Author Topic: [IC] POM Alice Case - PCB Info Available!  (Read 54324 times)

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
Re: [IC] POM Alice Case
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:18:00 »

Ive made quite a few pom alices, and let me tell you, I regret it..  The material is a pain to work with, hard to purchase in usable condition, and the post processing acetal pom requires once it was cut was insane, thats why I quit.

If I can help in anyway please let me know, but my advice would be to get the pom machined out of a solid block, othewise you are going to run into the same issues I did where sourcing material flat enough for the laser could be a problem.

Wow, I was unaware of this! I am going to be sourcing high quality sheets for this, but I had no idea about the flatness issue. Could you send me a DM on Discord (eniigma#0683), or leave your username here?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Peripheral | Switch Couture®#7777

Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline dnmtbr

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:27:22 »
This is a direct copy of the gb homerowco is running right now.  He has had a pom lubrigante prototype for some time already.

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:32:58 »
Color options are colored acrylic in any color you can think of :^)

You do know there is a GB running right now that is exactly that, it's hard to miss because it's the GB from which you took above pictures from, technically.

Link?

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:37:15 »
Link?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100233.0

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1uU5OIFzD/

I just want someone to confirm to me that if a design is open source that there is no limit on how many GBs can run. I always go by the unspoken rule that if one GB runs, you wait for that one to finish before you do your own and at least inquire about the status with the current GB runner.

Either or, if it is okay to run multiple GBs at the same time of the same project, I would be okay with that too - IF the community is okay with that. I mean I have here POM prototypes, ready for a GB, waiting for once current GB is shipped out (1-3 weeks from now).
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:44:52 by homerowco »

Offline NOLA

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:41:13 »

Colored transparent acrylic? Meh. What about the white and black POM? I'd rather the solid poly over the transparent acrylic. IMO transparent acrylic cases look cheap. I thought you could do POM colors?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:46:40 »

You do know there is a GB running right now that is exactly that, it's hard to miss because it's the GB from which you took above pictures from, technically.
I wasn't aware the pictures above were from the group buy. The majority of pictures are from the page for Zambunon's Lubrigante page, which is an open-sourced design so anyone can reproduce it. The reason I asked that question was because I was curious to see if people were more interested in acrylic. Anyways, I see where you are coming from. 

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:49:14 »

Colored transparent acrylic? Meh. What about the white and black POM? I'd rather the solid poly over the transparent acrylic. IMO transparent acrylic cases look cheap. I thought you could do POM colors?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
POM colors is extremely difficult to do, and I doubt I'll be able to find out how to do it. If you are interested, you could probably paint a white POM case with spray paint or something, but the inconsistencies with a little bit of QC could easily become a nightmare.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:50:03 »
IMO needs the gamer bump.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:54:31 »
Link?

I just want someone to confirm to me that if a design is open source that there is no limit on how many GBs can run. I always go by the unspoken rule that if one GB runs, you wait for that one to finish before you do your own and at least inquire about the status with the current GB runner.

Either or, if it is okay to run multiple GBs at the same time of the same project, I would be okay with that too - IF the community is okay with that. I mean I have here POM prototypes, ready for a GB, waiting for once current GB is shipped out (1-3 weeks from now).
First off, I would like to clear up the license on the Lubrigante: anyone can use it as long as you give proper credit.

Now to homerowco: I wasn't aware that you were running a group buy for literally the same thing. I want to appologize for that. The unspoken rule that you speak of is something that I can relate to, but this being a POM case, I think they are still different products aimed at different markets. That being said, I would still like to talk to you about what could be done here (because you clearly have experience running GBs here and this is my first rodeo). Hopefully we can work something out! I would appreciate it if you could reach out to me on discord eniigma#6083.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:06:06 »
Link?

