Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2355328 times)

Offline razorsharpgears

• Trade Count: (0)
  • TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #500 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 17:02:22 »
Can I check the price range for bro caps?

They were sold for $30-$35 on techkeys and some were 1 offs
thanks any idea on the range of prices in the aftermarket?

$30-$35 ideally :/
Ideally yes, but realistically more like 60-100+ depending on the seller and the bro-bot.
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rekanise

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 17:29:18 »
cool thanks I can I'll see if I can get one! if anyone has one for sale shoot me a pm

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #502 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 08:50:22 »
Wanna check some price:

1) Dolch keyboard with vintage blue switches without keycaps.
2) Dolch keyset

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #503 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 09:20:10 »
Wanna check some price:

1) Dolch keyboard with vintage blue switches without keycaps.
2) Dolch keyset

Not sure about the keyboard, but around $120 for dolch+moogle is what I just paid for a set of caps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #504 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 10:52:51 »
Fair market price for complete Dolch PAC (or true G80-1813 model in 1800 style case body add a little more perhaps) keyboard $80-120, caps only $70-100, naked keyboard only $20-30 all depend on condition.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #505 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 11:29:56 »
How much is worth a Cherry G80-3700HAU? It has Cherry MX Black switches, double shot keycaps (and an upper row of relegendable ones), DIN connector and a nice Cherry sticker. Not sure but I think it's a programmable one. The overall condition is pretty good for its age.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #506 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 11:40:00 »
G80-3700HAU, $30-70 depend on which programmable revision, ones that don't require to use the Windows software aka mode4 is worth much more.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #507 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 11:42:17 »
Thanks for your reply lysol. I'll check the exact revision. It's a piece of hardware we have in our university department, not interested in selling it, just knowing its real value (it has been forgotten in a drawer for ages!).

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #508 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 14:42:22 »
Thinking of selling my RealForce 87UB 45g (non EK edition) to pick up a new 55g that are back in stock.

I paid $310 for it back at the beginning of March. It's been used in an office environment pretty heavily for development work, and the space bar and case has a tiny bit of shine on it, but otherwise it's in flawless condition. I have all the original materials that it came with.

Is $250 a good asking price? or is that too high?

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #509 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 18:59:10 »

http://deskthority.net/wiki/G80-0777

If anyone happens to recall, this turned up on eBay a few weeks ago and I purchased it for whatever reason.  Since I'm not really in a position to be acquiring massive amounts of keyboards to stow away in acrylic display cases, I was wondering if anyone may be interested in purchasing it.  I did pay quite a bit for it, relatively speaking, but I'm uncertain as to its "true" value.  I'd rather not be seen as someone who purchases things to resell them, so I was just wondering what may be a fair price.

No yellowing, great condition.  I don't think there were any other examples of this board to be found, serial number 56 per the photos I added to the wiki.  Also, if anyone has any specific suggestions for information I may add to the wiki page, I'd be happy to do that.  You can probably tell from looking at the page that I didn't have much to say off the top of my head. :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #510 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 19:39:12 »
I wish I could afford that right now... I think it's worth $150-175 to a Cherry collector... could be worth a LOT more to an Amiga collector though. It's a quite rare variation of the G80-077X.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 December 2012, 19:43:01 by lysol »

Offline precarious

« Reply #511 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 19:55:51 »
I wish I could afford that right now... I think it's worth $150-175 to a Cherry collector... could be worth a LOT more to an Amiga collector though. It's a quite rare variation of the G80-077X.

Yeah, the shipping was what really got me on it.  I figured it would probably be worth more to an Amiga collector.  Any idea where they're at?  :)

Edit: feel you on the "right now," though; just spent $1260 on my vehicle the other day ;(
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 December 2012, 20:00:52 by precarious »

Offline zeropluszero

« Reply #512 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 01:28:35 »
Hey guys
have here a Clack Factory Candy Corn Skull Keycap for Cherry MX, bought it and i dont really like how it looks on my keyboard.
what sort of price would it see on GH at auction?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 01:32:20 »
At auction?
* SmallFry le sigh.

Offline zeropluszero

« Reply #514 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 01:33:06 »
what can i say, im poor.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #515 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 02:09:01 »
what can i say, im poor.

