Author Topic: 【GB】F62-PE (three kits available still. Can be shipped immediately)  (Read 63344 times)

Offline f5runner

Hi all,

Listed here is the GB ordering for F62-PE, a keyboard case/PCB/plate kit (no type-c cable included) kit that will start production in a week. I have paid the down payments for 20 keyboards, and targeted to ship by end of August. For most detail about the keyboard please refer to the last group buy link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96650.msg2640362#msg2640362.

So far 13 spots is gone. Please make sure you fill out the whole address. I got response that only has street address, and that is problematic.

The most detailed look of the case is here: https://tysh310246.blogspot.com/2018/12/f62-pe.html which is in Chinese, but those are easy words for Google Translate.

GB period opens NOW until the 20th of August, or when the 20 spots are filled.

Key differences between this and the last GB are:
- There is only one plate option: a standard ISO/ANSI compatible aluminium plate due to the small order
- There is no silver and titanium versions. Only black and white
- Only the R2 of the board is on offer - meaning it has type-c daughter board in the middle.

Price:
390 USD
$30 of shipping and handling (this includes a box, packing and Stripe fee)
Extra PCB will cost $15 ea. Past GB owners of F62-PE can also purchase only the PCB. Please make sure yours is an R2 board as this won't work with R1 F62.
Various shipping fees according to SF Express

Previously listed IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100223.0

Rules:

1. All pre GB buys can only buy one set of kit
2. Each form response can send up to two colour options. e.g. (black, white). So if black is sold out, you will get an invoice for a white one.
3. Cerakote is gonna be in a special arrangement. First, it will be shipped to Hong Kong in raw aluminium, then it will be cerakoated. If it's a colour that the shop has on hand, it can be done within a week. If not, shipping of the cerakote material will take two weeks. Estimation of the cost is $200, but final cost will depend on the quote from the applier. You will get the first invoice for the keyboard to be shipped to HK, and then a second invoice before the cerakoting process starts.
4. Invoice will be issued as soon as the 20 spots are filled, and invoice not paid within a week will be nulled. Those on the 21st spots down will be sent an invoice if their preference match what's in stock
5. One keyboards of each type, a black and white, is reserved for return and exchange. Once everyone checks out what they got is what they ordered, those two will be sold as A or B stock, depending if there are returns.
6. Please note that the price will be $390 for the kit, which includes the case, an ANSI/ISO compatible plate, a DC60 PCB, hardware, and a break out USB board. Please note that cable is not included. You will need to pay $30 for handling and processing, plus shipping which would be included in the invoice according to the address you input. It will be the exact same price as what's listed on SF Express.
7. Should you want to order extra PCBs, they will cost $25 ea.

And finally, here's the link: https://forms.gle/1W57YtUM3m9CmbB18

FAQ according to IC

1. Would it be possible to have an HHKB/7U spacebar/split backspace layout?
No. It will only have one plate and PCB option as listed above.

2. What are the PCB options?
The kit will be equipped with a PCB same as the DC60, with a break out type-c USB board that you would have to solder onto the through-hole of the main PCB.

3. Will there be an R1 universal PCB option?
No, due to the small production number, I can't bargain with the CNC manufacturer. However, if you are VERY skilled with soldering, you can technically solder the break out board to any other PCB with standard Poker screw points. I would not recommend it and cannot guarantee that there are enough space in the case to cater to the cable.

4. What shipping courier will you be using?
All shipments will be delivered through SF Express. If your country is not on the shipping calculator page, please DM me and we can work it out.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2020, 01:35:24 by f5runner »

Offline f5runner

Re: 【GB】F62-PE - IBM Model F inspired keyboard kit
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 01:23:05 »
Please approve. Thanks.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 12:47:12 »
approval bump

Offline gaustin

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 15:19:08 »
This is actually one of the keyboards I’ve been interested in for a while. I just signed up for a black or white variant. Hope they’re still available!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 21:24:28 »
They are. Thanks for the support

