Author Topic: TADA68 troubleshooting  (Read 2348 times)

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
TADA68 troubleshooting
« on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 22:46:02 »
Hi all!
I'm having problems with my tada68. I've looked around GH and reddit for help but I can't figure out what's wrong and what to do.

My current problem is that I can plug in my keyboard into my PC and it'll recognize it but won't let me type anything.
My personal inkling is that there's something wrong with the BIN file because when I press the flashing button, it still starts blinking.

I would normally just reflash a new BIN file but the thing is now my computer won't recognize it and says that it's an "unknown USB device".
From here I'm not sure what to do. If anyone has any advice, please let me know!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: TADA68 troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 23:07:57 »
Hi all!
I'm having problems with my tada68. I've looked around GH and reddit for help but I can't figure out what's wrong and what to do.

My current problem is that I can plug in my keyboard into my PC and it'll recognize it but won't let me type anything.
My personal inkling is that there's something wrong with the BIN file because when I press the flashing button, it still starts blinking.

I would normally just reflash a new BIN file but the thing is now my computer won't recognize it and says that it's an "unknown USB device".
From here I'm not sure what to do. If anyone has any advice, please let me know!
I had a similar problem with a saber60. It would recognize the keyboard as a USB device, but the board wouldn't provide any key codes when typing. I had to re-flash it using the usual instructions (ie copying over a new BIN file) and then change the USB DRIVERS for the keyboard until I found one that worked. Once the drivers were fixed, the keyboard would work as intended, but I could no longer go into boot loader mode to change the BIN file. So I have to switch between drivers to switch between being able to use the keyboard and being able to modify the programming. Good luck!

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
Re: TADA68 troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 08:20:34 »
Hi all!

I had a similar problem with a saber60. It would recognize the keyboard as a USB device, but the board wouldn't provide any key codes when typing. I had to re-flash it using the usual instructions (ie copying over a new BIN file) and then change the USB DRIVERS for the keyboard until I found one that worked. Once the drivers were fixed, the keyboard would work as intended, but I could no longer go into boot loader mode to change the BIN file. So I have to switch between drivers to switch between being able to use the keyboard and being able to modify the programming. Good luck!

Huh. My problem was like it won't even recognize it even as a storage device so I can't even drag a BIN file over. Switching the drivers sounds promising though. Do you know where I could get them?