geekhack Community > Off Topic

Cut fingers and typing

(1/6) > >>

xsphat:
Why is it the only place on my body that I get cuts is on my fingertips? Does the god of pain know writers use those for typing? Is that god a woman?

I hate it. I was cleaning out the old apartment yesterday and I laid open my right index finger in not one but two places, both cuts ending at the tip. One of them even went directly under my fingernail. Between typing and using a trackpoint at home, this is gonna take a year and a half to heal.

bitflipper:
Super Glue / Second skin.

In the winter, my finger tips split open at each side of the fingernail from dry skin. 2 or 3 fingers on each hand. Makes it seriously uncomfortable to type for any length of time. I started super gluing the cuts together and it seems to promote healing. It probably gets in the bloodstream and causes brain cancer, though.

A thumb trackball might help in place of the trackpoint. Like the Logitech Trackman Wheel.

nanu:
I use tin snips on plastic shell stuff.  Less effort than sharp scissors.

vils:
When I get small cuts on my fingers I use superglue, cyanoacrylate, to glue the cut together. Just be sure to glue over the cut and not into it. Might not be the most chemical safe way to do it but it works wonderfully. I know that surgeons use it to glue veins together, so it can't be that harmful... anyhow, nothing else works on the finger tips.

P.S.
Missed bitflippers post, took me a while to write..

xsphat:
Quite a response to this thread so soon, guess we can all relate.

Superglue was invented by the military for quick bandages on the battlefield, so that's why it works so well, but if it does cause some kind of cancer, the US government will have you killed to avoid any negative press.

And Ripster, dig the Mary shot, but I have to say this; I have never hung a load of jort off my own ear, but they are fun to aim for if you've already hit everywhere else on the same girl's face ... but I prefer the big, long racing stripes that start at the forehead and go all the way to the top of her skull.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version