Author Topic: [GB] ⭐️ KAT Space Dust ⭐️[Status: Production done - awaiting shipping] ⭐️  (Read 284152 times)

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
Re: [GB] ⭐️ KAT Space Dust ⭐️24th May to 25th June ⭐️
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 07:20:53 »
So I just realized I didn't add mods to my order, how screwed am I?

Most vendors ordered extras. So I would say the best method is to direct message the vendor to reserve a kit perhaps.
It worked for another individual recently who also forgot to purchase mods too.

imagine them finding out about gmk incognito  ;D ;D ;D

congrats on the very successful gb! let's hope we will receive the caps in the next few years :thumb:
Thank you!

I hope to see this come around again! I was an idiot and forgot until the day after the GB ended so I missed out but I really do love this set.
There will be a round 2 but it might take a while. Do keep an eye out for pre-orders/extras as there will be some around

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 03:59:31 »
Hi,
Over a month ago I received deskmat prototype samples and was happy with the quality/colours so production for these with the manufacturer have since gone ahead.

See photos below of deskmat prototype samples. I took these during daytime indoors, some in direct sunlight through window:

In regards to keycap samples, we're still in the colourmatching phase, and weren't completely satisfied with the last round of keycaps sent, so Pseudo is aiming to get another round of colour samples from Keyreative.
We still have full confidence we can execute multicoloured reverse dyesub novelties, based off the results of the KAT PBJ keycap samples
More

The collab with Thok metal artisan for Space Kat (<3) has progressed past prototype stage. See video of prototype here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/745448646769639465/873180627699109918/video0.mov
I'm super excited to see my Space Kat novelty design take one step closer to ending up on everyone's setup.

Offline wz89

• New to the rabbithole
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 03:15:16 »
Do you think any of the vendors ordered extras? In hindsight, I should have added the numpad kit to my order.

Offline Homes247

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 05:04:28 »
Nice one.
Welcome to Ajmera Nucleus Apartments in bangalore, the best place to live in Bangalore. Set in an elegant apartment complex, these spacious apartment homes include all the modern conveniences you would expect from a luxury apartment

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 06:22:02 »
Do you think any of the vendors ordered extras? In hindsight, I should have added the numpad kit to my order.
Yes vendors have ordered extras, but it will be dependent on region regarding supply. Typically the US vendor will have the most kits/supply. Boardsource have stated they will do a pre-order period too (unsure when, you'll have to contact them).

Nice one.
Thanks!

Offline catbus

Are there any updates on when the 'f**k' version of the singularity mat will be available?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline wz89

• New to the rabbithole
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 15:07:11 »
Yes vendors have ordered extras, but it will be dependent on region regarding supply. Typically the US vendor will have the most kits/supply. Boardsource have stated they will do a pre-order period too (unsure when, you'll have to contact them).

Sweet! I have my GB order placed through them so I'll just keep an eye out for updates.

Thanks again!

Offline Bobatype

Are there any updates on when the 'f**k' version of the singularity mat will be available?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Hi, I'll probably run the GB for the expletive variant at the end of the year. I'd like to wait for the KAT Space Dust deskmats to ship/arrive first. Hopefully soon depending on shipping. I was sent these photos of the deskmat production mid-September.

Regarding the metal artisan collab production
- Thok has done a prototype which looks good. I'll give an update on ETA when I get that.
Video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/745448646769639465/873180627699109918/video0.mov

- there's no ETA yet for Rama artisans as the Chinese government has recently implemented power tariffs for factories leading up to winter. Hopefully will be able to give us a more accurate estimation once all staff members return from holiday and finalise on their production capacity for the next quarter.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 22:12:58 »
Hi,

No real updates yet in terms of keycap production. We're still waiting in the queue (noted that recently KAT Cyberspace has finished production).

I've been informed that the KAT Space Dust deskmats have arrived at Boardsource (US Vendor) and they'll begin shipping them out next week for those that ordered them separately. Other vendors haven't yet received their deskmat shipments yet.

The Thok artisan is currently in the midst of production from their last update:
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 November 2021, 03:01:53 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline acerb

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 05:37:22 »
ZFrontier announced KAT Space Dust production happening/starting in June this year. We'll see but that's an update.

Source: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 14:18:48 »
ZFrontier announced KAT Space Dust production happening/starting in June this year. We'll see but that's an update.

Source: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Offline Maxusy

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 11:29:32 »
Newbie question: how big is the chance of this set being created in cherry-profile PBT at some point? ePBT, MW, etc.?
b.face x2

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 09:53:09 »
Any updates on shipping?

Offline Hawkenfreude

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 12:50:22 »
It's not shipping any time soon. According to the optimistic Keyreative chart, it was set to begin production in June. However, after more COVID shutdowns, I'd guess it's probably been pushed at least a month.

Latest update from Superuser was a 4-6 week production delay, and it's just ahead of Space Dust on the calendar. I'd imagine this set might be produced in August, and, hopefully start shipping to vendors in September.