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 08:33:05 »
Really wish I could join this but with 2 other recent GBs no money to spend... Good luck for the GB!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline f5runner

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 10:15:03 »
Yup. Thanks for the support. If I dun sell them all my wife will kill me lol

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 12:29:53 »
Yup. Thanks for the support. If I dun sell them all my wife will kill me lol

Very attractive board, with only 20 of them on tap I doubt you'll have an issue getting rid of them! If I had the extra cash I'd be keen on joining, but I'm tapped out on my KB funds for awhile right now unfortunately. Anyways GLWS!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 08:07:43 »
That's fine. Thanks for the support

Offline f5runner

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 08:15:12 »
Bump

Offline gaustin

Re: 【GB】F62-PE - IBM Model F inspired keyboard kit (accepting order)
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:11:09 »
How are the numbers looking so far f5runner? Did you get to 20?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 04:46:09 »
Well, my goal is to have 17 to get on board. One for me and two (one of each colors) for backup. Those 17 spots are filled, but I think some people may back out once I tell them about the shipping cost. For those where the shipping cost is more than 50 dollars I will try contacting them for using surface mail instead, which in some cases can be half the cost of using SF express, but can take up to four months. I will tally up those numbers and make changes. A Google sheet for invoice status will be created and the link will be posted here and the IC thread. Once everyone is fine with their keyboard, I will sell the two spots, one black and one white, as A stock or B stock. Thanks.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 12:21:41 »
Hi all,

I have some updates for you. I tallied up all the shipping locations and got a quote from SF Express. If the price is too expensive for you, a surface (read: snail speed) shipping is available, which would take about 4 months with tracking. Prices are listed below in USD:

1. America: 66
2. Australia: 74
3. Germany: 69
4. Singapore: 27
5. Korea: 27

For those who want just the PCB, the prices will be lower and will appear on your invoices. If you have questions or want a quote for surface mail instead, comment here or shoot a mail to me at ffive.work@gmail.com.

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 20:26:29 »
may i ask, i see that the form is still open? but its supposed to be open to 20th of august only?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 23:16:44 »
Yes, but there is still a spot if you want. Just fill it out. And if invoices fell through, you will be on the wait list.

Offline f5runner

Re: 【GB】F62-PE - IBM Model F inspired keyboard kit (Invoices sent)
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:29:45 »
Invoices sent. Please see the G Sheet for your ordering status (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_C8-xEV38BLFp23vNrx4Dm0cPc1JCqwFQTujxBbzh8/edit?usp=sharing). If you would like to order still, you will be wait-listed until one of the invoices are not paid before 2 September. Thanks.

Offline neon_tom

Re: 【GB】F62-PE (Invoices sent, still accepting waitlist orders)
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 07:12:15 »
Invoices sent. Please see the G Sheet for your ordering status (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_C8-xEV38BLFp23vNrx4Dm0cPc1JCqwFQTujxBbzh8/edit?usp=sharing). If you would like to order still, you will be wait-listed until one of the invoices are not paid before 2 September. Thanks.

You should really censor the email addresses

Offline fer.real

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 07:30:39 »

The invoice sent says it is due Sep 24, 2019.  Will my spot be given away if the invoice isn't paid by the 2nd?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 08:04:28 »

The invoice sent says it is due Sep 24, 2019.  Will my spot be given away if the invoice isn't paid by the 2nd?
Yes. I suppose I didn't set the invoice expiration correctly...

Offline f5runner

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 08:06:16 »

I could do that. Gimme a sec

Offline yaya

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 08:50:05 »
I ordered black, order shows black.  Invoice shows white...  can you confirm please?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 01:07:35 »
Hi all, I have updated the order status Excel. If you haven't seen your email on your sheet or haven't seen your paid status updated, please let me know. Thanks.

