB's I put together the last bits of the TMK firmware:

https://github.com/skullydazed/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/keyboard/monarch

I've put together a default keymap that looks like this:

Code: [Select]
    /* 0: qwerty
     */
    KEYMAP(
        NLCK,PEQL,PSLS,PAST,GRV, 1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0,   MINS,EQL, BSPC, \
        P7,  P8,  P9,  PMNS,TAB, Q,   W,   E,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P,   LBRC,RBRC,BSLS, \
        P4,  P5,  P6,  PPLS,CAPS,A,   S,   D,   F,   G,   H,   J,   K,   L,   SCLN,QUOT,ENT,  \
        P1,  P2,  P3,  PENT,LSFT,Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M,   COMM,DOT, SLSH,     RSFT, \
        P0,       PDOT,     LCTL,LALT,LGUI,          SPC,                RGUI, FN0,     RALT,RCTL),
    /* 1: Fn
     */
    KEYMAP(
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,ESC, F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9,  F10, F11, F12, DEL, \
        HOME,UP,  PGUP,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS, \
        LEFT,NO,  RGHT,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS, \
        END, DOWN,PGDN,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,     TRNS, \
        INS,      DEL,      TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,          TRNS,               TRNS, FN0,     TRNS,TRNS),

Inside the doc directory you'll find all the design files for the monarch. There are PNG exports of the schematic and board layout so you don't have to install EAGLE. Here are convenient links to each PNG:

If you do have EAGLE installed you'll find the monarch.sch and monarch.brd files ready to load up. You'll also need the clueboard EAGLE library if you want to make changes:

https://github.com/skullydazed/clueboard_eagle

Please look everything over and let me know if you spot any problems, mistakes, or ways to improve this. Ultimately this is your keyboard, and I want to make sure it does what everyone wants.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 01:50:06 »
Prototype PCBs are here!

Today I received the prototype run from smart-prototyping. To start, here's a nausea inducing unboxing video where I attempt to open a box with one hand:

Of course the first thing I tried to do was to plug one into my computer. Once I plugged it in I expected to see at Atmel device on my USB bus. So I plugged it in, navigated to the thing that shows what's plugged into my USB bus... and it wasn't there!  :eek:

(Warning, long description of my troubleshooting process ahead.)

After I stopped panicking I started to work on figuring out what was wrong. First up, get my meter out and check everything over. All the resistors measured what I expected. No short between VCC and GND. The RESET line was not connected to GND. I had +5v everywhere I expected to. My UCAP capacitor didn't have any voltage. So I know that everything measures out the way I expect, but my MCU isn't initializing USB. What could be wrong?

My gut tells me it's probably the crystal, so I started debugging there. I first popped off the crystal and the caps, assuming that maybe the connection was bad:

However, those looked fine, and while resoldering I made sure that it had a good connection. OK, it's gotta be something else right? So I started looking at all my caps, wondering if I could tell them apart. Here's a picture of a 1uf cap sitting next to C1:

Well, that isn't going to work. Every 0805 cap on this board look exactly the same! So I started measuring out board capacitance. Between VCC and GND I had a total of 2.8uf, well within tolerances. That's enough capacitance for the MCU to run stable without exceeding the 20uf limit. While I had the crystal's caps off I checked those and they were each 10uf, exactly what my schematic says they should be. Even UCAP has the right amount of capacitance.

At this point I was stumped. This was the same controller designed I used successfully in the my 1% board, the Clueboard, and the ADB converter. What could be wrong? It was time to compare it with a working circuit part by part. I went through every part on the Clueboard, comparing it against the Monarch, and all seemed to be in order. As I went down the list I found only matches, no discrepancies. Finally, I came to the last 3 parts on the Clueboard, the crystal and corresponding caps. It was here, when I was sure there wasn't even a single difference, that I found the problem.

The monarch has 10uf caps connected to the crystal, while the Clueboard had 10pf caps.

Luckily I had some 10pf caps on hand, and I was able to swap those in:

Once I did that I plugged the board in and it showed up! Success! I celebrated by loading the firmware:

Code: [Select]
Creating load file for Flash: monarch.hex
avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom -R .fuse -R .lock -R .signature monarch.elf monarch.hex
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase --force
Erasing flash...  Success
Checking memory from 0x0 to 0x6FFF...  Empty.
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
Checking memory from 0x0 to 0x6FFF...  Empty.
Chip already blank, to force erase use --force.
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash monarch.hex
Checking memory from 0x0 to 0x54FF...  Empty.
0%                            100%  Programming 0x5500 bytes...
[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>]  Success
0%                            100%  Reading 0x7000 bytes...
[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>]  Success
Validating...  Success
0x5500 bytes written into 0x7000 bytes memory (75.89%).
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 reset

I'd love to say I'm typing this on a monarch, but sadly not yet. I was, however, able to bridge some switch pins and make characters appear. The Monarch is alive and nearly ready for its production run! Tomorrow I will swap out the crystal caps on the remaining PCB's and then send 4 of them to koalapear. We are very close!
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 November 2015, 02:17:38 by skullydazed »

Offline joey

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 02:50:56 »
Ouch, what a difference a single character makes :( (u -> p)

Glad you figured it out!

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 11:39:27 »
Talk about panic inducing...  :eek:

Offline Delirious

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 15:06:49 »
Forgot to ask, does this PCB support locking mechanic for cap locks?