I think it would be a little unchill to run two gb for the same thing on the same timeline (like say order collection both happening at the same time) but i don't see how this situation is an issue. I can't jump in a time machine and join your April gb.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:18:34 »
I think it would be a little unchill to run two gb for the same thing on the same timeline (like say order collection both happening at the same time) but i don't see how this situation is an issue. I can't jump in a time machine and join your April gb.

So as long as it does not collide, like let say it's way ahead or month behind, that is okay? Honest question - because I really do want to get the timing here right without pissing anyone off.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:21:34 »
I can't jump in a time machine and join your April gb.

Yeah, I'm on board for this. Given that it's open source I don't see a problem with people churning out releases for these PCB's/Cases.

In answer to the questions from the previous page:

1. Would you guys like me to speak to ProjectKeyboard about adding a PCB for $30-40 higher (estimate)?
Yes.

2. If you guys want other colors/materials, what would they be?
Transparent purple would be  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. Would you guys be interested in a two-tone POM case (with a white diffuser layer)?
Indifferent.

4. How many of you guys are in favor of using the original 'V' shape of the Alice as opposed to the more compact, flat version I proposed?
100% yes.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:22:01 »

So as long as it does not collide, like let say it's way ahead or month behind, that is okay? Honest question - because I really do want to get the timing here right without pissing anyone off.

I don't see an issue with running them one after he other so long as it's not a surprise. For example, if it were two IC and one opened fb earlier and the other later I am fine with that. I think simultaneous gb are just part of the game when it's not an original design and in the end it's better for the community since it gives more opportunities for people to buy.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:36:45 »
I don't see an issue with running them one after he other so long as it's not a surprise. For example, if it were two IC and one opened fb earlier and the other later I am fine with that. I think simultaneous gb are just part of the game when it's not an original design and in the end it's better for the community since it gives more opportunities for people to buy.

So if I'd run an IC now and then run a GB 2 weeks from now that's open for for lets say a week, then i'd still be 1.5 month ahead of the next GB and that would be perfectly fine? If that is so I might just do it because the dollar is strong, buying the POM now is way cheaper for me right now.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:43:22 »

So if I'd run an IC now and then run a GB 2 weeks from now that's open for for lets say a week, then i'd still be 1.5 month ahead of the next GB and that would be perfectly fine? If that is so I might just do it because the dollar is strong, buying the POM now is way cheaper for me right now.

Yeah that works for me and for sure strike while the dollar is strong.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:50:41 »
Another thing I forgot to mention: the lead time will be 2-3 months (sorry typo).

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 August 2019, 19:39:11 by eniigma »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 20:03:20 »
Homerowco (or keebs) has run a group buy for an acrylic Alice clone, which hasn’t shipped yet. I am planning on running this group buy, but he wants to run his group buy first, so he plans on running his interest check and group buy in the next two weeks.
I have three things to say to this:
Anyone can make a prototype. That doesn’t guarantee rights to the group buy first.
homerowco told me about the “unspoken rules”, but I have a few things to say to this. I don’t think it’s right to run an interest check and a group buy for the same exact thing before I run mine, because I put out the IC first. Everyone knows very well that sales for this would be utterly cannibalized if homerowco ran his first.
“The strength of the dollar” isn’t a good enough reason to try to one-up my group buy. The same can be said about me, what incentive will there be for me to run a GB if the dollar is “weak”?
I recognize the idea isn’t mine, nor is it yours. Neither of us have a monopoly on it, yutski and Zambumon (partially) do. The design is open sourced. But running back to back group buys for the same keyboard in different configurations and crushing the competition for a quick buck seems unethical to me.

In light of some incidents being brought to my attention (thanks ____, you know who you are), I am going to be accelerating the timeline of this project. The group buy will be held in the next 1-2 weeks, and production will be 2-3 months (at the maximum, likely much less).

Nothing in this post is meant to be scathing or rude, just my opinion and the next steps for this group buy.

I’m logging off for tonight, will reply to other questions tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who is supporting this project!