Offline fer.real

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 09:54:55 »
Bump.  Last day to pay your invoice.  Let's go!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 12:24:54 »
Yup. If not all the invoices are paid, I will just ship the rest of it to Hong Kong and sell it as retail. There will be a small fee for transferring to HK, which would cost about 15 dollars.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 20:55:22 »
The targeted ship date was end of August. Since we are still collecting payments now, do you have a new estimate ship date?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 21:47:05 »
The targeted ship date was end of August. Since we are still collecting payments now, do you have a new estimate ship date?
I can't speak for OP, but I believe this is being manufactured immediately after G60 has finished (a diff GB that I joined).
G60 is running behind schedule but should be done with CNC work by late September.
It would be a guess, but I'd say you're probably looking at around mid October to finish CNC work then you have ano + packaging + shipping

Offline f5runner

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 00:37:03 »
Last I heard was that the bottom case was done and the upper case is being machined now. I will let you guys know if there are updates

Offline f5runner

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 21:42:50 »
Hi all, I got some updates for you. For those who paid, the keeb is still underway. I got a screen cap chat proof that the delay is caused by the curved drill bit got issues and was late for a month from the vendor so far. The woes of dealing with bad vendors...

Well, I am a man of my words. If you think the delay is not something you can deal with, shoot me a DM or email and I will take the 3.4% stripe fee for a refund. Otherwise, I will keep you guys posted. I apologise for not bringing better news :sosad:

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:17:11 »
Hi all, I got some updates for you. For those who paid, the keeb is still underway. I got a screen cap chat proof that the delay is caused by the curved drill bit got issues and was late for a month from the vendor so far. The woes of dealing with bad vendors...

Well, I am a man of my words. If you think the delay is not something you can deal with, shoot me a DM or email and I will take the 3.4% stripe fee for a refund. Otherwise, I will keep you guys posted. I apologise for not bringing better news :sosad:

No worries! Risks like this were kinda expected given Alf's repuration and they are the only manufacturer for this board.

No refund needed from me and please keep the updates consistent!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:23:07 »

No worries! Risks like this were kinda expected given Alf's repuration and they are the only manufacturer for this board.

You bet. Again, I organized this GB because I want one. As eager about it as you guys are. Not spending a dime until it's all shipped.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:33:55 »

100% agree with this. You’ve been doing a good job so far with transparent communication and as long as that continues, I’m ok to wait.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:36:59 »
I actually got some vids of the CNC running for the bottom case. It's like two seconds but it's something #AForTryingToMakePeace. Comment if you wanna see it

Offline yaya

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 22:12:02 »
Why not, let's see it!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 22:44:58 »
Just keep us updated. As long as they update you and you update us, I’m cool with waiting

Offline f5runner

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

Offline f5runner

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 18:09:01 »
Good news guys, the CNC process is done and sand blasting is underway. After that it will be anodizing, packing then shipping. Also, I ordered some extra PCBs for those who ordered it. After the first batch of shipment is completed, I will not accept any more orders for extra PCBs unless if there is an MOQ of 15.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 19:16:57 »
Great news  :thumb:

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 20:20:37 »
Good news guys, the CNC process is done and sand blasting is underway. After that it will be anodizing, packing then shipping. Also, I ordered some extra PCBs for those who ordered it. After the first batch of shipment is completed, I will not accept any more orders for extra PCBs unless if there is an MOQ of 15.

That was fast good stuff!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 21:44:03 »
So far only 8 people paid for their F62-PE. If no one snatch those up, I will ship it all to Hong Kong and sell it as retail, but there would be a $20 increase in price due to shipping from China to Hong Kong, on top of the shipping cost from Hong Kong to wherever you are. Thanks.

Offline dwaalspoor98

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 02:51:34 »
So far only 8 people paid for their F62-PE. If no one snatch those up

I just filled the form, would like to have a black case with one additional PCB if possible (Just to be sure since this will me my first build).

Thanks for organizing this, I think this is the most beautiful keyboard case I have ever seen  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 September 2019, 03:27:59 by dwaalspoor98 »

Offline f5runner

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 09:20:34 »
Hi all. Got some news. Shipping is targeted to start after the Chinese Independence week. We (yes, we, I want one as well lol) should be expecting this in the second week in Oct. If anyone still want one, comment below or shoot me an email to ffive.work@gmail.com. Thanks.

