geekhack Community > New Members

Hello from California

(1/2) > >>

firebt:
Hey guys,

Just got onto this forum, glad to see that there are bunch of other enthusiasts around that enjoy mechanical keyboards as much as I do.  Anyhow, currently 23, finishing up school for mechanical engineering in Davis, CA, so yeah.  That explains a bit.  I just got my first Ducky Shine 2 keyboard (White LED Cherry MX Reds) and I love it.  Anyways, saying hello.  Also, looking for people that would perhaps know where to get some keycaps that are like the WASD ones or the stock black ones (but in blue) that came with the Ducky. 

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.  It's not exactly clear; you can't see through the thing of course, more like a thin layer opaque that bleeds a little.  Notice how the normal keys are solid opaque, they don't let any let through except for the letter cutout.  However, the WASD keys that they came with also transmit some light through the key itself, but at low light level, you can clearly just see the letter with the key only lightly lit. 

I'm not sure what they're called, but I was looking for some blue ones, or if I could customize it and have QWER keys that would be great too.  Anyways, thanks in advance!

Tommy

Quarzac:
You're gonna have some trouble finding backlit keycaps (i.e those with clear legends) in any color other than black- I know I've never seen any outside of the WASD cluster.

You at UC Davis? I'm at UCB! I have no idea where Davis actually is in relation to Berkeley, but you should head up here the next time we have a Bay Area meet up.

firebt:
Oh what? That's cool man.  Yeah, Davis is not that close but not that far type of situation.  It's about 70 miles off or so.  Yeah that sounds cool man let me know when you guys meet up.  Is there a section in the forum where I can find out information on these kinds of events?

rowdy:
Welcome to Geekhack!

There are very few custom key caps available like you seek.  There are some with varying degrees of translucency or transparency, but not really with translucent legends.

hazeluff:

Yeah, not many Transparent/Translucent keys out there either...Then again, most people here don't have backlit boards or favor non-backlit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version