Author Topic: [GB] OG Coil Cables - Ended, Extras Available  (Read 77260 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] OG Coil Cables - In US Customs
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:48:15 »
That's a bummer for those looking for a more beige tone, but that works out for me as I was planning on nabbing a leftover to use with my gray Jane.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:55:05 »
Can you post pics of gray and beige next to each other?

Well, unfortunately there's not a "grey and beige", there's just the single color that's meant to be beige.

Show Image

It does seem that the "beige" came out less saturated than I had expected from that RAL code, and direct lighting doesn't much help the coloration though in dimmer lighting it's a bit better.
I still like the color, but I'm hoping in the future it might be possible to get some true beige colored ones.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 15:21:07 »
I still like the color, but I'm hoping in the future it might be possible to get some true beige colored ones.

This is how I feel, too. Because yea, that's full on grey. That said, I have plenty of sets/boards it'd match so it's not a big deal to me at least. Here's hoping for actual beige ones later down the line!

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 15:54:21 »
If/when a R2 happens I'll be sure to have a more "true" beige option available since this one didn't turn out that way.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 00:26:40 »
If/when a R2 happens I'll be sure to have a more "true" beige option available since this one didn't turn out that way.

So, just to be clear, when you toss up leftovers there will be only black and gray, correct?
What I want to know is whether the beige is just a lighter gray, or there is no beige and there's only gray and black.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 00:52:27 »

So, just to be clear, when you toss up leftovers there will be only black and gray, correct?
What I want to know is whether the beige is just a lighter gray, or there is no beige and there's only gray and black.

There are only two colors available, the black and the "beige"/grey shown in the pics.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 00:53:19 »

There are only two colors available, the black and the "beige"/grey shown in the pics.

Perfect.
Thanks for your help, dc.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 00:55:00 »
Hey donut!

Thanks for the updates I agree with others atleast the grayish beige looks like a nice color.

How long are you expecting to assemble/ship them?

Thanks! :)
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #208 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 22:31:58 »
Ok, so here's what's happening with this currently.

I've gone through and inspected all three boxes of cables and they seem up to snuff. Two gimpy ones per color that weren't packed as tight as the rest due to the number of them and got slightly crushed out of straight, but that's what extras are for.

As an experiment, I hung one of the extras by the short end and left it hanging by it's own weight over night as a test of coil strength. 24hrs+ later it still springs back into shape with no visible distortion or weakness in the coils.

While the cables are awesomely thick, some of my current tools weren't quite up to the job of working on them. I've got a pair of coax strippers in the mail that will do a much better job of giving me clean cuts and strips on the cables.

To help keep the coils super springy, part of the customization I ordered was 22awg inner conductors instead of the usual 30-28awg that USB has. An unintended side effect of this is that the current batch of USB Mini connectors I have on hand(a result of a seller not actually selling what the item picture depicted) cannot fit the conductors without shorting. To fix this, I've ordered the pricier connectors that will be able to fit the 22awg conductors without issue. USB A, Micro, and C are not affected by this issue due to the layout of the solder points on those connectors.

The last thing I'm working on right now is finalizing how I'll be shipping the cables. I prefer to ship them without having them all bent out of straight, but due to their size finding the perfect packaging for this has been difficult. As part of finding decent quality boxes that will be good for shipping, I've currently got one of the extras in a box and sitting on my laptop power supply(toasty!) to simulate heat that the packages may encounter in shipping. After 1-2 days I'll open the box and see if any distortion happened due to the heat to decide if I feel good about these boxes I have or if I want to move to different ones.

I'm hoping that shipping times on the tools/connectors will be short so that I can dive right into working on these cables. If you're in the US and your order consisted of *only* unterminated cables, you'll most likely see a shipping invoice within the next week or so when I've got packaging nailed down and those orders ready to ship. For all of the orders, please bear with me while I'm working on this crucial part of the process on these cables. We've come so far and I really want these to make it to you guys as perfect as possible.

Edit: Also, I would like to remind everyone to make sure their shipping addresses are up to date in their PayPal. When I send out shipping invoices that's the address I'll be shipping to, not the one that was on the form for logistics mapping.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 July 2018, 22:59:56 by donutcat »

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [GB] OG Coil Cables - On Hand
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 05:13:21 »
Would you mind linking the conductors and connectors you're using for folks with unterminated cables?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 13:22:26 »
Thanks for the update, Donut.

Can you terminate cables with right-angle USB mini connectors?  The CA66 has a USB mini connector on the left side, instead of on the top edge -- it seems like a right angle connector might be a good option.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 13:45:58 »
Thanks for the update, Donut.