Offline themillerdave

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 18:33:49 »
Hi all. Got some news. Shipping is targeted to start after the Chinese Independence week. We (yes, we, I want one as well lol) should be expecting this in the second week in Oct. If anyone still want one, comment below or shoot me an email to ffive.work@gmail.com. Thanks.

Sign me up for one if there are extras!  I just filled out the order form, just in case.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 18:57:34 »
Oh yes. Gimme a sec I'll jot up an invoice

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:27:24 »
What's the timeline for cerakote boards?  Are they shipping raw aluminum cases to Hong Kong at the same time the anodized boards go?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:28:14 »
Yes, unfortunately. I will get you a quote as soon as they arrive

Offline f5runner

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 03:21:30 »
Hi all. The packaging materials arrived at the CNC facility. Packing will commence during the first week of Oct. If you still want one, let me know asap.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d8dc685d5f2a/20190927_162027_8880.mp4

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 08:46:02 »
any updates?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 09:15:26 »
Hey, yes. CNC is done. There is a hold up with the PCB manufacturer. The cerakote keyboard will be shipped out Saturday and I will get a quote on it.

The rest of it will have to wait for the PCB. The manufacturer is not very cooperative, and I am willing to put in may own money to finish the PCB with another manufacturer if it needs be. If that's the case the demo phase and production will take 2-3 weeks from the guy I know and trust. Guy hand solder and hand check every board.

Alf promised me to get updates from the current manufacturer by this Sunday, and we will know more about it then.

Again, if any of you want a refund, let me know and I will process it the same day.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 09:22:14 »
Hey, yes. CNC is done. There is a hold up with the PCB manufacturer. The cerakote keyboard will be shipped out Saturday and I will get a quote on it.

The rest of it will have to wait for the PCB. The manufacturer is not very cooperative, and I am willing to put in may own money to finish the PCB with another manufacturer if it needs be. If that's the case the demo phase and production will take 2-3 weeks from the guy I know and trust. Guy hand solder and hand check every board.

Alf promised me to get updates from the current manufacturer by this Sunday, and we will know more about it then.

Again, if any of you want a refund, let me know and I will process it the same day.

Sounds good.  Keep us in the loop.  I kinda want you to just go with the guy you trust for the PCBs   Ghosting from the manufacturer stinks

Offline geistmate

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 16:47:40 »
Any way I can still get in on this?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 18:02:44 »
Yes. Just fill the form, pay the invoice, done.

Offline geistmate

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 02:22:54 »
Cool. When is estimated ship date?

Best,
Matthew

Offline f5runner

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 03:32:19 »
CNC is completed. The hold up is PCB. Once that's done board can be shipped. I will make another inquiry about it this Sunday, and if no words come back about it I will go get another manufacturer and that would take three weeks, so ship date should be in November at the latest

Offline f5runner

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 21:23:52 »
Got some news from the PCB manufacturer. Guy said it will be shipped out this week. One last chance and I will pull my order from them, throwing the 50% I have sinked in already. As for the Cerakote case, shipping should begin today. I will update asap when I actually get a shipping code from them.

Also, I gotta throw a curve ball at you guys...I was told that for those who ordered extra PCBs, you guys will only get one daughter board. Since it has a socket on it, shouldn't be a huge issue, structure wise. I can't do much about ordering new daughter boards so if you guys want it I can refund $5 for each PCB ordered for those who paid for extra boards. Thanks.

Offline ExcitingWriting

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:33:05 »
Sent a form submission today. Would love to join

Offline f5runner

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:01:50 »
Invoice sent. Please check.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 12:51:00 »
Got some news from the PCB manufacturer. Guy said it will be shipped out this week. One last chance and I will pull my order from them, throwing the 50% I have sinked in already. As for the Cerakote case, shipping should begin today. I will update asap when I actually get a shipping code from them.