Offline Tree_

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 21:07:15 »

Offline NoQuarter

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 22:29:51 »
Thanks everyone for all the support so far!
Based on the form responses, I have a few follow up questions I would appreciate if you guys could answer.
1. Would you guys like me to speak to ProjectKeyboard about adding a PCB for $30-40 higher (estimate)?
3. Would you guys be interested in a two-tone POM case (with a white diffuser layer)?
4. How many of you guys are in favor of using the original 'V' shape of the Alice as opposed to the more compact, flat version I proposed?
Thanks everyone!

I don't really see a problem with running this GB, since homerowco's gb is closed at this point

1. No PCB included, or give us an option to only buy the case. Project has run r2 and is currently running r3 on his site
2. I prefer dark colors, such as black or blue. Matte would also be preferable, but I do not know if that is possible with POM
3. More options are always nice
4. I like the V shape of the Alice. It sticks out and makes it look more unique. The compact version, while it makes sense as far as ease of carrying, looks kinda bland imo

Also, I do think the screws should only be at the bottom. Have holes or screws at the top is not a very please asthetic
Thanks for running this IC

Offline calveeen

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:18:07 »
(1) I actually would love for an option to have the PCB included, since it makes things way more convenient! Pretty please :>

(4) Alice V shape please!!! imo that's what makes the board iconic

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:21:21 »
Homerowco (or keebs) has run a group buy for an acrylic Alice clone, which hasn’t shipped yet. I am planning on running this group buy, but he wants to run his group buy first, so he plans on running his interest check and group buy in the next two weeks.
Anyone can make a prototype. That doesn’t guarantee rights to the group buy first.
homerowco told me about the “unspoken rules”, but I have a few things to say to this. I don’t think it’s right to run an interest check and a group buy for the same exact thing before I run mine, because I put out the IC first. Everyone knows very well that sales for this would be utterly cannibalized if homerowco ran his first.
“The strength of the dollar” isn’t a good enough reason to try to one-up my group buy. The same can be said about me, what incentive will there be for me to run a GB if the dollar is “weak”?
I recognize the idea isn’t mine, nor is it yours. Neither of us have a monopoly on it, yutski and Zambumon (partially) do. The design is open sourced. But running back to back group buys for the same keyboard in different configurations and crushing the competition for a quick buck seems unethical to me.

In light of some incidents being brought to my attention (thanks ____, you know who you are), I am going to be accelerating the timeline of this project. The group buy will be held in the next 1-2 weeks, and production will be 2-3 months (at the maximum, likely much less).

Nothing in this post is meant to be scathing or rude, just my opinion and the next steps for this group buy.

Dear Sir,

In order to summarize your argument for your right to run the GB, you are claiming these points:

1. Priority of posting IC before HomeRowCo
2. Priority of obtaining prototype by HomeRowCo is not valid since anyone can make a prototype

The same could be said that anyone could post an IC with renders (in fact, it is easier to make renders than to make actual prototypes). I have seen a fair share of ICe that did not take off to GBs, and I have seen a fair share of prototypes made without a commitment for a definite GB as well. But for the sake of argument, lets say that both arguments by both parties are equally valid.

3. Strength of dollar is not a valid argument since it goes both ways for both parties
4. Since Alice is open-sourced, it cannot be claimed exclusively by other parties.

Given your arguments that “unspoken rules” can be disregarded,
That means to say HomeRowCo is allowed to run his GB independently of yours right?

I would like to ask the respected elders and moderators in the community if his arguments are in the best interests of the community if vendors are allowed to cannibalize each other’s sales and if a peaceful solution can be met between both vendors in the interest of the community.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:39:18 by BserLarry »

Offline lukelex

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:47:14 »
Can we stop this nonsense and let people run their GBs as they see fit?

This is an open source design and **** unspoken rules.

