Author Topic: Frankenstein the guts into it - Need help using innards of Logitech M570 - Cable  (Read 7081 times)

Offline HorizonHorizontal

Hi

I am currently in the process of making a new mouse. I think you are going to love it, keeping it under wraps for now but will reveal all once I've got it looking slick :cool:

I am using the workings of the Logitech M570 to test the concept. All it well I have taken the thing apart removed chips and all is going well. The only thing I need to to do is extend the Brown ribbon cable from the Trackball optic so I can have a longer reach back to the circuit board.

Any ideas on where I can get this cable from? What is is called, this would be a start!

Any ideas on other cable which could help me extend?

Any ideas on components to use to make the connector?

Failing this any one now of any wireless trackball mouses which use different cable which can be bought or a re mater from sturdier material?

All Help would be much appreciated. All suppliers of useful information will receive a mouse if / when I get it to mass production :-*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
i'm not sure.. 10 pin fpc extension you need to measure the pitch manually (width of pins/ connector)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Hi

I am currently in the process of making a new mouse. I think you are going to love it, keeping it under wraps for now but will reveal all once I've got it looking slick :cool:

I am using the workings of the Logitech M570 to test the concept. All it well I have taken the thing apart removed chips and all is going well. The only thing I need to to do is extend the Brown ribbon cable from the Trackball optic so I can have a longer reach back to the circuit board.

Any ideas on where I can get this cable from? What is is called, this would be a start!

Any ideas on other cable which could help me extend?

Any ideas on components to use to make the connector?

Failing this any one now of any wireless trackball mouses which use different cable which can be bought or a re mater from sturdier material?

All Help would be much appreciated. All suppliers of useful information will receive a mouse if / when I get it to mass production :-*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pin-to-10Pin-ZIF-1-0mm-connector-adapter-extension-flat-FFC-FPC-cable-extender-/192030842031

This here might be up your alley, although I'm unsure if that extension adapter will be too large or not.

Offline HorizonHorizontal

Hi Guys

Thank you so much for coming back to me on this.

so I've counted the pins 10...phew Width of ribbon is 5mm so this is 0.5mm pitch, great thanks for help.

If I get to production mouse or $30 dollars is yours

Regards,

Danny

Offline JianYang

By the looks of it, that looks like a custom made flex-pcb (perhaps rigid-flex, but most likely not). They are usually not cheap to make in low quantities, but with all the cheap PCB manufacturers in china nowadays, it might be possible.