Also, I gotta throw a curve ball at you guys...I was told that for those who ordered extra PCBs, you guys will only get one daughter board. Since it has a socket on it, shouldn't be a huge issue, structure wise. I can't do much about ordering new daughter boards so if you guys want it I can refund $5 for each PCB ordered for those who paid for extra boards. Thanks.

Thanks for the update.  Let's hope the daughter board isn't the weakest component :)  Surely not.

Offline fer.real

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 14:05:53 »
In the last round there were two daughter boards.  One board had the USB port and a second one had a few RGB LEDs.  Are both those boards included?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 17:35:43 »
The extra boards only include the main board. Daughter boards are not included.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 06:10:09 »
Got the SF Express number. The non coated raw case is coming to Hong Kong for cerakote. Guy came through and said the PCB should be on its way to the factory for packing. I will update you guys once packing actually starts.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 09:39:53 »
Got the SF Express number. The non coated raw case is coming to Hong Kong for cerakote. Guy came through and said the PCB should be on its way to the factory for packing. I will update you guys once packing actually starts.

I'm not even in this GB but been keeping an eye on it cos f62-pe one of my faves and just gotta say the communication and updates have been better than any GB I've joined previously

Offline f5runner

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 08:41:22 »
Got the raw case in hand for cerakote quote next Monday. Let's go!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:17:52 »
Got the raw case in hand for cerakote quote next Monday. Let's go!

Oooh, me likey.  Now for the cerakote!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 21:34:19 »
@here, please note that the shipment should be out by this weekend, as attached by the screen cap below. Thanks. If you want one, now is the time.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:19:27 »
Do you have any pictures of the white case yet?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:37:39 »
Not yet. I can ask for one

Offline f5runner

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 13:01:20 »
Just when you thought everything is peachy, this happened. Story is the PCB guy did a fit demo for the breakout board, got it wrong, made a second version, which is correct. Green board is the correct version. Black one is the production outcome and got it wrong again. I want you guys to know I put in hard earned money, thousands of it, just to get one since I want it myself. I am pressing him everyday for the pass two weeks. Annnnnnnd...I am speechless. All I can say is I will keep pressing him daily until it's fulfilled. I am annoyed, frustrated and slightly triggered...at 2 in the morning. main board is fine though. Thanks for you guys' patience.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5dbc716585378/20191102_015353_1278.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5dbc715a5bf5a/20191102_015308_9109.mp4

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 15:18:23 »
That's unfortunate. Is he willing to re-do the PCB? If so, you can just keep us updated.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 18:07:22 »
Yes he will redo it. Will let you guys know when I get any news

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 19:25:17 »
Thanks for letting us know.  Hopefully it will get sorted out without wasting too much more of your time and money.  I appreciate you working diligently to make it happen.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 19:26:17 »
Hey, we are in this together. I'm still bummed but we'll get there.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 09:12:59 »
any updates?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 09:28:10 »
Yes. The little board is still on hold. Deadline is next Monday before we seek out a new manufacturer for the small board.

Cerakoted board will be delivered next week.

Zilents V2 arrived at the installer's place. Main PCB will be sent out for soldering.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 09:51:27 »
Yes. The little board is still on hold. Deadline is next Monday before we seek out a new manufacturer for the small board.

Cerakoted board will be delivered next week.

Zilents V2 arrived at the installer's place. Main PCB will be sent out for soldering.

thanks for the update.  Trying to decide on keycaps, but that's one of my favorite parts.  A fun thing to worry over!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 01:15:00 »
And here we go, one cerakoted keyboard case in mil-spec green!

230051-0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 01:43:12 »

(Attachment Link)

woop woop!  Looks great.   :thumb:

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 01:54:30 »

(Attachment Link)
Very nice!

