Author Topic: $20 UV Cables!  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Keyboardnoobb

$20 UV Cables!
« on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:24:53 »
NOTE: Well, after a good bit of thinking and discussing with people, I've decided to sell the UV cables with whatever color of heat shrink and UV sleeving you want as well as a much lower cost of $20. However, there won't be a duel heat shrink, the housing will be a regular housing and it won't be gold connectors.

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to bring you Prem-O-Cable's first cable. I have been working on this for quite some time, and it's here!

To Purchase: http://www.premocables.com/#!online-store/cevx/!/UV-Reactive-Cable/p/43923670/category=0

UV cables are a great, custom cable for anyone in the market. It has some great features that I'd love to talk about.

• Pick your own heat shrink from a number of colors
  • UV reactive, PET sleeving.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:12:59 by Keyboardnoobb »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: UV sleeved Mini USB Cables! While supplies last
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:34:58 »
45 bucks bruh?

what happened to

I could probably do it for cheaper

im sorry but that is a ridiculous price, and considering other cable makers are doing it for half that... good luck.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:36:44 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:36:22 »
45 bucks bruh?

what happened to

I could probably do it for cheaper
I'm not aiming for cheaper anymore. I posted a little thing about that before. I'm not competing directly with mimic cables. Plus, to give it the look I wanted, it takes about 2 hours of work per cable and I didn't use cheap parts.

I'm sorry if it seemed I changed what I said, but like I said, I'm not looking for the cheapest and easiest way just to undercut him by a buck or two. I'm wanting to simply do something different, and I think I've done that with this cable. from the completely different look of the mini usb connector, to all the uv/glow in the dark style everything, it definitely isn't the same.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:39:47 by Keyboardnoobb »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:39:09 »
there is only so much you can do by putting a different color sleeve over a cable.

but, like i said, good luck.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline swathe

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:42:30 »
Looks cool but I can't justify that unfortunately, plus there is no shipping to Australia
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:44:28 »
looks nice

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:47:48 »
Looks cool but I can't justify that unfortunately, plus there is no shipping to Australia

I've only looked into the countries I've shown on there, but I am willing to look into pricing of others as well. IIf you'd like, I can look into it and get back to you.

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:52:33 »
Okay everyone. I apparently made a mistake in not disclosing everything that comes with cable because I understand people feel the price is too high. I more or less wanted it to be a really cool surprise when people oppened the packaging and saw what was also included. Needless to say, the cable comes with a uv flashlight to show off the uv cable and some Prem-o-cables stickers. So the value is there. Like I said, I made a mistake in not disclosing this up front.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 19:22:37 by Keyboardnoobb »

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
Re: Custom UV Cables (pick your color and heath shrink)
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 23:05:47 »
I know I said I would love some more cable competition, but at $33, I don't know what kind of target market you are aiming for... Definitely not mine.

Also, I know you are saying it is effort, but I would like to point out that Zeal's cables WITH LEDS sell for almost half the price.

http://zealpc.net/collections/cables/products/3ft-led-usb-cable
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 23:09:09 by connorelsea »

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 23:15:05 »
I know I said I would love some more cable competition, but at $33, I don't know what kind of target market you are aiming for... Definitely not mine.

Also, I know you are saying it is effort, but I would like to point out that Zeal's cables WITH LEDS sell for almost half the price.

I have lowered the price down to $30, as that was my initial lowest possible target for these cables being sold alone. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get them any cheaper. From trimming the mini USB down to give it a really sleek look and using two layers of heat shrink, I simply can't go any lower. I'm sorry you aren't able to get any.

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 23:18:26 »

I have lowered the price down to $30, as that was my initial lowest possible target for these cables being sold alone. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get them any cheaper. From trimming the mini USB down to give it a really sleek look and using two layers of heat shrink, I simply can't go any lower. I'm sorry you aren't able to get any.

I mean I'm sure someone wants this, but I am just making sure you know that the target market that seemed enthusiastic when the idea was originally proposed, is not the same target market that you are aiming for now. Which sucks for me, but hey, power to you!

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline Keyboardnoobb

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 07:50:40 »

I mean I'm sure someone wants this, but I am just making sure you know that the target market that seemed enthusiastic when the idea was originally proposed, is not the same target market that you are aiming for now. Which sucks for me, but hey, power to you!

I understand. I will say that when you add the gold connectors to the LED cord, the price is almost identical to mine. But as far as under cutting mimic, it just isn't smart to compete volume when it's such a niche market.

Offline Keyboardnoobb

Re: $20 UV Cables!
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:14:04 »
After much talking, I realized that people would rather have a cheaper cable than benefits like gold connectors, so at a much lower cost of $20, I hope those who are interested now have an opportunity to purchase them.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 16:07:59 »
What is the UV flashlight for?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:45:47 »
What is the UV flashlight for?

It was just an idea he had, and he gave up because it added too much to the actual price of the cable.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 11:19:10 »
your links don't work - they go through to a wix.com page where it has steps to attach your domain to the site you've made in wix.
I got boards.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 11:30:08 »
Looks like you gotta fix your domain redirect bruh. :b