Author Topic: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (Shipped)  (Read 1067352 times)

Offline notmybongos

Re: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (Shipped)
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:05:41 »
Remove the FET bypass jumper and see if that clears up your problems.
So if I remove the bypass jumper, does the way I currently have the 3&4 pin headers look correct? And since I have the FET I'll essentially have enabled controllable underlighting, right?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 16:59:43 »
Remove the FET bypass jumper and see if that clears up your problems.
So if I remove the bypass jumper, does the way I currently have the 3&4 pin headers look correct? And since I have the FET I'll essentially have enabled controllable underlighting, right?

I'm doing some of this from memory, so I think this is the way you should approach it:

• Remove the bypass jumper
  • Desolder the right hand side of the jumper
  • Plug in the board

After you do this the underlight will be enabled but not turned on. You should then touch the wire to GND (the place it's currently soldered) and see if it lights up. If not it means you need to touch that to VCC and it will light up. Solder the wire in whichever way lights up the board.

Your wiring looks good for numlock and capslock. Note that you have to pick 2/3 options for numlock, capslock, and controllable underlighting.

Offline notmybongos

« Reply #502 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 18:03:01 »
It looks like my USB connector has completely crapped out :-(
I can kind of hold the connector in one direction but I think some data gets shorted as all the keypresses come out crazy.
Most keys don't even send a keypress.

Has anyone else successfully replaced the female usb connector?
While I'm at it, is it easy enough for me to make this a micro-usb connector, instead of mini?

Looking forward to finally getting this thing at 100%... someday!

Offline notmybongos

« Reply #503 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:18:28 »
Sorry for the bump...just a bit out of sorts here.
Does anyone know if mixed up/ inconsistent characters could be the result of a poor usb connection? or is that more likely to be a bad connection with a diode, causing the matrix to get jacked up?

Offline Delirious

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:22:54 »
Sorry for the bump...just a bit out of sorts here.
Does anyone know if mixed up/ inconsistent characters could be the result of a poor usb connection? or is that more likely to be a bad connection with a diode, causing the matrix to get jacked up?

Can you take a picture of the connection port? If it's shorting I suggest put a little dab of hot glue on it or tape it off.

Offline Pikly

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 09:08:29 »
If you're getting characters, then I would guess that the USB port is okay as it appears to be recognized as a keyboard. If there was an issue with the port, I would expect no key presses to register at all, or for the device to constantly connect-reconnect.

Offline notmybongos

« Reply #506 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:37:26 »
If you're getting characters, then I would guess that the USB port is okay as it appears to be recognized as a keyboard. If there was an issue with the port, I would expect no key presses to register at all, or for the device to constantly connect-reconnect.

That's my guess. Though I think it might actually be a combination of the two. Evidenced by:

1. USB connector was faulty. Fixed that, but it progressively degraded (disconnects at certain cable angles). Now I really have to gingerly angle it to get a connection.
2. Confirmed a proper usb connection by successfully flashing firmware (while carefully holding USB in place)
3. While holding the USB in this position, key presses are bizarre. Getting several keys outputting the the same (incorrect) characters. Most keys don't register anything.

This leads me to believe something is either shorted or not connecting somewhere.
Is there any possible way that the LED's and related FET could be effecting the matrix?
What troubleshooting process do ya'll recommend?

Thanks for the tips Pikly & Delirious!

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #507 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 10:02:39 »
When is the next round for this group buy? I’ve been looking for a second hand board but never catch them in time when they come up for sale.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #508 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 20:12:26 »
It only barely got a first round. I have no inside knowledge, but I think chances of a second round are very low.