Author Topic: [GB] UK 60% plate mounted keyboard with aluminium top case  (Read 8144 times)

Offline Enthusiast

[GB] UK 60% plate mounted keyboard with aluminium top case
« on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 10:03:42 »
As you may have seen QWERkeys has been working to release an ISO version of the Tex Beetle, an aluminium cased, plate mounted 60% keyboard. Unfortunately although 160 people registered interest for this keyboard when I inquired to Dan (Sleabo) from QWERkeys about the availability of the keyboards he told me that they have had no orders so far and as a result of this will not hit the  MOQ for any switch. As I desperately want this keyboard (a 60% keyboard with this layout is rare in the UK) I have decided (With Dan's permission) to open it up as a group buy.

In terms of MOQ 10 orders for a specific switch are required before the keyboard can be produced. I think the best way to organise this is to PM me your email address and switch preference  if you wish to purchase one of these. If ten people willing to purchase a specific switch contact me I will forward your email addresses onto Dan, who will then take your order (This prevents having to go through the order process without knowing if you will get the keyboard). Dan will then ship everything when he gets the keyboards using recorded first class delivery. The price for a delivered keyboard is £100 (10% off cost price as these will be the first QWER keyboards that have been made), this Group buy is UK only.

Please note I am not responsible for anything other than organising who wishes to purchase a keyboard, Dan will deal with everything once I give him the email addresses of those interested.

The deadline for this is the Friday August 16th, you will get your keyboard late September/early October.

This is what the keyboard will look like:

Here is the layout for the keyboard:

Current orders:
Red switch: 0/10
blue switch: 0/10
Brown switch: 1/10
Black switch: 0/10

Offline ClitMonster

Re: [GB] UK 60% plate mounted keyboard with aluminium top case
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 14:22:08 »
I really can't justify getting an ISO, but I wish you the best of luck!

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 14:36:32 »
This would be the ISO version of the Tex Beetle. I recently bought the ANSI version, and it is a great keyboard with superb build quality and elegant appearance. Although I prefer the ANSI layout and would have no use for an ISO version, I wish you well in getting the requisite number of ISO pledges for a GB.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 14:49:43 »
I wish you best of luck with the GB, but I am afraid it will be really hard to reach MOQ for even one switch. There are reasons why people didnt buy them from QWERKEYS...

Here are some:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1E2ZmfnDUHc1TOB6bpOLbfk4FS1M8LMlH_fZNfdjalwo/viewanalytics

Offline Enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 04:49:45 »
I understand that not everybody wishes to purchase this keyboard but I believe that  it is a good keyboard. Many of the responses to the questionnaire indicate that they do not have the money to buy it right now or it doesn't come in the correct layout for them. Hopefully the unique ISO layout,  build quality and aluminium top case will appeal to enough people that this group buy can go ahead.

Offline battletux

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:20:04 »
Why go for this over say the GH60 with ISO layout? Other than it being a Ready-To-Use keyboard.

Offline Enthusiast

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 02:49:59 »
When comparing this keyboard to the GH60 the things that must be considered are convenience, availability and price. You've already mentioned convenience; for somebody in the UK having to source a case and key caps can be difficult (as well as costly), the GH60 is no longer available to buy from the group buy and this keyboard will be cheaper than the GH60 when VAT, customs and shipping is considered.  As well as this the GH60 has no options for an ISO layout with arrow keys.