geekhack Community > Off Topic

Filco blank keys on a Scorpius M10

<< < (2/3) > >>

itlnstln:

--- Quote from: ch_123;111830 ---Of course, by the time you buy a Scorpius, the Filco keycaps, and pay shipping for getting the two of them from different places, you've paid almost as much as you would have for a real Filco, without the potential for dodgy soldering, of course.
--- End quote ---

It's still a savings of about $40 over a Filco.  I would just rather have the Filco, though.

Or a Cherry G80-3000.

kyamei:
I'm probably the only strange one who prefers the M10's keycaps.  I'm really not too fond of the finish on Filco caps, the texture on the M10's caps are much better in my opinion.

itlnstln:
I like the G80-3000 keycaps the best.  Nice, durable finish and laser etching.  The precision of the etching/filling of the G80s keycaps does leave something to be desired, though.

ch_123:

--- Quote from: itlnstln;111836 ---It's still a savings of about $40 over a Filco.  I would just rather have the Filco, though.

Or a Cherry G80-3000.
--- End quote ---

How much is a Scorpius? I thought they were in the $60 region, so $30 keycaps + shipping and you are pretty much in the same territory as the non-NKRO Blue Cherry Filco.

wellington1869:
i liked the scorpius better than the das.  i've never used a filco so cant compare with that.  it was cheap tho. I think I paid $50 after a nice bing ebay discount.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version