Then why did you buy it..
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 02:26:06 »
How many more of these greedy resellers are there :/
Seems like they are the only ones who won the damned lottery.
Oh fate,  why must you be so cruel to us.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 12:26:13 by razorsharpgears »
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline precarious

« Reply #517 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 03:00:10 »
a lottery is more fair than allowing people who can figure things out to figure out how to actually get in on the sales apparently

i really don't care as much about people reselling them as i do their pathetic excuses for doing so.  you would at least hope a human being would maintain awareness of what they are doing, but no such luck.  life has become trivialized:  it is too easy to live.  thus, there is no incentive to develop a consciousness which relates to an external reality -- only one which is self-serving, in the selfish defense of a useless organism whose existence cannot be justified through any rational means.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 03:02:07 by precarious »

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 07:49:17 »
Hey guys
have here a Clack Factory Candy Corn Skull Keycap for Cherry MX, bought it and i dont really like how it looks on my keyboard.

Auction? Perhaps a few cents more than cost I suppose ;D

EDIT: Just give that over here :p

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 11:37:50 »
At auction?
* SmallFry le sigh.
Then why did you buy it..
How many more of these greedy resellers are there :/
Seems like they are the only ones who won the damned lottery.
Oh fate,  why must you be so cruel to us,  us good and honest folk.

Guys, leave the dude alone, it is his keycap to do whatever he wants for it, if he wants to sell it for $300, and someone is willing to pay that, so what. It's his, I hate seeing this mentality of "I didn't get a clack but someone is trying to re-sell theirs meaning they're a bad person". You need to accept the fact that when there is something sold in limited quantities there are going to be people who buy it purely to resell it for a profit, that's just life. Does that make these people some horrible person who sould be hung by their toes and tickled to death? NO! It is their PIECE OF PLASTIC to do whatever they want to do with it. Go follow Mondo and their movie posters, those sell out in under 5 minutes each time and go up on eBay for 2x to 3x the price, sometimes before they're completely sold out, and those are pieces of paper!!!! Every sale they have, their facebook wall is full of people "Baww... I didn't get anything but people are selling them on eBay, you need to fix your system". I don't know where you people are getting this entitled mentality of "I deserve the plastic more than someone else because I wouldn't resell it right away"

Now all of you, please grow up.

zzz

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 12:24:59 »
You see, the fact is, we wouldn't mind if they didn't make up some lame excuse.
If they just stated plainly that they were selling it, or in this case, asking how much it would sell for, we wouldn't care so much. But instead, these resellers, more often than not, both on GH and DT, create some type of explanation why they might have to sell it. If it is a legitimate reason, it's understandable, but again, those are few and far between. I am not trying to give the man a hard time, just humbly asking him to say it like it is, that he wants the money. I mean you can tell from the pictures provided what the KeyCap looks like... so saying that you don't like the look of it is a superficial excuse.

Sorry for the rant... :\

Edit:
Here the man showed that he wanted the money↓
what can i say, im poor.
But, still in his Original Post, it states his other reasons for reselling the 'Cap. And the post hasn't been edited at all to show a change.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 12:42:00 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #521 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 12:43:15 »
Because it hurts us as a community every time someone does this, that's why. We're not whining or complaining because we couldn't get one at cost, and now someone is selling for the highest bid. We are trying to keep this community free from rampant profiteering. We should be helping each other, rather than trying to make a profit off of another member, even if that member is willing to pay. Join discussions, design new ideas, create something, help noobs learn about this hobby. All of that is what this community is about. Not making a quick buck because of limited supply and high demand.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:19:36 »
You see, the fact is, we wouldn't mind if they didn't make up some lame excuse.
If they just stated plainly that they were selling it, or in this case, asking how much it would sell for, we wouldn't care so much. But instead, these resellers, more often than not, both on GH and DT, create some type of explanation why they might have to sell it. If it is a legitimate reason, it's understandable, but again, those are few and far between. I am not trying to give the man a hard time, just humbly asking him to say it like it is, that he wants the money. I mean you can tell from the pictures provided what the KeyCap looks like... so saying that you don't like the look of it is a superficial excuse.

Sorry for the rant... :\

Edit:
Here the man showed that he wanted the money↓
what can i say, im poor.
But, still in his Original Post, it states his other reasons for reselling the 'Cap. And the post hasn't been edited at all to show a change.