Can you terminate cables with right-angle USB mini connectors?  The CA66 has a USB mini connector on the left side, instead of on the top edge -- it seems like a right angle connector might be a good option.

Unfortunately there's no good DIY solution for right/left angle connectors currently since the only ones available are the cheapy plastic ones that are lacking in durability, have no secure attachment to the cable itself, and just don't look very nice.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:13:06 »
What about mine which will be terminating with a ps2 connector for OTD boards?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 22:47:37 »
Alright, so after leaving the aforementioned cable packed in a box sitting on my laptop brick to simulate heat since Saturday, I've opened it just a bit ago. The coiled portion at first seemed fine, but trying to lay it flat there is just the very slightest wave in it that I don't like. Also, the long straight side now has a noticeable curve in it compared to being mostly straight going in. Realistically it's not that bad, but I'm picky so I'll be testing some different sizes of shipping tubes over the next couple days to see what keeps the cables in mint condition in shipping. Additionally, I got my new cable strippers in today and it seems like they're going to give perfect cuts on the cable, so that's one obstacle out of the way of production.

What about mine which will be terminating with a ps2 connector for OTD boards?

There shouldn't be much, if any, delay on your cables compared to the other terminated ones.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:15:26 »
Alright, so the first shipping invoices have gone out this afternoon for the CONUS unterminated cables. I'm confident in this batch of boxes that I've chosen to use and I'll be looking forward to feedback from the recipients to confirm that the packaging works as well as my testing showed. Additionally, I've received my shipment of Mini connectors and as planned the internal layout of the connector will make it much easier to avoid shorts(even though they're comfy and easy to wear). I would like to remind people to please make sure their address in their PayPal is up to date before paying the shipping invoices since the PayPal address is what I'll be shipping to.

One other thing that I'd like to bring up that might be relevant to my estimated production timeline. A couple weeks back my grandfather had surgery on his foot to try and repair his crumbling bones. Due to that he's going to be in a cast and largely unable to move around on his own for the next 3-4 months. Because of this, quite a bit more of my time than usual is spent helping him move around, get in and out of bed and his chair, yard work at his house, and other things he's currently unable to do on his own while recovering. This means I have less time in a day to work on stuff than I used to and that I'm more often away from my workspace. I'm still planning on trying my best to be able to get these cables out in a reasonable amount of time, but I want to make people aware that I may not be able to stick to the original timeline, and I hope people will be understanding of that. If your order is time sensitive, ie you're moving soon, PM me and I'll see what we can work out, within reason.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:26:27 »
Alright, so the first shipping invoices have gone out this afternoon for the CONUS unterminated cables. I'm confident in this batch of boxes that I've chosen to use and I'll be looking forward to feedback from the recipients to confirm that the packaging works as well as my testing showed. Additionally, I've received my shipment of Mini connectors and as planned the internal layout of the connector will make it much easier to avoid shorts(even though they're comfy and easy to wear). I would like to remind people to please make sure their address in their PayPal is up to date before paying the shipping invoices since the PayPal address is what I'll be shipping to.

One other thing that I'd like to bring up that might be relevant to my estimated production timeline. A couple weeks back my grandfather had surgery on his foot to try and repair his crumbling bones. Due to that he's going to be in a cast and largely unable to move around on his own for the next 3-4 months. Because of this, quite a bit more of my time than usual is spent helping him move around, get in and out of bed and his chair, yard work at his house, and other things he's currently unable to do on his own while recovering. This means I have less time in a day to work on stuff than I used to and that I'm more often away from my workspace. I'm still planning on trying my best to be able to get these cables out in a reasonable amount of time, but I want to make people aware that I may not be able to stick to the original timeline, and I hope people will be understanding of that. If your order is time sensitive, ie you're moving soon, PM me and I'll see what we can work out, within reason.

Thanks for the update, and hope your grandfather is well soon. I look forward to the terminated cables.

Offline h9n9n3

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:30:31 »

Thanks for the update donutcable and I hope everything gets better for you.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 16:06:40 »

Thanks for the update donut and safe recoveries to your Grandpa. Family comes first always thanks for letting us know.

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 18:21:35 »

Best wishes for your grandfather, thanks for being open about the timeline.

For those of us getting unterminated cables, are there recommendations you can make on the connectors to use? It sounds like you've given it quite a lot of thought.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 20:39:22 »
Thanks for the kind words so far, and it's also much appreciated that y'all are being so understanding about this as well.

For those of us getting unterminated cables, are there recommendations you can make on the connectors to use? It sounds like you've given it quite a lot of thought.