Lets throw both in a metaphorical cage and see who comes out victorious. AKA let them both run their GB's at their own pace and leisure and buyers will vote with their money.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:57:51 »
Is it being considered to only have it screw in from bottom? Top screws showing irk me.
You should be able to do whichever you want, but I will have some high quality screws for sure. Now I'm thinking having it screw in through the bottom is a better option.

Confirmed: Screws through the top are irksome. I want one either way, and appreciate you running this GB, but screws through the bottom would look so much nicer.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:47:31 »

Dear Sir,

In order to summarize your argument for your right to run the GB, you are claiming these points:

1. Priority of posting IC before HomeRowCo
2. Priority of obtaining prototype by HomeRowCo is not valid since anyone can make a prototype

The same could be said that anyone could post an IC with renders (in fact, it is easier to make renders than to make actual prototypes). I have seen a fair share of ICe that did not take off to GBs, and I have seen a fair share of prototypes made without a commitment for a definite GB as well. But for the sake of argument, lets say that both arguments by both parties are equally valid.

3. Strength of dollar is not a valid argument since it goes both ways for both parties
4. Since Alice is open-sourced, it cannot be claimed exclusively by other parties.

Given your arguments that “unspoken rules” can be disregarded,
That means to say HomeRowCo is allowed to run his GB independently of yours right?

I would like to ask the respected elders and moderators in the community if his arguments are in the best interests of the community if vendors are allowed to cannibalize each other’s sales and if a peaceful solution can be met between both vendors in the interest of the community.
First off, thank you for expressing your opinion here.

The arguments you made are valid, but you are ignoring a key point.

You specifically mentioned that "if we disregard the unspoken rules" but this is a key part of the argument. 

First, he came to my IC thread and started telling me about ethics and "unspoken rules". I deeply appologized, and thought we could privately come to a solution. I left my Discord name and urged him to contact me. I hoped we could work something out, possibly even work together, giving the community a higher quality product. He completely ignored that request and proceeded to announce on his discord and on my IC thread that he is running his GB for the same thing in two weeks.

If a POM Alice is really what everyone wants, then you and I know very well that sales for this are going to be utterly cannibalized by his GB.

That's not what really irks me though; he comes to MY interest check thread, lectures me about morals and "unspoken rules" while doing that same thing himself.

He hasn't even furfilled all the orders from his previous group buy, and he is already thinking of starting another one.
It's pretty clear to me that he's doing this for a quick buck. A keyboard business is based on the idea of helping the community with limited, high quality products, while a money-making business is based on supply and demand. It's pretty clear to me what his intentions are. I don't see how he intends to deliver a high quality product while planning two group buys simultaneously.

You are correct in saying that no one has a monopoly on the design, and we can run our buys independently of each other. But scolding me about morals and then plugging his own GB in my IC thread is just inexcusable.

Again thanks for your comment, and this is just my opinion.

Nothing here is meant to be scathing, I just think it's time someone is honest with the community.

TLDR: Hypocrisy is real.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:48:51 »
Is it being considered to only have it screw in from bottom? Top screws showing irk me.
You should be able to do whichever you want, but I will have some high quality screws for sure. Now I'm thinking having it screw in through the bottom is a better option.

Confirmed: Screws through the top are irksome. I want one either way, and appreciate you running this GB, but screws through the bottom would look so much nicer.
I will try my best to make this happen

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:50:55 »
Can we stop this nonsense and let people run their GBs as they see fit?

This is an open source design and **** unspoken rules.

Lets throw both in a metaphorical cage and see who comes out victorious. AKA let them both run their GB's at their own pace and leisure and buyers will vote with their money.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
+1

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:53:14 »
Thanks everyone for all the support so far!
Based on the form responses, I have a few follow up questions I would appreciate if you guys could answer.
Thanks everyone!

