geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

SHKB: HHKB-controller with USB-C and 3-port 3.0 HUB

<< < (14/15) > >>

nathanchere:

--- Quote from: Little4Real on Sun, 15 November 2020, 20:55:39 ---
--- Quote from: Applet on Fri, 13 November 2020, 04:20:16 ---
This PCB will unfortunately most likely not fit the Evija without modification, due to the USB-C-port on this PCB. Check the first image in this post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93970.msg2837834#msg2837834

--- End quote ---

I believe Xondat actually modified the Evija to support USB-C controllers

--- End quote ---

Re: supporting USB-C controllers, he also messed up and sent the wrong file for CNC without the USB hub ports and left it that way, so it won't support this regardless of the main connector. There is talk of an R2 with the originally intended USB hub ports if anyone is really aching for this combo.

Gondolindrim:
Hey @Applet check your DMs!

Applet:

--- Quote from: nathanchere on Wed, 24 November 2021, 08:22:40 ---Re: supporting USB-C controllers, he also messed up and sent the wrong file for CNC without the USB hub ports and left it that way, so it won't support this regardless of the main connector. There is talk of an R2 with the originally intended USB hub ports if anyone is really aching for this combo.

--- End quote ---
I talked a bit with Xondat regarding using this in the Evija and the latest revision should fit in regards to the USB-C connector (it's one of the reasons I replaced it), but like you say, it does not make much sense now without the cutouts for the hub. :'(

--- Quote from: Gondolindrim on Wed, 24 November 2021, 11:48:15 ---Hey @Applet check your DMs!

--- End quote ---
:cool:

Applet:
Short update:
I built the five protos I had ordered earlier this week. I had to reuse components from some old protos, since hubs, muxes, atmegas and one of the regulators is still OOS. So far, everything seems to be working good ;D

Unfortunately, I only had a thumbdrive at hand to test USB3, but at lest speed is > USB 2.0 on all boards. I'm test driving the latest revision in my HHKB I use daily at work. I'll update with some more pics and results when I've put it through its paces. I'll reach out to the people who have been supportive and vocal about getting/needing one of these next week, if testing is done and goes well. Thanks for having patience with this project.

Pic:

WhyYoureWelcomeSir:
Just stumbled across this thread while trying to find -any- in-stock remappable controller for my Pro 2... this is awesome! Very interested in buying if a GB happens - if it means waiting until the component shortage is over, so be it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version