I'm not sure what's necessarily the best in this case since working with materials this thick isn't something I've done before, but I'll show roughly what I'm going to be using:

- USB A - https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-USB-2-0-Type-A-4-Pin-Male-Three-Types-Plug-Connector-For-PC-DIY/170939237861?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
This is the same design as the connectors I buy in bulk. The solder cups are large and fairly easy to get even the 22ga wires on these cables into without shorting. The "flaps" won't quite reach around the outer insulation to crimp it, but I've had success crimping it around the inner conductors themselves, which are plenty strong for this use case, and I'll actually put a little bit of tape or heatshrink around the inner wires to add a bit more girth and insulation against possible shorts.

- USB Mini - https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-Mini-USB-5-Pin-Male-Socket-Connector-For-DIY/180896132386?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
This is the same design as my Mini connectors I order. With only three of the solder cups across the bottom it gives just that extra bit of spacing needed to avoid shorting, though a steady hand is still needed. When using this style though you also need to leave the D- line slightly longer than the other three to reach that upper 4th cup.

- USB Micro - https://www.alliedelec.com/keystone-electronics-941/70182298/
Finding Micro connectors with metal casings is hard, like so hard. So far these are the only ones I've found that I trust, but unfortunately they are a bit pricey. They also have a different pinout than other Micro connectors, something I had to learn the hard way when I first started using them. Same as with the Mini, only having three pads wide makes it much easier to deal with the larger than normal conductors in these cables.

- USB C - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=527443161621
Same as with Micro, it's hard as balls to find C connectors with metal housings, even more so C2.0, which is kinda why I wasn't able to. So far these are the best C2.0 connectors I've been able to find even though they're plastic housing. I have been able to get some samples of metal housings that might fit the inserts I have, but I'll need to test them on a cable first.

These are what I'll be trying to work with over the next couple weeks. I'm confident in them working, but I'll be letting everyone know if something doesn't work like I'm expecting it to.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 20:58:10 »
Thanks for the kind words so far, and it's also much appreciated that y'all are being so understanding about this as well.

I'm not sure what's necessarily the best in this case since working with materials this thick isn't something I've done before, but I'll show roughly what I'm going to be using:

- USB A - https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-USB-2-0-Type-A-4-Pin-Male-Three-Types-Plug-Connector-For-PC-DIY/170939237861?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
This is the same design as the connectors I buy in bulk. The solder cups are large and fairly easy to get even the 22ga wires on these cables into without shorting. The "flaps" won't quite reach around the outer insulation to crimp it, but I've had success crimping it around the inner conductors themselves, which are plenty strong for this use case, and I'll actually put a little bit of tape or heatshrink around the inner wires to add a bit more girth and insulation against possible shorts.

- USB Mini - https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-Mini-USB-5-Pin-Male-Socket-Connector-For-DIY/180896132386?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
This is the same design as my Mini connectors I order. With only three of the solder cups across the bottom it gives just that extra bit of spacing needed to avoid shorting, though a steady hand is still needed. When using this style though you also need to leave the D- line slightly longer than the other three to reach that upper 4th cup.

- USB Micro - https://www.alliedelec.com/keystone-electronics-941/70182298/
Finding Micro connectors with metal casings is hard, like so hard. So far these are the only ones I've found that I trust, but unfortunately they are a bit pricey. They also have a different pinout than other Micro connectors, something I had to learn the hard way when I first started using them. Same as with the Mini, only having three pads wide makes it much easier to deal with the larger than normal conductors in these cables.

- USB C - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=527443161621
Same as with Micro, it's hard as balls to find C connectors with metal housings, even more so C2.0, which is kinda why I wasn't able to. So far these are the best C2.0 connectors I've been able to find even though they're plastic housing. I have been able to get some samples of metal housings that might fit the inserts I have, but I'll need to test them on a cable first.

These are what I'll be trying to work with over the next couple weeks. I'm confident in them working, but I'll be letting everyone know if something doesn't work like I'm expecting it to.

Cheers, thanks for the tips  ^-^

Offline sodiumjoe

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 22:57:18 »
Best wishes, man! We can wait, they're just cables. Family definitely comes first.

Offline JP

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:01:41 »
This was my first purchase from you and I just want to say how much I appreciate these little updates.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 12:16:43 »
Received my unterminated cables today. Jacket material is excellent, but a bit stiff. Coils are even and have excellent rebound when stretched. Only improvement would be to have ends exit coil inline with the coil itself instead of perpendicular to it.

Overall very pleased. Thanks!