His original post, with one small part bolded.

Hey guys

From what I've seen it doesen't matter if people come up with a lame excuse or not, it's more of, "Oh, you are a senior member, sell your clacks for $100 each" or "Oh, you're just some new guy who bought a clack to re-sell it, if you sell it for more than $10 I'm going to continually harrass you until you do." Which is why people make up 'lame excuses' to hopefully alleviate people continually attacking them for selling something that THEY own. This guy didn't even come up with some stupid excuse like "Oh my fish has cancer, I need to sell stuff for fish chemotherapy" he straight up said he wanted to sell it because he didn't like it, then when someone complained about him wanting to auction it, he just made an offhand comment about how he's poor, probably trying to just lighten the mood, but instead you guys are using it against him claiming hes only selling for the money, which why else do people sell things.........

Because it hurts us as a community every time someone does this, that's why. We're not whining or complaining because we couldn't get one at cost, and now someone is selling for the highest bid. We are trying to keep this community free from rampant profiteering. We should be helping each other, rather than trying to make a profit off of another member, even if that member is willing to pay. Join discussions, design new ideas, create something, help noobs learn about this hobby. All of that is what this community is about. Not making a quick buck because of limited supply and high demand.

Please jdcarpe, claiming clack sales hurts us as a community is so much more hurtful than an overpriced clack will ever be, that just enforces the whole GeekCap mentality. Stopping one person from trying to sell something they don't want will not even begin to touch the prominent "rampant profiteering" that is throughout these forums. I may be a relatively new member to GH, but after seeing a set of caps traded for one CC auction for hundreds of dollars by one of the highest members on the forum, I have no hope for even beginning to curb people's greed for money on these forums.

I agree with you about helping new people into the hobby, I've given away 10 or so of my caps to new members just so they have something to make their new keyboard unique, go take a look at /r/mechanicalkeyboards, any time someone posts "Check out my new keyboard" ripster gives them 1/3 of a free keycap, and the only way to get the other 2/3 is by participating in the community. Am I saying that GH should start doing that for every new member? heck no. What I am saying, is that as someone with tonnes of extra caps you'll never use, why haven't you given out some? I've thought about getting rid of some of my duplicate caps, but the thought of selling them even at cost disgusts me, I can't even begin to imagine how people who sell stuff for 2x, 5x, 10x the price they paid feel when they do that. Those are literally the scum of the earth. The only reason they keep getting away with it is because they do deals behind closed doors, through PMs, which is why people like Peter who buys stuff on the public site eBay cannot even attempt to sell for even the price they paid.

I dunno guys, this whole forum is full of people that are just here to make the next quick buck, from noobs to veteran members...

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #523 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:28:32 »
Clack mania is the most flagrant example of the profiteering and price inflation problems that we've seen on GH.  And they aren't cheap to begin with.   That's why it chafes more than people selling novelty keycaps for 3x cost.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #524 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:28:40 »
If he wants to sell it, fine. I just don't care for auctions. :))

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #525 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:30:11 »
Small correction, Peter definitely didnt buy that dyesub keyboard for 700 bucks, he bought it for 100 plus  ;D

Add that to your example of making the next quick buck? :p

just trying to lighten the mood

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:46:48 »
From what I've seen it doesen't matter if people come up with a lame excuse or not, it's more of, "Oh, you are a senior member, sell your clacks for $100 each" or "Oh, you're just some new guy who bought a clack to re-sell it, if you sell it for more than $10 I'm going to continually harrass you until you do." Which is why people make up 'lame excuses' to hopefully alleviate people continually attacking them for selling something that THEY own. This guy didn't even come up with some stupid excuse like "Oh my fish has cancer, I need to sell stuff for fish chemotherapy" he straight up said he wanted to sell it because he didn't like it, then when someone complained about him wanting to auction it, he just made an offhand comment about how he's poor, probably trying to just lighten the mood, but instead you guys are using it against him claiming hes only selling for the money, which why else do people sell things.........
I disagree. His explanation of not "liking how it looked" was a very lame excuse. You can clearly see in the images provided how the Clack looks before you buy it. I don't think the CC changed colors while in the shipping process. So that is definitely a lame excuse. And as previously stated, I personally would not care so much  (and I'm sure others wouldn't care so much either), if the man clearly stated that he is looking to sell the Clack, and not give a half-ass reason as to why. Also, I don't expect the guy to sell the Clack at cost, and wouldn't mind him selling it at what it would normally go for here, all I ask is that he isn't so sneaky about it.

