Author Topic: Absolute MINIMUM Xercise ?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Absolute MINIMUM Xercise ?
« on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 19:14:39 »
NE1 read txt on this ?

Done some minimal workout plan ?

Is there such a thing ?

Tp needs to shed some pandemi-weight

Offline jennyluce

Re: Absolute MINIMUM Xercise ?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 23:59:08 »
i wantt it tooooooo, can i loose weight just doing house works??
btw i have 1 bhk house only  :D

Offline Sniping

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 02:53:39 »
You gotta work into it. If you fit in a good quality exercise most days, even just 40 minutes of exercise will actually give you good gains while being healthy exercise. I don't consider super strenuous exercise to be that good for you, like stuff that maxes your heart rate in specific. Running is a pretty good bang for your buck exercise, BUT most people get injuries after running consistently for a few weeks. I'd say a pretty balanced program is to focus on lifting weights half your exercise sessions each week and spend the other half of your week focusing on cardio related exercises. But yeah, weight lifting and cardio is pretty good bang for your buck exercise. The thing is is that it gets boring for a lot of people after a while. It's important to mix it up with exercise you actually find interesting and enjoy doing. Indoor rock climbing/bouldering is a fun place to start if you want to try something fresh.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 05:43:03 »
You gotta work into it. If you fit in a good quality exercise most days, even just 40 minutes of exercise will actually give you good gains while being healthy exercise. I don't consider super strenuous exercise to be that good for you, like stuff that maxes your heart rate in specific. Running is a pretty good bang for your buck exercise, BUT most people get injuries after running consistently for a few weeks. I'd say a pretty balanced program is to focus on lifting weights half your exercise sessions each week and spend the other half of your week focusing on cardio related exercises. But yeah, weight lifting and cardio is pretty good bang for your buck exercise. The thing is is that it gets boring for a lot of people after a while. It's important to mix it up with exercise you actually find interesting and enjoy doing. Indoor rock climbing/bouldering is a fun place to start if you want to try something fresh.

Excellent advice, Sniping. I would only add two things. First, walking is probably one of the best forms of regular exercise because it is relatively safe, can be varied as fitness improves (speed, incline, duration), and it burns calories (not a lot but it doesn’t wear you out , so it is repeatable). And second, don’t forget diet. Ultimately, weight loss is a function of CICO or calories in calories out.
Both exercise and a good diet require consistency to show results, so your last point is so good. Find a diet and an activity that suits you and you are more likely to stick to it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 09:51:09 »
don’t forget diet. Ultimately, weight loss is a function of CICO or calories in calories out.

Pandemi_Stress + Nabisco Oreos + Nongshim Shin Ramyun

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 14:59:21 »
I think being healthy has much more to do with diet than exercise, although no exercise at all would not be recommended.
If you eat really healthy and just move enough to keep your blood flowing that should be enough. Enough for what? No idea.

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 15:09:50 »
NE1 read txt on this ?

Done some minimal workout plan ?

Is there such a thing ?

Tp needs to shed some pandemi-weight

Show Image

This is kind of a goofy mindset when it comes to exercising. If you are only trying to lose weight, the best thing to do is evaluate your diet and cut calories. Supplementing the change in diet with exercise will help, but exercising (even if you work out multiple times per DAY), you won't see much weight loss if you continue to consume the same amount of calories. Aside from that, you get as much out of working out as you put into it, so a "minimal workout plan" will lead to "minimal" results.

My suggestion is to find something that you enjoy doing, or that you have the discipline for, and stick with it, while prioritizing a healthier diet. Whether the exercise is biking, playing basketball, running, HIIT, swimming, etc. it will help with you losing weight, but it will take a lot longer to lose that weight if you aren't changing your diet. Drinking lots of water and chewing gum seems to help me not be as hungry all the time.

Offline jennyluce

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 04:35:07 »
thanks bro for the suggestion

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 21:33:43 »
I haven't read it yet, but check out a book called "Burn" by Herman Pontzer. Apparently, his research shows that people burn the same number of calories no matter their activity level, except when starting a new exercise program. Once the body adapts to the exercise, the same number of calories is burned. The possible benefit is that burning calories through exercise prevents the body from burning them through bad processes like inflammation (not sure if that makes sense, just a hypothesis). I only listened to a podcast interview. Food for thought.

Personally, I finally decided to stop fighting it and have conceded to the weight gain. I had a really good month where I lost some weight and then plateaued. I'm too stressed to focus on it right now, so I've just decided to use the body weight to my advantage in weight lifting, and I'll cut later. I was 160 lb pre-pandemic. I maintained somewhere between 170-185 lb until last fall. Now I'm 211 lb.  :(
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 23:26:53 »
There's really not much left to do in the pandemi,  have put off working out for the longest.

