Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8602382 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #9450 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:12:16 »

You all do realize there is a good one month, 30 days to go? SUPER AMAZING! Has there been any sale like this YEARS AGO? I'd think today's BS streak is even more exciting than those lazers moment (which I have not experienced before). 30 days to go!!!

Yeah still so much time to go. I was getting pretty miffed in the early goings but now it's just a big game to me, see how many times I can get a post in and fail.

Bet ya $20 you'll get in by the end, USD :p

Haha no way, by the time the sale is over $20 USD will be like a million dollars AU! ****ing exchange rate is killing me these days.

I just got to the states today....to find out that 82 cents is a Canadian dollar. Is yours even lower? :( maybe we should just deal in an absurd currency? 200 yen bets?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #9451 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:15:55 »

You all do realize there is a good one month, 30 days to go? SUPER AMAZING! Has there been any sale like this YEARS AGO? I'd think today's BS streak is even more exciting than those lazers moment (which I have not experienced before). 30 days to go!!!

Yeah still so much time to go. I was getting pretty miffed in the early goings but now it's just a big game to me, see how many times I can get a post in and fail.

Bet ya $20 you'll get in by the end, USD :p

Haha no way, by the time the sale is over $20 USD will be like a million dollars AU! ****ing exchange rate is killing me these days.

I just got to the states today....to find out that 82 cents is a Canadian dollar. Is yours even lower? :( maybe we should just deal in an absurd currency? 200 yen bets?

82c here as well. 200 yen it is!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9452 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:19:31 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #9453 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:20:13 »
Yeah! The currency is making me poorer as well. What's happening to the world?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #9454 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:21:25 »
what a BS night

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9455 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:23:26 »
And thus the 200 yen bet is on!

I think the worst thing is, even at the exchange rate I still pay less for stuff here(like magic cards)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9456 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:25:22 »

I think the worst thing is, even at the exchange rate I still pay less for stuff here(like magic cards)

Yeah most stuff is still cheaper for me from the US but it's getting close. Unfortunately keyboard related purchases are getting pricey though, I'm expecting to spend close to $200 AUD on GMK Hyperfuse once I factor in shipping :/
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9457 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:26:47 »

Yeah most stuff is still cheaper for me from the US but it's getting close. Unfortunately keyboard related purchases are getting pricey though, I'm expecting to spend close to $200 AUD on GMK Hyperfuse once I factor in shipping :/

Ughhh! At least GMK is the top of the crop for caps!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9458 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:28:34 »

Yeah it's totally worth it. The mods will be going with a mint gum skull and some WoB alphas and I'll use the Hyperfuse alphas with my GMK Purps and a Slurple. It's all coming together :P

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9459 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:31:01 »

Yeah it's totally worth it. The mods will be going with a mint gum skull and some WoB alphas and I'll use the Hyperfuse alphas with my GMK Purps and a Slurple. It's all coming together :P

Oh my, those boards will be the sex! I need more purple in my life, I shall live through yours.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #9460 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:34:04 »

That sounds beautiful man, what boards are you going to use them on?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9461 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:38:40 »
One on a GH60 and another on a Nerd60. Probably have to build some more boards soon, already got one set more than I have keyboards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9462 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 04:02:55 »
Less than 500,000 more page views to push CLACKVENT Radnelac above 4Grabs as the most viewed topic!

Third most viewed topic is Clack's "Heads Up!....................................... CURRENT UPDATES !!!................" thread :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9463 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 04:37:52 »

Less than 500,000 more page views to push CLACKVENT Radnelac above 4Grabs as the most viewed topic!

Third most viewed topic is Clack's "Heads Up!....................................... CURRENT UPDATES !!!................" thread :))

I'll be impressed when views can surpass my post count #getonmylevel

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #9464 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 04:47:18 »
what a BS night

And i thought playing guitar is a better option, not knowing what kind of madness is going on :eek:
... ...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9465 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 04:49:21 »
Have the winners of this sale posted there caps in the cc media thread??

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #9466 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:15:50 »

Have the winners of this sale posted there caps in the cc media thread??
No one has gotten theirs yet

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #9467 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:23:14 »
Wakey wakey clack and shakey!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #9468 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:03:17 »
I'm up, I'm up, where the Clacks at
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9469 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:23:16 »
moar bs pls?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9470 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:23:59 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9471 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:35:52 »
If I was Clack I totally would just post random stuff in the thread just to mess with people in the middle of the night
I'm back.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9472 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 08:12:00 »
I'm half expecting Clack to take today off, yet I'm also half expecting another day of insanity...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Belfong

« Reply #9473 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 08:49:34 »
I think I will go to bed early. I am just too exhausted from today's excitement and needed to recover. I will be back to fight another day. Good luck everyone!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #9474 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:29:54 »
I'm exhausted from the excitement as well. I'm also just about to go to bed, even though the sun is up and i have class in a few hours. Damn this homework if i'm in a deep sleep and miss out on a sale.

Good luck all!

Also, i have over 100 emails from yesterday's madness, and the last one is from a post at 2:45pm. Still waiting on a couple hundred more to come in + today's emails :))

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #9475 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:48:11 »
I kept getting emails all through the night about the Clackvent thread replies.  So delayed...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9476 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:50:37 »
I kept getting emails all through the night about the Clackvent thread replies.  So delayed...

I'm still getting them. :facepalm:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #9477 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:51:40 »

same

inb4 clack doesn't do a sale for a week cause he did so many yesterday :)) :rolleyes:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9478 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:58:46 »

same

inb4 clack doesn't do a sale for a week cause he did so many yesterday :)) :rolleyes:

I'd love that, driving across America tomorrow. Canadian with no Internet=clack less times :D
Yes I got one, yes I'm greedy :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9479 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:02:22 »

Well that would make him a liar.   >:D

Although, he technically already broke his own rule by doing 7 yesterday.   :rolleyes:

-One item available each day.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9480 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:04:29 »

Good god man don't anger him!!!11!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #9481 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:10:01 »
Made money last night and no Clacks to spend it on.  :'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9482 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:19:36 »

Pfft, I ain't afraid of no Clack.   :cool:   And he owes me repercussions for mental anguish last night anyway.   :'(

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #9483 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:51:45 »

Pfft, I ain't afraid of no Clack.   :cool:   And he owes me repercussions for mental anguish last night anyway.   :'(

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9484 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:52:42 »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9485 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:54:47 »

�When life gives you lemons, don�t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don�t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life�s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I�m the man who�s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I�m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!�

One of my favourite moments in gaming, was pissing myself the first time I heard that.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #9486 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 13:37:04 »
I'm really bored... I want a radnelac right about now...

Days go by slooooooowly without my Clack hype :(
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #9487 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 13:46:19 »
... ...

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9488 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:19:33 »
I'm also just here sitting on my PC waiting for the Gnome boss to show up.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9489 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:29:08 »
The Lord of the Gnomes!  We hail thee!
I'm back.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9490 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:34:19 »
I have free wifi at Wendy's for the next three minutes, go go clack!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9491 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:39:16 »
Ok I'm gone, good luck folks!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9492 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:47:41 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #9493 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:52:35 »
:'(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #9494 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:52:52 »
If i win, I'm going to be somewhat annoyed...  :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9495 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:53:14 »
heavy breathing
I'm back.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #9496 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:53:14 »
Dear god, that was terrifying... he posts a radnelac right after I start an intense FFMPEG render job on my local machine... Of course, my computer nearly freezes in my haste to bring up my browser + post =X.

Got in though!
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9497 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:53:34 »
RIP Halverson.  And JD.   :'(

Timing could not have been better for me.  I've been out on the floor literally all day, the operator just took a 15 minute break, and Clack posts.   :cool:

Good luck to all who entered, and my condolences to those that were unable to do so.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9498 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:53:43 »
Dear god, that was terrifying... he posts a radnelac right after I start an intense FFMPEG render job on my local machine... Of course, my computer nearly freezes in my haste to bring up my browser + post =X.

Got in though!

Haha
I'm back.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #9499 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:53:59 »
Ok I'm gone, good luck folks!

Wow... six minutes after you leave Halverson. Clack seems to be hatin' on girl sharks lately.