Author Topic: Bonsoir! new member!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline orpheo

Bonsoir! new member!
« on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 16:57:04 »
Hello, I am a watching this nice forum for some time now, always admiring beautiful KB and searching for informations.
Always love when forum can be such a share of knowledge and good jokes.

I just got a realforce and am thrilled. Wish to grow my knowledge about KB and stuff!

regards

Offline orpheo

Re: Bonsoir! new member!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 17:05:56 »
And to say that I am desperate to find keycaps in PBT dye sub in french ISO layout!
I already ordered the Vortex with the sqared font because they are PBT and thick, but would love some nice custom keycaps like the Royal Navy and Chocolatiers keycaps to put on my Novatouch!

My friend who introduced me into MK told me I should design one and start a GB!

Why isn't there more ISO GB!?

BTW the realforce 105UB is wonderfull, and I Wonder how do you know if the spacebar is ABS or PBT. Mine looks just like PBT I don't understand!
FYI the french ISO 105UB come only in gold font PBT from UK Keyboardco.

Cheers!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 06:04:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There are less members using ISO layouts, and even more separation between all the ISO variants.

French ISO is quite popular, although there was another layout that the French government was promoting, if I remember correctly (which might not be the case).  BÉPO perhaps?

German ISO is also quite popular, especially with Cherry being German-made.

Things have improved considerably over the past few years though, at least ISO is considered for most group buys.

The best thing you can do if you find a group buy you would like to join is make your voice heard and vote for French ISO add-on!  Also see if you can encourage a few other French members to do likewise - even if they commit to buying just the ISO add-on, it might push numbers up enough for it to be included in the set.

I've heard that some ISO RealForce keyboards actually have a PBT space bar, which is great!  Maybe use it for a while and see if the space bar starts to get shiny.  If so, it is ABS.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 06:27:35 »
Bienvenuuue !  ;D