geekhack Community > Keyboards

Razer Tarantula

(1/5) > >>

xsphat:
What do you think of this one? It is supposed to have mechanical switches, but it doesn't say that on their site. They have them at best buy, so I might go there and see if I can play with one.

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_21&products_id=40

iMav:
I'm anti-numpad...so I hate it right off the bat for that reason alone.  Plus, I don't like the look of it.  But if you get hands on it, I'd love to hear your impressions.

xsphat:
I'm with you there, I hate the number pad as well, but that claim to be the most responsive key touch ever is piquing my interest. There are a few other things that would keep me from buying it - why would you ever backlight a keyboard, for one, and the other is that it looks to be the size of my desk.

iMav:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---I'm with you there, I hate the number pad as well, but that claim to be the most responsive key touch ever is piquing my interest. There are a few other things that would keep me from buying it - why would you ever backlight a keyboard, for one, and the other is that it looks to be the size of my desk.
--- End quote ---

THIS is the only keyboard I would buy with a numpad.  And that is simply because I wouldn't have to reach over it to get to my pointing device (i'd just use the built-in trackpoint).

I can understand the backlight keys for those that hunt and peck.  Makes no sense for us since we touch type.  

It simply AMAZES me how many IT professionals there are that do not know how to type.  In THIS office alone here in Iraq, I've worked with three of them (and that just so happens to include EVERYBODY aside from me that has worked here since I've been here).   :shock:

xsphat:
That's a nice looking 'board. I was just looking at it tonight, in fact. I think the Happy Hacking beats it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version