Offline joey

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 15:11:00 »
If TMK supports that, it should!

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 15:15:47 »

TMK supports that: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard#mechanical-locking-support

I have never used it so I can't attest to how well it works.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 02:08:00 »
I setup my prototype a bit tonight so I can work on the TMK firmware:

This should allow me to iterate on the firmware a bit and get all the LED configurations working.

Offline joey

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 02:23:39 »
I'm now convinced skullydazed works at the PCB factory.. those pictures of the prototype and the ones from the PCB fab are too similar!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 09:21:56 »
These updates are much appreciated by all of us salivating at the thought of actually getting our hands on our very own boards in the future.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 09:58:22 »
I'm now convinced skullydazed works at the PCB factory.. those pictures of the prototype and the ones from the PCB fab are too similar!

With a white background everything looks the same.  :))

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 00:25:52 »
Is there any chance that koalapear could be kind enough to give us a day or two warning before he submits colors for the cerakote? I'd like to know so that I can change colors if I so choose.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 14:52:24 »
Is there any chance that koalapear could be kind enough to give us a day or two warning before he submits colors for the cerakote? I'd like to know so that I can change colors if I so choose.

I'll definitely give you guys advance notice!

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 14:57:14 »

I'll definitely give you guys advance notice!
Awesome! I think I'll probably be changing colors to something less shouty...

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 01:40:51 »
I put a little work in on the Monarch today. The pcb matches the plate perfectly:

Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough QC's to fill out the board, but luckily I receive my shipment of switches from matias any day now.

I also put LED's on all the underglow pads:

Dat underglow:

I need to place an order for some FET's and 10k resistors next so I can work on controllable underlighting. I'll have a few extras I can toss koalapear's way for inclusion with a pcb if anyone wants. Just let me know here in this thread or via PM so I can make sure I grab enough.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 01:47:33 »
I put a little work in on the Monarch today. The pcb matches the plate perfectly:

Show Image

Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough QC's to fill out the board, but luckily I receive my shipment of switches from matias any day now.

I also put LED's on all the underglow pads:

Show Image

Dat underglow:

Show Image

I need to place an order for some FET's and 10k resistors next so I can work on controllable underlighting. I'll have a few extras I can toss koalapear's way for inclusion with a pcb if anyone wants. Just let me know here in this thread or via PM so I can make sure I grab enough.
Amazing work as always skully! :D

Can't wait to get one if these protos up and running in a case with some underlighting.

Seeing that acrylic plate makes me think an acrylic or polycarb Monarch might be interesting...

Offline E3E

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 02:26:26 »
To think the guy who gave my his spare Rapoo KX parts is such a crazy electrical engineering and CNC wizard. You are insane, skully! I'm not part of this buy, but this looks amazing. I know everyone who bought into the GB will enjoy their Monarchs. :D

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 09:51:29 »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline E3E

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:14:59 »
I'm not part of this buy
:eek:

Haha, I have to prioritize for now. When I get a little closer to being rich, maybe I'll be able get the Monarch II :P It's a fantastic board nonetheless (I looove the cerakote options). If a board needs a numb pad,  then the left hand side is where it's at. :)

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:49:48 »

One more thing to add, I can grab LED's and resistors as well. It will probably have to be all the same color for anyone who wants these, but we'll work that out once everyone has registered interest. I think the total cost of the parts would be around $13-15. $2-3 if you want only the FET and resistor and will source the LED's/resistors yourself. That includes fees and shipping and a little padding jic, the final cost should be lower.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:50:56 »
I'm in for white LEDs if we go in that direction

My boards:
More

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 23:58:56 »
+1 for white LEDs

Offline Delirious

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:43:49 »
Definitely white LEDs.

And I'm glad koalapear will double check color coating with us because I don't think I can tolerate Prison Pink for many years.

Offline E3E

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 09:27:22 »
Yeah, white LEDs, the most neutral eye-saving color (aside from when those LEDs shine directly into your eyes, that is). Curse Duck for inspiring me to LED my boards to look like an illuminated box of fruit loops.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2015, 09:28:56 by E3E »

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 03:22:11 »
I am typing this message on my prototype monarch!

I spent a bit of time with it tonight and got capslock/numlock LED's working: https://github.com/skullydazed/tmk_keyboard/commit/517fd6b064d5b5a1efce0f0a12a3fdc085d42370

Next up will be the controllable underlighting.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 03:28:30 »
I am typing this message on my prototype monarch!

Show Image

I spent a bit of time with it tonight and got capslock/numlock LED's working: https://github.com/skullydazed/tmk_keyboard/commit/517fd6b064d5b5a1efce0f0a12a3fdc085d42370

Next up will be the controllable underlighting.
Nice! This just keeps getting me more and more excited! I want one now XD

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 10:09:17 »
Man, i really wished i had the $$ for this when it was available, great to see it coming together

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #298 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 10:15:26 »
Man, i really wished i had the $$ for this when it was available

Me too.  :'(

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:15:13 »
Man, i really wished i had the $$ for this when it was available

Me too.  :'(

Man, i really wished i had the $$ for this when it was available, great to see it coming together

If you guys want there's still time to squeeze you in since orders for production parts haven't been made yet.   ;)