geekhack Community > Off Topic

Amazon best sellers

<< < (5/6) > >>

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 04 August 2022, 17:06:31 ---I mean who wouldn't want to buy 5x 2 man tents Show Image

--- End quote ---
Always cracks me up when they do that.

Best I saw was something like
"People who bought this soldering iron also bought these 4 other soldering irons, a roll of solder and a hairbrush"

Wait.. What?

On the other hand I also cracked up because I was shopping glue sticks and it tried offering 3d printer parts... Now, I know we use these sticks with 3d printers, but imagine someone who knows nothing about 3d printers and just looking for art supplies... "Why am I seeing this?"

tp4tissue:
amazon won't stop recommending tp4 massage wands, after he looked at them that one time. but chickened out and never bought one because he dun' want that on his purchase history, even though tp4 has legitimate shoulder problems.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Thu, 04 August 2022, 17:26:35 ---Best I saw was something like
"People who bought this soldering iron also bought these 4 other soldering irons, a roll of solder and a hairbrush"

Wait.. What?
--- End quote ---
:confused: ...maybe they had only sold one of that iron and the buyer really did buy a hairbrush?

Whatever the (lack of) logic behind these recommendations I can't believe most of them actually sell anything.

tp4tissue:
it's possible, they bought 5 different irons and returned 4.

Leslieann:
It's push advertising.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version