Offline deveth0

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 04:17:26 »
Keygem (the local proxy) already updated the description to: Estimated Shipping: estimated delivery Q4 2022

https://keygem.store/collections/closed-group-buy/products/group-buy-kat-space-dust

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 12:42:40 »
It's not shipping any time soon. According to the optimistic Keyreative chart, it was set to begin production in June. However, after more COVID shutdowns, I'd guess it's probably been pushed at least a month.

Latest update from Superuser was a 4-6 week production delay, and it's just ahead of Space Dust on the calendar. I'd imagine this set might be produced in August, and, hopefully start shipping to vendors in September.

That’s the kind Of optimism that the vendors love to see from their customers lol
Basd on history of keyreative Q1 for seriously suboptimal quality is more realistic.

I already got my chargeback money months ago.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 16:52:07 »

If the factory/company has had covid disruptions, then for the sake of quality we should probably hope it's delayed longer rather than pushed ahead sooner. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2022, 09:58:36 by bkrownd »

Offline Katydid

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 20 August 2022, 14:48:00 »
Hi,

Is there any news about deskmats in EU, and about the RAMA eject keycap ?

Thx

Offline acerb

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 08:37:07 »
So, last word seems to be that a 3rd round of sample is asked (still some obvious problems on the last one) and the expected delivery would be Q3 2023... fyi

Offline Frostbyte

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 07:54:13 »
So, last word seems to be that a 3rd round of sample is asked (still some obvious problems on the last one) and the expected delivery would be Q3 2023... fyi

Wow… another year from now. Where was that info supplied? I didn’t expect it any time soon but also didn’t expect another year.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 14:24:23 »
Hi,

Is there any news about deskmats in EU, and about the RAMA eject keycap ?

Thx

Same question please :-(

Offline Score

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 14:41:58 »
So if I need to change my address for my order before it is shipped, how would I do that? Does anyone know, because I'll definitely be moving before Q3 2023

Offline acerb

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 15:40:40 »
contact your vendor, they should have a procedure for that.

Offline CodyMathis123

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 31 October 2022, 09:55:20 »

Wow… another year from now. Where was that info supplied? I didn’t expect it any time soon but also didn’t expect another year.

The expected delivery time was not officially provided anywhere. It is pure speculation.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 19:56:35 »
Any official updates? 
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 21:02:21 »
Any official updates?

proto[Typist] is currently predicting Q2 2023 - https://prototypist.net/pages/updates

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 22:05:29 »
Any official updates?

Currently awaiting the next round of samples to arrive. We've been waiting for another round of sample for quite a while, but it's only recently (earlier this week) we have had communication back that has confirmed that the latest round of samples requested a few months ago are being right made now. Apparently the city Keyreative manufacturing had a period of lockdown due to COVID-19 which added further delays to everything.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 06:26:57 »
Second round of samples have arrived, including multicoloured novelties and gradient spacebar, and they're much better than the first round of samples. I'm sending them off to Pseudo to double check before approval but I have high hopes we can also move forward to production.
More pertinent updates relating to that set will be announced in Pseudo's Discord server.

(Photos taken on smartphone in daylight outdoors and indoors. Legends on novelties are not blurry btw. I just didn't take a properly focused shot)

Overall, I will be requesting information on where we'll sit in the production queue now. Some sets that were behind us but had earlier colour samples approved may have jumped ahead of us whilst colour samples were waiting to be approved. I also note Chinese New Year is also coming up.
I will continue try to give updates where I can, but note that it's hard for me to estimate delivery after manufacturing is done as shipping from manu to each regional vendor's shipping length can be so variable and unpredictable.

I hope to see this come around again! I was an idiot and forgot until the day after the GB ended so I missed out but I really do love this set.
I'm sure there will be extras at vendors once it ships.

So I just realized I didn't add mods to my order, how screwed am I?
Try and get in on pre-orders/extras at the vendor you bought it at. If not your regional one, perhaps z-Frontier.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 06:31:47 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Eatthereet

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 07:08:29 »
 ;D ;D

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 21:01:46 »
ohhhhhhhh they look amazing!

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 21:17:09 »
Update:
Although the most recent sample round (r3) is significantly better in many aspects, the pink/purples aren't as saturated as we envisioned.
We will thus be requesting to have an injected base color (similar to KAM 80s); which means for our legends and such, the base color serves at the injected plastic color and then black gets subbed on top. Currently it's all white as the base colour, which is maybe why the saturation isn't as bright as it could be.
To our understanding, the white base is probably necessary for the multicoloured legend keycaps (mainly novelties), but for the mods/alphas, we want to get that saturation as high as we can. Hopefully this request is feasible/acceptable by the manufacturer, and ultimately gets the result we're seeking. We're realistic it may not be possible to ultimately match 100% with renders, but we'll continue to strive as close as we can.
We thank everyone in the discord server for their patience, input and lively discussion/opinions on this project, and we'll continue to give updates on where things go when we have new news. Kindly refer to the Pseudio discord server for further photos of the most recent sample rounds.
(It does appear that the Keyreative manufacturing schedule is moving along nicely as well at the moment, as they've recently completed Mizu, and commencing Great Wave soon)

Offline Aeaea

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 21 March 2023, 12:40:52 »
Thank you for keeping us updated  :thumb:

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 08:37:00 »
Hi, Keyreative has sent us pictures of the latest round of prototyping with the injected base keys.
Here is a picture of the current protos, left is dye sub right is injected base.

