Author Topic: Hi from SoCal  (Read 1367 times)

Offline maddingo

Hi from SoCal
« on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 03:33:13 »
Hello,

several year mechanical keyboard user here:

I have had several mechanical keyboards for awhile now..

WASD V1 (MX BROWN) /w dampers and white pbt keycaps now
Rosewill RK-9000RE (MX Red) w/ dampers)
Cherry G81-1800HAU (doubleshot keycaps) ..this one got at a thrift store it wasn't working reseated cables works now)

and I just got a Filco Majestouch2 TKL (MX RED) w/ dampers ... been trying the Filco out since tues ..quite pleased so far.

waiting on some pbt double shot key caps for it.

so anyways ... hello and all.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Hi from SoCal
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 16:45:46 »
What part of socal?

The good part? LA? Or the lame part? OC/SD?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 17:16:41 »
Welcome to GeekHack!
Hope to see you expand your keycap collection

and as Demik asked, the good part?

Offline maddingo

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 20:41:58 »
thanx for the welcome.

lol.. good part I guess... we are a bit north of LA in T.O. ..

I probably will be getting some more key caps shortly... I'm thinking about getting a model M but I'm not sure how well those things work with modern gaming?

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 21:30:35 »
What part of socal?

I guess if you use the recent homeless numbers as a metric (45,000), LA has its southern neighbors beat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 21:57:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice selection of keyboards, and a nice workstation you have :)

Btw there is a thread where you can post your desk, and another where you can post your audio gear.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 00:18:22 »
What part of socal?

I guess if you use the recent homeless numbers as a metric (45,000), LA has its southern neighbors beat.

It doesn't help the OC likes to dump their homeless on skid row.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 00:22:37 »
It doesn't help the OC likes to dump their homeless on skid row.

It's the Southern California tradition.  Dump the homeless everywhere but your own county.  It's even better with the hospitals.  This homeless person is better, *wink* *wink*, they really want to live in L.A. don't they, *wink* *wink*.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 00:38:35 »
Yup. Hospitals are good at that.

Offline maddingo

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 01:33:30 »
lol.... I don't know about the whole homeless thing.. there are actually a fair number here in T.O. I mean not like LA or something but some for sure...and in Ventura ..there are a lot.

before coming to T.O. (job change) my wife and I had been living in SD area (20~miles north on the coast..Encinitas ) it is very nice... honestly I'd rather move back there if i could but not viable atm...

My wife is convinced at this point I have ENOUGH keyboards.... lol.. oh well I will hide them from her??? when I doubtless get more... I would like to get a couple more i can think of a KUL 87 with clears and one of the topre clones (or maybe even an actual Topre???) ... i will have to tread sort of lightly having just got the Filco however for a little bit at least.