geekhack Community > Off Topic

Shaking Bed Syndrome

(1/8) > >>

Kavik:
I'd say about 50% of the time that I lie down to go to bed, I feel the sensation of my bed shaking as though an earthquake were happening. This doesn't happen when I'm half asleep; it happens when I'm still fully awake but trying to sleep. In fact, it's so distracting that it makes sleep more difficult to initiate. I've never experienced this when sleeping on the couch though, or any other surface for that matter.

Every single thing I'm finding online about this is some hocus pocus spirit haunting crap. Also, it's just a gentle giggling or swaying of the bed, not a vibrating or buzzing as some online describe it.

I'm not on drugs or alcohol, don't have sleep paralysis, and don't believe in spirits, just to rule those out.

Has anyone else experienced this?

tp4tissue:
It's normal, everyone gets that.   Kind of like your body is floating through space/ rocking slightly

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 02 March 2020, 13:38:09 ---It's normal, everyone gets that.   Kind of like your body is floating through space/ rocking slightly

--- End quote ---

I've never in my life experienced anything of the sort.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Mon, 02 March 2020, 14:33:27 ---I've never in my life experienced anything of the sort.

--- End quote ---

Really ? when you're trying to go to sleep, and while not moving, your legs/lower body feels like they're floating away.  Never felt that?

It might not be a precise description, but a very subtle out of body sensation.

Have asked at least 8 peeps , they've all confirmed such xperience.

noisyturtle:
Nope, never. But then again I'm a very light sleeper and the line between when I'm awake and when I'm asleep is blurred.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version