I don't really see a problem with running this GB, since homerowco's gb is closed at this point

1. No PCB included, or give us an option to only buy the case. Project has run r2 and is currently running r3 on his site
2. I prefer dark colors, such as black or blue. Matte would also be preferable, but I do not know if that is possible with POM
3. More options are always nice
4. I like the V shape of the Alice. It sticks out and makes it look more unique. The compact version, while it makes sense as far as ease of carrying, looks kinda bland imo

Also, I do think the screws should only be at the bottom. Have holes or screws at the top is not a very please asthetic
Thanks for running this IC
Thanks for the kind words!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:53:31 »
(1) I actually would love for an option to have the PCB included, since it makes things way more convenient! Pretty please :>

(4) Alice V shape please!!! imo that's what makes the board iconic
Noted!

Offline Tequila_Heineken

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 08:19:21 »
Will the PCB be usb-c?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 08:23:55 »
Will the PCB be usb-c?
The PCB from ProjectKeyboadd is USB Mini

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 08:37:00 »
It's actually insane how much has happened and continues to happen because Yuktsi was nice enough to allow anyone to use his design for the Alice. I can definitely see why it's this popular, if anything because I too have grown very attached to the layout over the months of using mine, but it's still crazy.

Polycarb, acrylic, different acrylic, slightly different polycarb design, UHMW, POM, big runs, small runs, private buys, one offs, good intentions, bad intentions. Not saying it's the case here specifically, but it kinda is amusing that no one wants to overstep and run an aluminium clone but seemingly all sorts of plastics are just free for all banana republic. Once that's exchausted maybe we'll see a full brass version, that'll be the day.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 08:47:22 »
It's actually insane how much has happened and continues to happen because Yuktsi was nice enough to allow anyone to use his design for the Alice. I can definitely see why it's this popular, if anything because I too have grown very attached to the layout over the months of using mine, but it's still crazy.

Polycarb, acrylic, different acrylic, slightly different polycarb design, UHMW, POM, big runs, small runs, private buys, one offs, good intentions, bad intentions. Not saying it's the case here specifically, but it kinda is amusing that no one wants to overstep and run an aluminium clone but seemingly all sorts of plastics are just free for all banana republic. Once that's exchausted maybe we'll see a full brass version, that'll be the day.

If that's what you're into, I guess I have something up my sleeve :D

Also, there are many private GBs that are making alu clones

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 08:53:51 »

I mean are the files for the CNC released or only the acrylic one?  I only see Yutski giving the files for the Acrylic Alice. If there is one that i can just give to a manufacturer i probably can do some stuff and maybe start a GB for a aluminium one.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 09:04:34 »
I made the files and based them on the acrylic dimensions

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 09:34:22 »
Okay, another poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/18520641

Do people want a spacer in the top hole of the board? It wouldn't really do anything other than a e s t h e t i c.

Or is a flush, black on black look better?

POM can be self-tapping so a spacer shouldn't be necessary (as long as you don't screw too aggressively).

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 15:51:53 »
I support this. Will be adding this IC link to my PCB R3 pages. Goodluck and ignore the drama.

Edit:
If you need help with the CAD files, shoot me a PM.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2019, 15:56:56 by onefivenine »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 16:21:29 »
I support this. Will be adding this IC link to my PCB R3 pages. Goodluck and ignore the drama.
Thanks. It's hard to ignore but I will will address it in the GB thread.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:43:19 by eniigma »

Offline zekth

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 17:31:17 »
Account created 3 weeks earlier. Already in a drama. Good job man :thumb:

Also this is making people confident to give you the money for the GB. Just sayin

Offline packleadercho

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 17:37:41 »
Now that the dust has settled a bit, I had some questions about the logistics of the GB. I noticed that this IC is moving along quite fast (you mentioned you're planning to start the GB in 72 hours) and I was wondering if you'd consider taking the time to produce prototypes. I know quick IC's that result in successful GB's aren't uncommon but I understand you're new to doing a public GB and I don't think it's a bad thing to take it slow.

I think the fact that you're working with a material you're unfamiliar with is also another reason to consider a slower approach.