I dunno guys, this whole forum is full of people that are just here to make the next quick buck, from noobs to veteran members...
And I haven't really seen any veterans purchasing a Clack, and then immediately selling it after. If I'm wrong though, please correct me.

Also, I don't want any hate, just trying to have a clean argument here.

~Another thing, no one has even answered this man's question yet.
Hey guys
I think it would probably go for something in-between 100-160 USD.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #527 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:59:18 »
I disagree. His explanation of not "liking how it looked" was a very lame excuse. You can clearly see in the images provided how the Clack looks before you buy it. I don't think the CC changed colors while in the shipping process. So that is definitely a lame excuse. And as previously stated, I personally would not care so much  (and I'm sure others wouldn't care so much either), if the man clearly stated that he is looking to sell the Clack, and not give a half-ass reason as to why. Also, I don't expect the guy to sell the Clack at cost, and wouldn't mind him selling it at what it would normally go for here, all I ask is that he isn't so sneaky about it.

And I haven't really seen any veterans purchasing a Clack, and then immediately selling it after. If I'm wrong though, please correct me.

Fair enough, it's a lame excuse. But I can see how something would look different than online. However I HIGHLY disagree with the "others wouldn't care .. if he clearly stated he is trying to sell it" I think that would have brought even more grief from people since he's a new person trying to flip a clack. Also I don't see how he's being sneaky, he just asked what it would go for, which you finally answered :))

What I was talking about with vets, isn't Clack's but other artificially "rare" keyboard related things. :rolleyes:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #528 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:06:20 »
Forgive me here, as I tend to keep my tongue out of Clack price discussions in general, but I disagree with it being a lame excuse. I've bought Clacks before, only to find out after having them that I don't want them, so I can see where he might be coming from if that's his true reasoning.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:13:32 »
What I was talking about with vets, isn't Clack's but other artificially "rare" keyboard related things. :rolleyes:

Like what, specifically?

And by the way, I have given away plenty of things for free, personally. I just don't usually make it public, so you probably wouldn't know, unless you were the recipient. As secret Santa, I gave my giftee a Clack skull.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #530 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:16:07 »
Forgive me here, as I tend to keep my tongue out of Clack price discussions in general, but I disagree with it being a lame excuse. I've bought Clacks before, only to find out after having them that I don't want them, so I can see where he might be coming from if that's his true reasoning.

If he doesnt like how it looks perhaps he can consider selling at cost ;D EDIT: to me!

But I agree, its his clack, he can do whatever he wants to do with it, but thats just , my strong sense of whatever **** you call it :p

EDIT: why arent you my Santa, jd :( I need my first clack after so long LOL

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #531 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:19:05 »

Fair enough, it's a lame excuse. But I can see how something would look different than online. However I HIGHLY disagree with the "others wouldn't care .. if he clearly stated he is trying to sell it" I think that would have brought even more grief from people since he's a new person trying to flip a clack. Also I don't see how he's being sneaky, he just asked what it would go for, which you finally answered :))

Okay maybe others would care, but I personally would not. Also, I said he is being sneaky because he tries to hide the true purpose\reason for selling his 'Cap with an excuse. Bleh it isn't such a big deal, and I feel bad for the guy. This whole discussion kind of exploded, more so than I hoped.

And yeah, I agree some veterans have sold these things. But usually not so soon after receiving them.

Yeah, maybe I was a little too harsh with the "lame excuse" rant. I mean we all know what it feels like to love something one minute, and to hate it the next.
I just guess I got lost in this guys comment because I felt his motives were skewed, not because I know anything about him, but from personal experience with past resellers.
So, I entered this argument biased, and offer an apology to [zeropluszero] if I offended him in anyway.

And hopefully this all ends with a simple quote from Henry Ford :p
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business."
In my personal opinion, business on this forum should be to help the community out, and not for pure person gain. I can understand if someone is going through a tough time and needs the money, but even in those cases that I've seen, everyone is very honest, fair, and deals clean.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:26:23 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Champloo

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 15:22:43 »
I picked up an Apple Extended Keyboard II (has the Mitsumi Alps Clone and is in amazing shape aside from a yellowed spacebar) and an Apple Keyboard II (not sure of the switch type, I think it's membrane but not sure what kind of membrane) from a computer repair shop for 5 dollars each.