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 13:03:47 »
Received my unterminated cables today. Jacket material is excellent, but a bit stiff. Coils are even and have excellent rebound when stretched. Only improvement would be to have ends exit coil inline with the coil itself instead of perpendicular to it.

Glad to hear you like it! The coil end direction was a design choice since I wasn't sure if the stiffness of the coils would allow enough flex leading up to the board for people to angle the cable like they wanted and coming out sideways would allow them to lay along the back of the board quite easily. Also, how did the packaging work out? I'm hoping that it didn't cause any weird bends in the cables.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 22:14:59 »
More

Glad to hear you like it! The coil end direction was a design choice since I wasn't sure if the stiffness of the coils would allow enough flex leading up to the board for people to angle the cable like they wanted and coming out sideways would allow them to lay along the back of the board quite easily. Also, how did the packaging work out? I'm hoping that it didn't cause any weird bends in the cables.
Box work well. Cables were fine. The jacket is very resilient.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 14:40:08 »
Small update, I got 15 cables shipped out the past week and another almost 14 orders that are ready to be packed and are waiting on some last testing to make sure they're good to go before they're shipped. Just a heads up that progress this coming week may be a little slower since I have to get Heck-keys packed and shipped, though that should just be a matter of a few days.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 14:53:49 »
Small update, I got 15 cables shipped out the past week and another almost 14 orders that are ready to be packed and are waiting on some last testing to make sure they're good to go before they're shipped. Just a heads up that progress this coming week may be a little slower since I have to get Heck-keys packed and shipped, though that should just be a matter of a few days.
Thanks for the update.

Have some terminated cables started being shipped yet?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 17:35:58 »

Neat, how many total cables were ordered again?

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 12:04:21 »
I'm assuming we'll all be getting shipping invoices when our cables are ready to be sent? Haven't gotten one yet.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 14:18:01 »
I'm assuming we'll all be getting shipping invoices when our cables are ready to be sent? Haven't gotten one yet.

Yes, you'll receive a shipping invoice when your cable is ready to go out the door.

Neat, how many total cables were ordered again?

Approximately 260, my largest order to date for any single item.

In other news, apologies for the lack of updates. Last week was just a complete mob of irl things that needed to be done between bills, groceries, dr visits, pharmacy visits, computer replacement, data migration, etc, as well as working on shipping Heck-keys, which at 187 units are my current 2nd largest order I've had to fulfill, and I'm pretty sure I ended up out doing things more of the time last week than I was in the house due to everything that needed doing out of town, and I just wasn't able to keep up with stuff online nearly as much as I usually try to. Even today I was up before 8 and out of the house until 2, and then almost immediately had to bring today's batch of Heck-keys to the post office. One thing I hadn't counted on was my brothers being at band camp for several weeks leaving me to be the only one to stay with my granddad during the day when my grandmother has to go do things, so that does eat into production time as well. I hate having to have all this stuff affect my ability to get work done because it feels bad to me that I'm not getting done as much as I should be, but I am very much appreciative to people being understanding about it all.

For updates this week I am still working my way through single orders as much as I can with the time I have. Even the new connectors aren't the easiest to make work with this custom cable, so I'm having to spend more time per cable making sure everything inside the connector is basically perfect with no chance of shorting between the much larger than normal conductors before I'm confident in calling them complete. Good news is I'm getting better each one I'm doing and am able to adapt my workflow to cut down time as I'm going, so I'm hoping for an increase in production speed when I have the time to commit. Thanks again to everyone who's been so understanding and supportive, I'm really hoping to give you guys essentially perfect cables after this is done.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 16:27:43 »
Paid my shipping invoice. The mailing address will correspond to the ones on PayPal at the time of payment, right? If so, :thumb:

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 17:23:24 »
Paid my shipping invoice. The mailing address will correspond to the ones on PayPal at the time of payment, right? If so, :thumb:

Yes, cables are shipped to the address on PayPal when you pay the shipping invoice.

Status update for this week: slightly more time on my hands so 15 cables made and shipping invoiced over the past 3 days with 12 of them being the past 2. The past 7 or so I haven't even had to adjust after testing, so maybe I'm actually getting good at dealing with the intricacies of forcing these mammoth cables into normal USB connections. I'm hoping to continue with the trend of at least 6 a day when I've got time. Each cable taking ~50mins each to complete means it does take a decent amount of time to get several out per day.

One thing I'd like to touch on, please keep an eye out for your shipping invoices. Not paying your shipping invoices takes up my time keep and eye on your order for payment and means I have boxes stacking up that I have to keep track of as well as try not to trip over in my already space-lacking room. Because of this if you don't respond in four days I'll use your cable to fulfill another order(if possible) and move your order down in the queue(how far down depends on how long you take to pay after the four day mark.)

