Author Topic: KMAC 2  (Read 69926 times)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: KMAC 2
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:34:36 »
Any idea what the ETA on this buy is?

I'm really hoping its in at least a few good weeks time. Just drilled my wallet empty with my interest in the latest LZ GB/Phantom currently ongoing.

I'll be almost over 1k for these last 2 weeks on keyboard related goods haha.

Also good pricing on the switches. Lets hope we can get more variety!

The approximate pricing is around $385 + approximately $16 (assuming Large Flat Rate for USPS) which would total to be $401.  The original cost was around $360 + shipping which would be about $57.31 via EMS which would total to $417.31.  I would able to save you guys a little money on shipping because I am bringing them all here together. 

This is only an approximation, and it would be something close to that.
TheProf sends sherry $400

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:35:25 »
With what Sherry just added re: approximate pricings, I'd say its closer to $550 TYD if you are international. Provided you need soldering and what not.
Thats why I'm not a fan of shipping (or in fact the distance between where I am and where the majority of you guys are (US))

What would be the shipping route for someone that requires soldering?
Korea->sherry->alar->buyer?
That would incur some extra shipping i'd imagine
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:37:16 by okooko »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:37:45 »
By the way, that is the pricing of the KMAC 2.  The KMAC 1.2 would be somewhere around $320.  It has a very similar look to the LZ GH because it is not slanted.  So do not rule yourself out if the KMAC 2 is not in your budget!
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:42:27 by sherryton »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:39:16 »
With what Sherry just added re: approximate pricings, I'd say its closer to $550 TYD if you are international. Provided you need soldering and what not.
Thats why I'm not a fan of shipping (or in fact the distance between where I am and where the majority of you guys are (US))

What would be the shipping route for someone that requires soldering?
Korea->sherry->alar->buyer?
That would incur some extra shipping i'd imagine

Korea -> alaricljs -> buyer

He is going to handle all the shipments (I need to discuss with him, but it is the most likely scenario).

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:40:26 »
Definitely down the track for me, they look so nice :) That Sanctuary keyset has left my wallet empty, with Uni coming up I will have to settle with a CM storm to house that Santuary set for now. Maybe even a WASD depending on the price without keycaps.

Current budget ~$100 lol

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:48:51 »
What about the kpad? I hope all this is worth your time!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:51:34 »

Of course you guys are worth my time!  I have no idea about the K Pad yet haha.  I recently talked to ekw, and he said it costed around $190.  I really do not like the price on it.  If some of you guys want it, then I will do it. 

I really enjoy catering items to you guys that would seem really impossible.  It is really fun on my part.  It is a huge hassle, but I really enjoy it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:53:16 by sherryton »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:53:21 »

Of course you guys are worth my time!  I have no idea about the K Pad yet haha.  I recently talked to ekw, and he said it costed around $190.  I really do not like the price on it.  If some of you guys want it, then I will do it. 
I would like a silver one possibly but im WAY more interested in a KPAD 1.2 and KPAD 2

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:56:07 »
Definitely down the track for me, they look so nice :) That Sanctuary keyset has left my wallet empty, with Uni coming up I will have to settle with a CM storm to house that Santuary set for now. Maybe even a WASD depending on the price without keycaps.

Current budget ~$100 lol

Your a Uni student, start tutoring buddy. I had upto 4 students a week at my peak, was making about $150ish

Thanks for your estimate Sherry, lets just let this run and hope its not too soon!

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 10:06:42 »
I was hoping that the kpad would be around 100USD :/ things are a little too expensive for me now, sorry D:

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:00:10 »
I can't keep track of all the custom boards in my head anymore. You can change the switches on a KMAC 2 without soldering, correct?
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:06:37 »
I can't keep track of all the custom boards in my head anymore. You can change the switches on a KMAC 2 without soldering, correct?
thats correct but I dont understand why people put all this emphasis on swapping switches personally

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:22:15 »
thats correct but I dont understand why people put all this emphasis on swapping switches personally

I still have several switches I want to try and I don't have a personal favorite so I still switch from time to time in my Poker.

edit: ty for the answer.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:28:17 »

I still have several switches I want to try and I don't have a personal favorite so I still switch from time to time in my Poker.

the reason i asked was most people before buying or building one of these have tried all the switches already and know what switch they prefer due to the cost of one of these> I guess this just means that these are becoming much more available and the craze.

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:31:33 »

the reason i asked was most people before buying or building one of these have tried all the switches already and know what switch they prefer due to the cost of one of these> I guess this just means that these are becoming much more available and the craze.

I still have green and white (milk) to go.

Offline takaki

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:33:17 »
So do we have to wait for the fancy form or indicate interest here ?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:34:03 »
So do we have to wait for the fancy form or indicate interest here ?
sherry said it would be up on his website I believe

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:55:10 »
I would love a titanium kmac 2 but im not sure ill be able to afford it after buying the lz-gh and ergodox and most likely an olivetti set from sherry :(  ski resort pay is not conducive to custom keyboard collecting

I guess we'll just have to see how crazy im willing to get with my FS thread!

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 12:08:03 »
I would love a titanium kmac 2 but im not sure ill be able to afford it after buying the lz-gh and ergodox and most likely an olivetti set from sherry :(  ski resort pay is not conducive to custom keyboard collecting

I guess we'll just have to see how crazy im willing to get with my FS thread!

Could be worse, you could of been a liftie at a resort in PA instead of CO. I barely made more money than McDonald employees, so brutal, lol.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
KMAC 2
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 12:21:13 »
Silver kpad and titanium kpad 2, damn the expense!

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 12:30:20 »
what is sherrys website?  Does anyone have a link?

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 12:31:36 »
what is sherrys website?  Does anyone have a link?

http://www.originativeco.com/

It's down atm....I think he was having an issue with USPS api.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline agor

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 16:19:58 »
How much will the KMAC2 weigh approximately?
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:51:12 »
How much will the KMAC2 weigh approximately?
Id tell you but I dont have one yet to weigh :(

Offline Leewei

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:01:58 »
is the difference between kmac2 and kmac just design? I mean pcb and functionality is the same right?
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:03:12 »
is the difference between kmac2 and kmac just design? I mean pcb and functionality is the same right?
im wondering if the PCb is the same my self I did ask earlier in the thread but never got an answer

Offline webs0r

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:28:16 »

Hey cool.

I'm new to this but I'd like to try out some MX clears on a new board.

So is the following all I need:
- Get KMAC 2
- Get a batch of MX clears (maybe from the DT gb) - I should get the plate mounted ones vs the PCB mounted ones?
- Get some stabilisers
- Get a keycap set

That's it? I should be able to assemble it without any soldering? (no need to get the equip and practice??)
Filco Ninja TKL Browns | Leopold FC700R Graphite Reds | Matias Quiet Pro | Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary Constant-55g | Vortex RACE Reds | CM Storm Quickfire Pro Blues | CODE keyboard Clears

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:29:50 »

Hey cool.

I'm new to this but I'd like to try out some MX clears on a new board.

So is the following all I need:
- Get KMAC 2
- Get a batch of MX clears (maybe from the DT gb) - I should get the plate mounted ones vs the PCB mounted ones?
- Get some stabilisers
- Get a keycap set

That's it? I should be able to assemble it without any soldering? (no need to get the equip and practice??)
yo uwill need to solder a bunch and SMD for the diodes I wouldnt take this on if you arnt semi experienced.

Offline webs0r

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:36:58 »
Oh  :(
Thanks for the advice though.
Filco Ninja TKL Browns | Leopold FC700R Graphite Reds | Matias Quiet Pro | Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary Constant-55g | Vortex RACE Reds | CM Storm Quickfire Pro Blues | CODE keyboard Clears

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 19:27:57 »
SMD was not a requirement for KMAC 1, I highly doubt it is for 2.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 19:29:29 »
SMD was not a requirement for KMAC 1, I highly doubt it is for 2.
...o yea, foorgot it would be SMD or through hole... ive always done SMD diodes for them

Offline csimi

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 06:54:10 »
No 1.25 mod version? The menu key is extremely useful and not having super keys is downright insane.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 08:24:58 »
I would be firm in for a KMAC 2 in titanium and KMAC 1.2 in silver.
| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: KMAC 2
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 08:29:38 »
No 1.25 mod version? The menu key is extremely useful and not having super keys is downright insane.
nope but why not remap right win as menu, these keyboards are 100% programmable...

Offline limmy

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 01:46:02 »
It looks like GB organizer of KMAC has started a new business and partnered with Sherryton. From what I read at KBDMania, the deal is exclusive that Sherryton is going to be only distributor of KMACs in the US.

I would think there would be plenty KMACs in the market.

Plenty supply of Cherry caps + custom keyboards is what I dreamed of. I am pretty happy how all turned out. I just hope the prices are not jacked up though.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 01:49:12 »
It looks like GB organizer of KMAC has started a new business and partnered with Sherryton. From what I read at KBDMania, the deal is exclusive that Sherryton is going to be only distributor of KMACs in the US.

Plenty supply of Cherry caps + custom keyboards is what I dreamed of. I am pretty happy how all turned out. I just hope the prices are not jacked up though.

I talked about the prices already.  Also, the KMAC will still be limited, very limited!

Offline limmy

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 01:53:46 »

I talked about the prices already.  Also, the KMAC will still be limited, very limited!

Really? Why start a business and only produce limited supply? I don't understand it very well.. If that is the way it is for now, it may makes more sense though.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 02:57:00 »

Really? Why start a business and only produce limited supply? I don't understand it very well.. If that is the way it is for now, it may makes more sense though.

The orders would be messy if we produced too much of it.  Like Prof mentioned earlier.  Do it real quick, so people get what they want in their hands faster.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 03:00:35 »

I think that going by the last LZ-GH GB, the buy barely got to #50. You might say that there would be more interest but I wouldnt say it could go past 100 without many of the more prominent members here ordering 2 or more.
With this KMAC buy, especially following closely to the LZ, its really going to get some members to reach deep in their pockets so the limited number of these would matter

I think with the pricing point of almost 400 for the kit, and possibly 500+ TYD, that limits the amount of buyers so putting out only 50 makes good sense. So for Sherry, he'll sell all his kits and not have any remaining then move onto the next project.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 11:17:30 »
So when do you know the final pricing and if we able to buy ?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
KMAC 2
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 11:20:04 »

Approximate price for 2 is $400 and 1.2 is $320. I believe that's just pcb/plate/case. Still need parts(switches etc), build it, and final shipping.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 11:23:12 »

Approximate price for 2 is $400 and 1.2 is $320. I believe that's just pcb/plate/case. Still need parts(switches etc), build it, and final shipping.

Okay ... I would be in for this price !

Offline llovro

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 14:48:34 »
Sorry for my dumbness but whats the difference between 1.2 and 2 kmac. Also kmac 1.2 assembled+international would be 450$ I assume?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
KMAC 2
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 14:54:10 »
Sorry for my dumbness but whats the difference between 1.2 and 2 kmac. Also kmac 1.2 assembled+international would be 450$ I assume?

Not 100%, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I think 1.2 is more of a flat case, then add feet to get it angled. But 2 case itself is on an angle already. Oh and 2 comes with winkey blockers.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 14:55:03 »
1.2 is improvements to the original KMAC.  2 has a new case design on top of those improvements.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 15:04:14 »
The only big improvement that I've heard of in the 1.2 is the improved 'hard'  anodizing.

Offline llovro

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 16:10:25 »
Thanks for quick response!
If I'm going to buy kmac 1.2, everyone will think I'm crazy for spending so much on a keyboard... I would be bullied so ****ing hard :S

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 16:32:55 »
Would the 1.2 have an option for a winkeyless case?
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 16:48:20 »
If I'm going to buy kmac 1.2, everyone will think I'm crazy for spending so much on a keyboard... I would be bullied so ****ing hard :S

Programmer-types who sit at a keyboard all day would shut right up once they tried it.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 16:53:38 »

Programmer-types who sit at a keyboard all day would shut right up once they tried it.

I don't know if I can agree with you there.  There are programmers at my work that have tried my Filco, and although they like it couldn't see themselves spending that much on a keyboard.  And this is for a Filco.  These guys have more money than I do, so that isn't an issue.  People just place value on different things.

that being said:
I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GETTING ONE, KMAC 2 TITANIUM.

I was actually hoping the LZ-GH would have been that color of grey