We're awaiting for the samples in hand, but just based on the photograph, Pseudo and I, both believed injected base color is the way to go, with noticeably higher saturation/vividness.
We have been informed however is switching to injected color will likely extend the production cycle. This is due to the design having many different colors in one single kit and they have to plan multiple injection cycles to accommodate.
It's been a very long wait, so it is tempting to opt for the faster process, but Pseudo and I do not want the colors compromised, and most buyers in the discord have also expressed preference for waiting a bit longer if it means the colors are better.

I still don't have an exact ETA on production. But it will likely be manufactured in the second half of the year.
Looking at the current Keyreative queue, there are a few other sets still slated ahead in the production cycle (KAT Comet, KAT Great Wave, KAT Overgrown, KAT Slurp and KAT Crusader). The first two are currently in production at the moment.

We thank you everyone for their patience given the unfortunate prolonged production and sampling process.

Many thanks to Swishy (designer of KAM 80s), who informed us of the alternative production method to achieve more vibrant legends.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2023, 22:59:21 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline norb

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 09:13:07 »
great seeing progress here, can't wait  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 12:22:33 »
Thank you for the update! Glad to see things being ironed out

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 07:28:10 »
Yeah the ones on the right look brighter. Oh these are gonna be sooooo good

Offline longcao1010

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 22:39:07 »
will this ever be restocked? Missed the GB and really want to purchase some  :(

Offline Ruvaak

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 07:38:57 »
If irc the vendors ordered a bunch of extras, so u should be able to buy this keyset as in stock for a short time.
Maybe join the Discord server so u are always UpToDate.

Offline testavacc

• Test Avacc
7t75778
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 July 2023, 08:26:05 by testavacc »

Offline hantm107

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 05:14:45 »
I'm really tired of this GB model
I joined in oct 2021, nearly 2 years passed without any real update regarding fulfillment.
This is taking even longer than most GMK set
100% my last ever keycaps GB

Offline Havattack

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 13:07:33 »
Covid.
GBs have always taken like a year anyway. Now they take 2. Oh well.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 20:56:45 »
Is there any updates regarding this project, cause it hasn't been updated since april (at least on gh)

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 23:02:59 »
These are currently being injection molded with blank material, suitable for the dyesub :)

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 00:16:13 »
These are currently being injection molded with blank material, suitable for the dyesub :)

Oh it's in production now?

if so that's pretty cool, finally can get this set after ages.

Offline arock0627

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 10:51:43 »
This keycap set cured me of my groupbuy addiction.

I just bought some keychrons and keycap sets in stock and called it good. 

Over 2 years since this thread posted and we're just now going into production is wild.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 17:56:35 »
This keycap set cured me of my groupbuy addiction.

I just bought some keychrons and keycap sets in stock and called it good. 

Over 2 years since this thread posted and we're just now going into production is wild.

Yeah at least for keycaps this is probably it for me because of how this gb turned out, there will probably be keyboards that I will join but that's about it. There are still a few sets that I would want (Carbon r3 maybe?, blue alert r2?) but I might pick up extras for them instead of waiting.

Unless it's like dcs superweld I guess...

Also I have suspicions that this set isn't even production yet, I'll check the discord tonight and update here as I can't currently just to make sure about it, since what was set here was kinda vauge to me.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 01 October 2023, 19:14:36 »
Should have updated this much later but forgot lol, checked again and yeah it's in production photos were on keykreative's discord, I'll post them again if I remember...

Offline Score

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 14:14:59 »
So....if this ever gets finished, I still have the same question :), how do I update my address since I have moved since purchasing this GB.

Someone mentioned contacting the vendor but TBH I forgot who it even was....this was my first ever GB lol and I never expected it to still be on going  :-\

Offline Score

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 14:18:14 »
So....if this ever gets finished, I still have the same question :), how do I update my address since I have moved since purchasing this GB.

Someone mentioned contacting the vendor but TBH I forgot who it even was....this was my first ever GB lol and I never expected it to still be on going  :-\

NVM, it's boardsource. So do I just email them about this GB from 2 years ago? lol

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 16:57:48 »
  https://www.boardsource.xyz 

it'd be a good idea to join boardsource and pseudo Discord channels to keep up with the updates there.