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 21:53:10 »
do you have a pic of the white case?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 22:30:35 »
Bad news is I don't. Good news is that the daughter board is IN. Pack and ship will commence ASAP. Will update you guys with shipping number later

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 23:14:18 »
Bad news is I don't. Good news is that the daughter board is IN. Pack and ship will commence ASAP. Will update you guys with shipping number later

Thanks for the update. I don’t recall what shipping service we paid for.  How long should we expect packages to the US to take once sent out?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 23:28:39 »
Should be within two weeks, since it's airmail

Offline f5runner

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 09:31:29 »
Hi all, I got my batch of kit, and boy am I lucky to have done so. The ribbon cable on the top left hand corner to the led daughter board is slightly shorter than it needs be...say 3mm. The plastic light piece is not installed out of the factory. Some hammering is needed. Trying to ask Alf if they can install it before sending out to you guys. Also, the fit of the top and bottom case is quite snug. Some force is needed to pry them open.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 09:33:39 »
I will update you guys as soon as the new ribbon cable is in. Shouldn't be a long time. I still have 8 black and two white kits to sell. Hit me up at five.work@gmail.com and we I can send you an invoice. At this point, no extra PCB will be sold. Thanks.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 06:50:39 »
Also, the fit of the top and bottom case is quite snug. Some force is needed to pry them open.

Can you elaborate on this? How snug are we talking? Is there potential for damage to the case finish when it’s opened?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 06:54:39 »
Nope. That's not the case. Just that you will need to use your nails to pry a bit.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 08:41:07 »
Nope. That's not the case. Just that you will need to use your nails to pry a bit.

Ah that doesn’t sound too bad then. Thanks!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 11:28:31 »
Any updoots?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 18:17:32 »
Yes. Guy said the ribbon cable will be sent out today. Second time I am grateful that I got the goods for checking before you guys, is that half of the bottom case has issues with the bottom mounting screw holes are too short or not even threaded. Honestly I have no words for it. I will have to lug 6 packs of heavy aluminum back to China for fixing...sigh.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 18:44:29 »
Yuck.  I don’t mind paying a little extra if it starts to cost you prohibitively.  Hopefully this is all covered by the manufacturer, but I’m sure you have a lot of extra money you are fronting for things like travel.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 20:19:49 »
Nah, I am not too concerned about travel. I am more concerned about time, which I don't really have. Oh well...

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 18:14:53 »
I just emailed you about my order. Let me know if you received it.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 08:05:06 »
Hi all, in light of the kit being pushed back for months, I have a proposal. I can send out all the kits, and send you guys the break out cable later for the LED board. The cable will be sent to you for free once that's available. If you'd want that, please send me your email address as you put in your order, and DM me right here. Thanks. I will do my best to send everything out so that you guys can have it over Christmas.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 08:05:38 »
And if you want a refund, please send me a DM as well

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 08:48:47 »
Are you saying that it will be two months until the led ribbon cable is finished now?  I’m fine with waiting until everything is finished and working.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 08:49:54 »
Nah, not two months. I am thinking about a week or two since new cable are supposed to be ordered.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 09:06:06 »
Nah, not two months. I am thinking about a week or two since new cable are supposed to be ordered.

Okie dokie.  Just making sure I didn't miss an update somewhere.  I'm excited to get my board, as you can probably tell  :p

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 19:44:36 »
Anything new to report?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 21:23:33 »
Yes. Shipping commenced this week, and I will fill up the form when I have the waybill codes. As for the cerakoted board, I will send it out next week. Thanks.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 22:32:04 »
Happy holidays.  Thanks for the update

Offline fer.real

« Reply #100 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 04:46:02 »
Yes. Shipping commenced this week, and I will fill up the form when I have the waybill codes. As for the cerakoted board, I will send it out next week. Thanks.

Any updates on shipping?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 11:03:50 »
Happy Friday.  Have any cases shipped yet? 

Offline f5runner

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 22:23:51 »
Yup. Fer.real got his already, and the cerakote keyboard is out as well. The others I will have to check with the factory since Alf went AFK to me for two days, and it's not because of the holiday season...sigh.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 14:08:53 »
Sent you an email. 

