Author Topic: [Help] Tofu 60 (DZ60 RGB) Not being recognized (99% of the time)  (Read 3682 times)

Offline WhiteHairedGod

Hello everyone,

I'm not usually one who asks for help on here as I just lurk but I have run into a problem and was hoping someone could help. I have tried many different troubleshooting methods to fix the issue but have not found a solution. I will post the problem specifically and the methods I have done to fix the problem below. Thank you in advance for your help. I apologize for the wall of text I just want to be as thorough with the information as possible.

< The problem / Background info >

My keyboard will not work with 2 new PCs but will work with my old PC. The keyboard is not recognized as being plugged in most of the time, however, there are instances where it connects and works for a small period of time (about 5-30 seconds). There also have been times where it has worked for an entire day and then stops working.

**Just to note, I made this keyboard in 2021 if I remember correctly and used it for about a year or less than a year before moving to Japan and living abroad for a year. When I recently got back it worked for a week or two before having this problem.

**Edit** I also wanted to add that the RGB lighting on the keyboard sometimes comes on when plugging in and sometimes does not. I wiggled the cable slightly out of the slot and it triggers the lighting to come on if it doesn't already come on. (Not too worried about RBG lighting to be honest since my case is Tofu 60 and can not see the RGB anyways) This could signify some issue though that I am not aware of.

< What I have done to try and fix the problem >

• Tried keyboard with different cables
    Used different usb slots on PC
    Used 3 different PCs (One was just recently made a couple days ago. The problem only occurs on the two new PCs)
    Updated drivers
    Updated BIOS
    Updated Windows
    Updated Chipset
    Uninstalled USB controllers and other USB drivers and restarted PC.
    Downloaded QMK to flash firmware but keyboard is not recognized long enough to do anything with QMK
    Keyboard troubleshooter on Windows (Says nothing is wrong)
    Check to see if there is any dust build up in USB C port on keyboard (There was none but I sprayed some pressurized air in anyway just in case)
    Added a bit more solder

Any help would be much appreciated! I am at a loss for what is causing the problem and it is bothering me that the keyboard works completely fine on my old PC but none of the new PCs.I will provide PC information below.

< Old PC > (Can't remember 100%)

Windows 10 OS
RTX 970
I'm pretty sure its an Intel i7 CPU but not sure which one at the moment
8 GB RAM
Unsure which motherboard

< New PC 1 > (My PC)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 super
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite (Latest BIOS)
RAM: 32GB
PSU: 750W

< New PC 2 > (Girlfriend's PC)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
GPU: MSI RTX 3060
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite (Latest BIOS)
RAM: 32GB
PSU: 750W