On to the less-good news. Unfortunately absolutely none of the C connector variations I have fit this combination of thick af cable and inner wires. Variant 1 has pads large enough to deal with the larger conductors but the shell physically cannot fit onto the cable itself, making it impossible to solder the connector on. Variant 2 has a metal shell that doesn't need to be slid on, but uses very thinly spaced pads that are already super hard to fit 28ga wires on, nvm 24/22ga. Unfortunately I can't swap the connector inserts between shells because the notches in the metal shell that hold the insert don't have a mating notch in the other insert, so trying to plug them into something just results in the insert sliding into the shell instead of the device. This is an absolute pain in the ass to deal with and I've been taking time since I found this out to search for new connectors that are some sort of hybrid of these two, but so far no dice, though I'll continue looking for the time being. If anyone here ordered a C cable, please contact me if you think you may want to switch connectors or terminations in the interest of perhaps getting your order sooner since currently I'm working through all of the non-C orders to keep up my production schedule.

As always, thanks so much for your patience and understanding so far as I continue to work on getting your orders to you.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 21:25:09 »
Thanks for the update.  Excited to see these in person.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline JP

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:17:23 »
Thanks for the updates again. It kind of sounds like USB-C won't be feasible. I mean if folks start changing their orders then is it viable if only a minority with USB-C orders remain? It kind of sucks since I bought some USB-C extension cables so might have to buy new ones with another connector type. I'm not in a big hurry so I think I will wait it out and as a worst case I can change my order if it comes down to it.

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:21:16 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:32:37 »
I'd be interested in a black or beige cable if there are any extras :)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 13:25:51 »
Thanks for the updates again. It kind of sounds like USB-C won't be feasible. I mean if folks start changing their orders then is it viable if only a minority with USB-C orders remain? It kind of sucks since I bought some USB-C extension cables so might have to buy new ones with another connector type. I'm not in a big hurry so I think I will wait it out and as a worst case I can change my order if it comes down to it.

Even if there's only a few people with C orders after it's over I'll still try my best to find something that'll work out for them. Currently I'm still browsing through manufacturers and digging through datasheets to find something that'll work with these absolute unit cables.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 16:57:38 »
Hey Donut,

Just want to say thank you for the timely and frequent updates.

As discussed on Discord, I've submitted a request to change from USB C to Mini :)

Can't wait for the cable.

Thx,
hayt

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 17:54:22 »
Been out of the loop. What is the latest on the initial orders and opening of sloppy seconds? DC doesn't have to answer; can be anyone. Too lazy to read the last couple o' pages of the thread.

Offline hgoel89

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 12:12:07 »
Hi DC,

Can you please provide ETA on Asia orders? I never got shipping invoice

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 15:27:33 »
Hi DC,

Can you please provide ETA on Asia orders? I never got shipping invoice

Shipping invoices haven't gone out for Asia yet. I'm hoping to finish up the current CONUS orders in one more week and then moving onto proxy orders. If this sample of C connectors that I've ordered works with the cables then I'll aim for getting orders completed and shipped to the proxy(assuming there's no issues with payment) around two weeks after that, so an estimated three weeks total. I will have to start working on ScrabblePad and budget96 orders starting soon, so I'm hoping that working on those won't impact my timeline too much.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 15:43:06 »
Got my cable on monday, everything is fine, packaging, quality etc. Got what I expected. Thanks donut.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 16:08:02 »
Got my cable on monday, everything is fine, packaging, quality etc. Got what I expected. Thanks donut.

Really glad you like it, especially where they're more of a time/effort investment than I anticipated.

Offline ullr

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 16:36:10 »
Is it possible to shave some material off one end to fit a USB-C connector?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 16:45:00 »
Is it possible to shave some material off one end to fit a USB-C connector?

I've starting thinking about this given the connector options, but I'm not quite sure how I'd be able to do it cleanly and consistently.

Offline Rak8886

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 19:30:11 »
Pm'd you about my order.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 11:04:18 »
Payment for shipping sent  :)
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline befbef

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 15:27:30 »
If it's possible I would drop or transfer my spot. I ordered beige with USB-C connector.

Offline wowremy

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 15:44:05 »
Still havent received a shipping invoice for US order. Should I have?

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 21:20:49 »
Just got mine, and was marveling at the box it was shipped in before I opened it, and understood *why*... This thing is straight up THICK and huge. Coil section is length of a 1800/full-size keyboard.

Frankly speaking with no doubt, the "beige" is actually a grey in person, but still goes well with the vintage OG colorways in general.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT