geekhack Community > Off Topic

Ice Cream Bars

(1/7) > >>

itlnstln:
You know what sucks?  The wooden stick in ice cream bars.  I mean, I was thoroughly enjoying an Eskimo Pie ice cream bar (chocolate ice cream with chocolate coating) when, about half way down, I found the popsicle stick.  I don't have a problem with it being there in practice, but... it's wood.  It tastes like wood.  I taste more wood than chocolatey goodness.  The worst part, though, is that the stick goes half way up the bar, so it ruins half my chocolate ice cream Nirvana.  Why can't they use plastic sticks.  For the most part, plastic utensils (forks and knives) don't have any flavor, so I would think plastic popsicle sticks would be great.  That, I wouldn't have to have wood in my mouth.

Man, FU*K popsicle sticks!

wellington1869:
hate when that happens ;)

At least its wood and not cardboard. When I get to the tootsie in a tootsie pop the cardboard stick melts and there's paper pulp everywhere. Pretty nasty.

In fact you might say it gives me very megative feelings.  :p

bhtooefr:
Plastic is less ecologically sound and has more toxic chemicals than wood, though. ;)

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: bhtooefr;12066 ---Plastic is less ecologically sound and has more toxic chemicals than wood, though. ;)
--- End quote ---

That would sure have a megative effect on the environment

itlnstln:
It's still fu*king up my ice cream, though.  We need a good solution to eliminate taste from the popsicle stick, yet be ecologically sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version