I hope this doesn't come across as skepticism towards your ability to do a successful GB run; it's just even experienced GB runners encounter issues as they prototype and I think it could be a benefit for this GB. I'm excited for everything you've offered in the IC thus far and I really appreciate how active you've been about communicating.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline dnmtbr

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 17:46:56 »
Agreed.  Moving up your timeline to try and beat someone with way more experience makes me way less inclined to give you money.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:04:52 »
Thanks. It's hard to ignore but I will start the GB very soon (as in like within 72 hours!!) and will address it there.

No need to rush my dude. Laser cutting POM is not as easy as one would think. +1 on prototype first

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:39:57 »

Account created 3 weeks earlier. Already in a drama. Good job man :thumb:

Also this is making people confident to give you the money for the GB. Just sayin

Thanks for the perspective!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:42:46 »

Now that the dust has settled a bit, I had some questions about the logistics of the GB. I noticed that this IC is moving along quite fast (you mentioned you're planning to start the GB in 72 hours) and I was wondering if you'd consider taking the time to produce prototypes. I know quick IC's that result in successful GB's aren't uncommon but I understand you're new to doing a public GB and I don't think it's a bad thing to take it slow.

I think the fact that you're working with a material you're unfamiliar with is also another reason to consider a slower approach.

I hope this doesn't come across as skepticism towards your ability to do a successful GB run; it's just even experienced GB runners encounter issues as they prototype and I think it could be a benefit for this GB. I'm excited for everything you've offered in the IC thus far and I really appreciate how active you've been about communicating.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, I totally agree with you here. I would love to make a prototype first, as I know that it would be a huge confidence boost to a large number of buyers, myself being a new seller and all.

My only reason for concern was that *someone* wants to beat me to the GB stage, and apparently nothing can get in his way.

But I agree with you there, this being my first time, I should take my time and get it right. Thanks for the good advice. I will edit that comment. I will likely start to GB when I originally intended to.

I just hope that buyers don't flock to keebs GB. *sigh*

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:46:20 »
Thanks. It's hard to ignore but I will start the GB very soon (as in like within 72 hours!!) and will address it there.

No need to rush my dude. Laser cutting POM is not as easy as one would think. +1 on prototype first
Noted! See above ^. Also, I'm going to send you an email soon regarding selling extra PCBs with the GB, so look out for that!
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:48:25 by eniigma »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:48:49 »
Agreed.  Moving up your timeline to try and beat someone with way more experience makes me way less inclined to give you money.
Alright, thanks for letting me know!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:51:34 »
I updated the pricing in the main post, for anyone interested. I negotiated a bit with the factory, and was able to lower the price.

Also, I removed the hardware from the base kit to be slightly more competitive, but even with it, the price is less than the estimate.

I hope to deliver you all a high quality product when the group buy runs, and thanks for everyone who brought me back to my senses and told me to slow down the timeline

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 22:43:09 »
I updated the pricing in the main post, for anyone interested. I negotiated a bit with the factory, and was able to lower the price.

Also, I removed the hardware from the base kit to be slightly more competitive, but even with it, the price is less than the estimate.

I hope to deliver you all a high quality product when the group buy runs, and thanks for everyone who brought me back to my senses and told me to slow down the timeline

Yeah fam, this is a no brainer at 140. It's stealing at 100 xD

Count me in

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 01:38:35 »
Heard good things about peripheral installer's boards. This is interesting.

Offline .

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:18:37 »
Heard good things about peripheral installer's boards. This is interesting.
But this is eniigma?

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 08:01:14 »
This is a direct copy of the gb homerowco is running right now.  He has had a pom lubrigante prototype for some time already.

So what, I was making and selling pom alices before Keebs ever had a prototype, you didnt see me accusing  him of "directly copying' me..  I could care less, we should be encouraging each other, not trying to lay claim to something none of us came up with..  AT this point, running a buy with the alice layout is no different from running a buy with a tkl layout, its become standardized, time to get over it and move on with the times..
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer