Author Topic: (Noob question) What is the point of a foot pedal outside of racing sims?  (Read 10114 times)

Offline Fungler

Wondering what use I could make of my pedal set if any, and if there is any point in purchasing a new pedal.

Offline nevin

Re: (Noob question) What is the point of a foot pedal outside of racing sims?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 07:57:26 »
they are used a lot with people that have disabilities as mice buttons but i'm sure you could come up with some creative way to use them.
one keyboard builder/streamer i know of uses something similar to switch between multiple cameras for different views during stream.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline iaji

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 08:36:18 »
you can consider it as another (or some other) key addition. and if your current keyboard supports it (e.g. has some unused key in the matrix or unused pins), you can program it. the possibilities are endless.

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 22:46:54 »
Wondering what use I could make of my pedal set if any, and if there is any point in purchasing a new pedal.

Are your pedals of the digital (on-off) or linear (e.g. can simulate variable functions such as a gas pedal) variety?