/keke

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 07:51:41 »
Kavik—it seems that Pontzer’s research focuses on the human body’s adapted response to additional physical stressors (activity) to total daily calories burned. To a degree, this is confirmation of what has been suspected for years despite claims made by some health and fitness charlatans. One’s unique  natural hormonal response seeks homeostasis with its set programming. This is most easily foiled by artificial intervention ranging from caffeine to methamphetamines. A slow but healthier alternative is consistent good nutrition combined with a balanced lifestyle. I think you’re right when you say that exercise is a better calorie burning  alternative to stress.

I would be cautious about ignoring weight gain though. Metabolic disease, brought on by poor diet and activity level, is a greater pandemic (in the US) than Covid. Diet is a bigger factor in weight loss than exercise, though the body has an adaptive response (ghrelin/leptin) to that also. It seems that in the game of maintaining a healthy bodyweight, the deck is stacked against us.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:49:14 »
Did some googln', Pontzer is also featured on Dr. Gundry,   which is the same branch of social media that promotes things like "Cholesterol is healthy" , " Cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease."

The danger of the health guru scene is that it's full of "half truths" which seem convincing

Offline Kavik

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 15:54:06 »
I would be cautious about ignoring weight gain though. Metabolic disease, brought on by poor diet and activity level, is a greater pandemic (in the US) than Covid. Diet is a bigger factor in weight loss than exercise, though the body has an adaptive response (ghrelin/leptin) to that also. It seems that in the game of maintaining a healthy bodyweight, the deck is stacked against us.

Yeah, I know. I just know that my current life circumstances are not conducive to dieting. I have lost significant weight in the past, so I know how to do it, and I also know that it takes 100% mental commitment over a long period of time to do it, which I do not have now. So I'm just going to take advantage of it and set some lifting PRs. For some reason body weight equals strength even if a lot of it just fat, which I don't fully understand.

Did some googln', Pontzer is also featured on Dr. Gundry,   which is the same branch of social media that promotes things like "Cholesterol is healthy" , " Cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease."

The danger of the health guru scene is that it's full of "half truths" which seem convincing

I don't think he should be dismissed via guilt by association. But I haven't vetted him myself. I am only aware of him because he was on the Barbell Medicine Podcast, whose two hosts are medical doctors who are so evidence based that they take very little for granted, almost annoyingly so. So I am doing the opposite and giving him the benefit of association. From what I remember, he did primary research for this rather than just interpreting other studies. But I should just read it myself before I go defending it.

Although I don't think exercise is a great weight loss strategy, my preferred cardio is bicycling because it's easy to do for long sessions and it's easy on joints. For lifting, I like the big three movements (bench press, squat, deadlift) to keep the joints healthy and strong.. As someone else mentioned, overuse injury is a concern for any repeated exercise (especially running, and especially with bad form, and especially if you're overweight). What's the minimum? The American Heart Association says 150 minutes per week, which would be about one 30 mile bike ride once per week, which doesn't sound like enough to me. I would say doubling that would be a good start. In my experience, only really, really long cardio sessions assisted weight loss, so 60+ miles on the bike per week, split between one or two rides, and/or 7+ miles of running per week, split between one and three runs. Running really sucks if you're already heavy though.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 21:05:54 »
I don't think he should be dismissed via guilt by association. But I haven't vetted him myself. I am only aware of him because he was on the Barbell Medicine Podcast, whose two hosts are medical doctors who are so evidence based that they take very little for granted, almost annoyingly so. So I am doing the opposite and giving him the benefit of association. From what I remember, he did primary research for this rather than just interpreting other studies. But I should just read it myself before I go defending it.

It's hard these days,  for example that Dr. Gundry is also a medical doctor, and former heart surgeon.  THIS GUY,  is telling people to eat cholesterol.

So....the point is you can pay people to say anything.  Look at fox news,  they even have a bunch of black people news anchors on there promoting trump and the republican party.

I mean, If you betray your entire race like that, for money, after all those years of civil rights and slavery, and all of the current republican's racist dogma..  That's just... ....

IDK, do they get their black license revoked ? It's pretty insane.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 21:32:26 »

If you betray .... for money .... That's just ....

What makes the billionaire puppet masters happy to get out their checkbooks.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 09:59:47 »
Is better to be active all the time than to work out once a day
Humans are good at thinking one and done.

This also depend on your metabolism, but getting 15k steps a day and a well rounded diet should help you without much strain
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 10:00:11 »
^^ good diet means NO RAMEN for tp4!!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 10:18:35 »
^^ good diet means NO RAMEN for tp4!!

Eating less ramen is the second/third hardest thing in this world.