I'm just curious as to what they are worth, I plan on keeping the AEKII for a bit to see how I like the Mitsumi switches but curious to see if either one was a good find or not.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #533 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:48:40 »
Wouldn't mind with people selling the CC's, it's their CC after all.

quit

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:52:29 »

Theres a blue MX CC auction now, grab it while its yours :p

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 18:05:24 »
Not just any blue :O
Ionospheric Blue!
xD
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #536 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 19:47:32 »
price check: branded grey QFR with custom plate, lubed clear switch with 62g spring, grey switch on spacebar.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 19:55:49 »

Theres a blue MX CC auction now, grab it while its yours :p

I already gave mine away lol

quit

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #538 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:03:36 »
To me its just blue hahaha :p

Why you no give me hahahaha :mad:

Offline hluo87

« Reply #539 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 11:46:17 »
hi guys..
price check please
a race green led, blue switches..
how much it would be???

Offline h2gofast

« Reply #540 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:40:00 »
Terminal Model M's with RJ-45 connector, some 122 key, some 104 key.  A few of them are refurbished and clean, one is in the original box, the rest could use a cleaning, but all of them were successfully tested with a teensy converter.   Also some 5 pin din 122 key model M's  and a couple of Model F's, that were tested. 

I'm keeping three for myself, but the rest should be appreciated.  Also I have some rubber dome model M's.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #541 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 07:03:18 »
Hi guys. Can I get a price check on a Filco Majestouch 2 87 key Ergo Clear (modded by Bro MMB)

Key caps are PBT black engraved. I'm trying to sell this locally to a couple of friends here in the Philippines before I fly back to the US in the next 2 weeks.

Offline precarious

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 07:14:35 »
Hi guys. Can I get a price check on a Filco Majestouch 2 87 key Ergo Clear (modded by Bro MMB)

Key caps are PBT black engraved. I'm trying to sell this locally to a couple of friends here in the Philippines before I fly back to the US in the next 2 weeks.

I'd say 90-110 for a used stock Filco MJ2 tenkeyless, but with those mods and such, it would probably sell for a little more.  I probably wouldn't feel too bad about paying $150 for such a thing if I were looking for one.  Maybe a little more depending on how much you put into it, or how good your friends are. :)

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 07:59:30 »
I'd say 90-110 for a used stock Filco MJ2 tenkeyless, but with those mods and such, it would probably sell for a little more.  I probably wouldn't feel too bad about paying $150 for such a thing if I were looking for one.  Maybe a little more depending on how much you put into it, or how good your friends are. :)

Thanks mate! $150 was my idea too but thought it would be nice to get ideas here at geekhack.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 11:43:20 »

Thanks mate! $150 was my idea too but thought it would be nice to get ideas here at geekhack.
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of em sell here for $150. It's a good bet.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #545 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:00:45 »
Found a new in box IBM Model M 1391401 without cable.
Factory sealed and never opened, until i opened it,  Dated April 1992

I've ordered a cable off of ebay for $15 and free shipping to try it out.

It has a SDL cable port, a rectangular enter key, springs in the keys and a white/gray IBM logo in the top left hand corner.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #546 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:04:54 »
Found a new in box IBM Model M 1391401 without cable.
Factory sealed and never opened, until i opened it,  Dated April 1992

I've ordered a cable off of ebay for $15 and free shipping to try it out.

It has a SDL cable port, a rectangular enter key, springs in the keys and a white/gray IBM logo in the top left hand corner.
I doubt it's actually NIB if it doesn't have a cable. That being said, you could probably get $60 shipped out of it easily if it's actually NIB.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #547 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 23:20:41 »
I just found an FK-3001 (version with the calculator built in) I've cleaned it up and everything on it works. There is some yellowing on the case but the caps are in good (not to shiny) condition.

How much is it worth?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 00:15:14 »
I'd say about $35-$40. ALPS are a tough sell.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #549 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 03:02:26 »
I'd say about $35-$40. ALPS are a tough sell.

In the US anyways.