Author Topic: Hello World!  (Read 824 times)

Offline crash

Hello World!
« on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 04:20:27 »
Hello there,

I'm new to the mechanical keyboard club. I just ordered a Poker2 (MX Blue) and keycaps from Massdrop. I think I should be getting it here soon(mid June?). Before that, I've typed/gamed on the same rubber dome Saitek Eclipse for the past 6+ years... (unfortunately typing on it now as well)

I figured out apparently I'm odd and I use the right shift almost exclusively, except sometimes with the letter "I" and maybe some others that I haven't noticed yet...

I'm in love with the projects here and all the work you guys put into them. I'm interested in eventually DIY'ing together my own GH60 or the maybe one of the 40% boards I'm seeing floating around.

Looking to learn more about keyboards, circuitry, electronics, and programming in general.

Hi,
Crash

Offline EvilHMB

Re: Hello World!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 06:46:20 »
welcome welcome, one of my Keyboards in the mail too haha. Honestly i think home row keys aren't necessarily ideal. I'm learning to type in other languages (for ****s no practical value) and i'm trying to stray away from the home row keys. I'm pretty sure this happens to a lot of people but I feel that many people who play shooters or use the wasd keys end up leaving their fingers on shift a s d instead of asdf. (I personally use right shift for greater than less than signs.

DasKeyboard4Professional   KBTalking Pro              HHKB Professional
( Blue Switches)                  ( Red Switches)

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
Re: Hello World!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 06:47:29 »
Hope you enjoy the mechanical world :)