Offline yaya

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 10:59:56 »
Updates?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 11:04:23 »
Yup. Shipments stuck in outbound customs in China. I'll talk to the Alf about if he can recall those shipments since it's been dragging on and with the Wuhan Pneumonia...I am not positive when it will be with you guys. For the black keyboards, I can ship it out as soon as so can confirm the shipments can be recalled. White ones had issues with the screw holes which had been fixed. I'll update you guys when Chinese New Year is over. Thanks.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 11:04:32 »
Yup. Shipments stuck in outbound customs in China. I'll talk to the Alf about if he can recall those shipments since it's been dragging on and with the Wuhan Pneumonia...I am not positive when it will be with you guys. For the black keyboards, I can ship it out as soon as so can confirm the shipments can be recalled. White ones had issues with the screw holes which had been fixed. I'll update you guys when Chinese New Year is over. Thanks.

Offline yaya

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 22:55:24 »
Any updates?  COVID-19 delays?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 22:18:41 »
Yes. The factory told me that they will ship everything to me today since the logistics is resumed in China. Given their tardiness in the past I won't get my hopes up until I see a shipping number. I will update you guys when I get news.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 00:37:02 »
Appreciate you keeping active in this thread.  It's really nice to see group buy runners who are good at communicating.  Thanks.  By the way, here's my cerakote green boi:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FRwBaHCdp/

Offline f5runner

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 23:12:23 »
Hi all, the kits are sent out. Please note that USA and Australia has stopped air parcels, so boat it is. Expect 2-3 months delivery. Singapore is on lock down, ETA unknown. Netherlands is air parcel. ETA one month since flights are cut down.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 23:14:43 »
Hi all, the kits are sent out. Please note that USA and Australia has stopped air parcels, so boat it is. Expect 2-3 months delivery. Singapore is on lock down, ETA unknown. Netherlands is air parcel. ETA one month since flights are cut down.

So all kits have sold and shipped?
I didn't join this GB but only because I recently joined 2 others. Congratulations on a successful run. I was keeping tabs on this and the communication was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 07:55:27 »

Will there be tracking numbers available? Also, I’m in Canada, which you didn’t list - any estimate on shipping time here?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 08:01:21 »
Oh right, forgot about you. Same with America

Offline dwaalspoor98

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 03:49:07 »
@f5runner First I want to thank you so much for running this group buy and your commitment, I am from the Netherlands so it seems I got lucky with air shipping :)

just to be sure, is it correct that the Excel sheet has not been updated with shipping state? And would it be possible to send the track and trace code for my shipment?

I will update here as soon as I received the Keyboard.

Offline gaustin

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 16:45:08 »
Whoa, mine just showed up to my door in a comically large box. (US, California)

Weekend project! Thanks f5runner!

Offline dwaalspoor98

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 11:44:49 »

Congrats  :) !! Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Would you mind to share which keycaps/switches you will use? (Just curious)

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 12:31:35 »

That’s super exciting to hear they’re starting to arrive. Looking forward to mine getting here so I can build it!

Offline yaya

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 18:17:34 »
Got mine in middle America today. Large box with a smaller box inside, no padding... Case looks okay, but plate took a little beating. Should be able to flatten it out though. Thanks

Offline EyalRo

• Smol Dino
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 18:48:05 »
Order form is still active! I wonder what if...?  :))

Offline dwaalspoor98

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 11:39:52 »
Mine arrived today in the Netherlands, this thing is a piece of art  :cool:

Now I need some time to build it  :rolleyes:

@f5runner thank you so much for the time and dedication you have put in this project! 

Offline f5runner

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 01:34:32 »
Hi all,

Now that everyone on the list should have gotten their kits, I have three on hand to sell. One have no diffuser plastic and will be 30 dollars under MSRP. Two of them are black and one is white. Price are as follows:

Kit: 390 USD
Extra PCB: 15 USD
Packaging and handling: 30 USD

If you are interested, shoot me a DM. I will invoice you with shipping quotes. Thanks.

Regards,

Joseph