geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

HHKB/Poker style ghetto salvage board - My first DIY KB

<< < (7/8) > >>

cactux:
Could you show us what is under the hood ;-)

Maarten:
At the bottom of the wiki page you'll find a link to some building pics. Here's the link for you convenience ;
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Book:Building+the+thing

I dont have any completed pics because... well.. its not exactly pic worthy atm lol. When i receive my new controller ill wire everything a bit more decently and ill put some pics on.

cactux:
^ thank you

Maarten:
Aaaand, heres another little update;

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 51531[/ATTACH]

I just cant help myself, i keep swapping keycaps. Right now im typing on the board as in the above shot, also worth noting is that the back-plate has now been replaced by a completely flat one as the board is now running the chameleon controller she was built for so she is now more comfortable to type on as well!

I've also placed 4 LEDs under the spacebar (currently they indicate Fn and Num on the left and Scroll and Caps on the right half of the space bar) and when i get my hands on a proper black one ill modify that with 4 little windows in the front (clear plastic filled holes) to show a bit better what the leds are doing cuz now i just have to look at it under an odd angle to be able to see the reflection of the LEDS;

Regular layer 0 vs layer 2 LED indication
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 51532[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 51533[/ATTACH]

The two most left leds show the layer im in in binary just because thats so nice and nerdy ;) Both leds off means base layer 0 (mostly function as caps indicate), right only is layer one (toggle; mainly numerals -+ replaced by functions F1-F12 and ESC as ~ ), left only is layer 2 (level; many many media keys everywhere and shortcuts for windows and various apps) and both leds on is layer 3 (both toggle or level selectable; hides all the functions i rarely use but would still like to be able to access like a full numpad functionality under 789-uio-jkl-m,. as 789-456-123-0 00 del)!

Maarten:
And i also got the KeyMouse working in a useable way. In layer 3 i now have the WASD cluster mapped to mouse up-left-down-right, left control is the left mouse button and WIN i right (for use with my pinky). R and F have the scroll functionality and the left Alt is still alt (to use in conjunction with the numpad keys for fancy stuff йвдаезклипо).  Its actually pretty neat to use that layer eventho it alsmost lost all its alpha's :D!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version