Author Topic: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments  (Read 161947 times)

Offline lukelex

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 07:04:06 »
Does anyone have ANY update on Tesletron at all? I've been waiting for him to ship my keyboard for around 5-6 months now to no avail.
No updates. Is it a custom commission or a Lumina?

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk

It's from a small GB for a board called Baguette,the board's been ready for like 6 months.All he has to do is ship.
RIP baguette

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk

Offline Starius

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 10:53:38 »
Makes me sad to think I may have lost money on this one.
A hard lesson to learn, and a reminder that every GB is a gamble.

Offline Tobu

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 12:32:35 »
Makes me sad to think I may have lost money on this one.
A hard lesson to learn, and a reminder that every GB is a gamble.

Same =[. Was really looking forward to this keyboard

Offline Deep

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 14:02:11 »
i mean this is mass scale theft, its undeniable this is a crime. why haven't we made a joined effort in reporting this thief?

Offline Tobu

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 14:08:40 »
i mean this is mass scale theft, its undeniable this is a crime. why haven't we made a joined effort in reporting this thief?

I think there were a few people mentioning doing just that on the discord channel for this group buy a few weeks ago.

Offline Deep

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 14:14:31 »
yeah that was me  :D

Offline Tobu

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 14:24:12 »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:43:45 »
yah screw telestron. what a coward

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #358 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 21:29:20 »
I remember being bummed that I missed this GB...

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #359 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 17:41:48 »

I think there were a few people mentioning doing just that on the discord channel for this group buy a few weeks ago.

I'm working on a dispute with my credit card company. Once that's approved I'll try to contact law enforcement and get them involved.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 13:37:09 »
Hello all,

Please feel free to join the 'lumina refugees' server, created in order to keep all participants in contact and allow people with active disputes to share their experience and possibly help others.

I heard from Tes again today, and we're working on a new method of getting *something* out to gb participants. Having worked closely with Tes since this gb went downhill, I'm confident that he is not a thief, and this gb was not created to steal your money. Rather, the gb was horribly mismanaged and ran out of capital before completion. For the participants, this is hardly a distinction considering you are all still empty handed. But it does mean that Tes is still sitting on a lot of material and components which can be leveraged to mitigate everyone's losses in this gb; and he is working with me on a solution.

If you're actively disputing or if you feel that disputing is the right choice for you, please do proceed with it, but I do ask that the participants consider hearing us out before disputing en masse. We're meeting tonight and will have a proposal for you guys as soon as possible.

I am also a participant of this gb; 450$ out. But I believe this gb is in some way salvageable. If the time comes that our salvage ideas don't work out, and disputes are literally the only possible way forward, I will be there to encourage and assist the participants in taking that measure.

Stay tuned on this. Updates will likely not be posted here, but will be in discord.

https://discord.gg/RzaVa77

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 13:49:33 »
Hello all,

Please feel free to join the 'lumina refugees' server, created in order to keep all participants in contact and allow people with active disputes to share their experience and possibly help others.

I heard from Tes again today, and we're working on a new method of getting *something* out to gb participants. Having worked closely with Tes since this gb went downhill, I'm confident that he is not a thief, and this gb was not created to steal your money. Rather, the gb was horribly mismanaged and ran out of capital before completion. For the participants, this is hardly a distinction considering you are all still empty handed. But it does mean that Tes is still sitting on a lot of material and components which can be leveraged to mitigate everyone's losses in this gb; and he is working with me on a solution.

If you're actively disputing or if you feel that disputing is the right choice for you, please do proceed with it, but I do ask that the participants consider hearing us out before disputing en masse. We're meeting tonight and will have a proposal for you guys as soon as possible.

I am also a participant of this gb; 450$ out. But I believe this gb is in some way salvageable. If the time comes that our salvage ideas don't work out, and disputes are literally the only possible way forward, I will be there to encourage and assist the participants in taking that measure.

Stay tuned on this. Updates will likely not be posted here, but will be in discord.

You 'heard from tes today'? Why doesn't he post himself? Also, not all of us use discord. Regardless, when you speak of a new method to getting something out to ALL PARTICIPANTS, that includes everyone involved in the group buy, regardless of whether they join the discord, right?

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 13:54:17 »
You 'heard from tes today'? Why doesn't he post himself? Also, not all of us use discord. Regardless, when you speak of a new method to getting something out to ALL PARTICIPANTS, that includes everyone involved in the group buy, regardless of whether they join the discord, right?

Tes is a great designer, but I think I'm better suited to communication, so I'm doing what I can to help keep things clear and succinct. You will hear from him directly when the proposal is ready.

Yes, all participants includes non-discord users. When the proposal is ready, it will be posted here, and any vital updates or requests for feedback will be posted here as well.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:28:07 »
Hello all,

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96213.0

nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:22:50 »
Hello all,

• I don't see why updates can't be posted here as well as Discord.
  • You and I have talked about this before. Nobody has any reason to trust Tesletron and his involvement should be kept to a minimum.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline gridds

« Reply #365 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 13:14:51 »
An option to continue riding this out shouldn't even be considered at this point. A collective effort should be made to file a police report.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 20:24:59 »
lmao y'all delusional if you think my man is going to finish this

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #367 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 21:33:32 »
lmao y'all delusional if you think my man is going to finish this
^^^^^^

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:44:28 »
Hello all,

If he doesn't wanna steal our money can you tell him to ship my board? I've been waiting on shipping for 7 months.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 17:11:02 »
It's going to take awhile to gather all the info we need to create the proposal, so I wanted to loop everyone in to what's happening and why. Feel free to ask questions as you have them. I'll be compiling a list of questions to answer in the Q&A section of the official proposal, so do not expect an immediate answer.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL PROPOSAL, JUST AN UPDATE.

----
**Basic idea of the proposal:**
Group buy has run out of capital and is dead in the water. Tes has not been able to stay on top of the gb or updates, and did not manage cost properly. Most of us still want a board but no longer trust Tes to handle this. Idea is to transfer all the group buy components, materials, etc from Tes to myself (rubbermilitia). After the transfer, Tes is no longer involved in gb cash, nor responsible for updates/orders/communication/etc; rather, Tes remains on only as a product consultant/designer and collects no additional cash in any way. Rubber collects a cash infusion from participants (we're aiming for this to be <100$ per person, but won't have actual details on that until later). Complete the group buy with downgraded components (no alum bottoms, no brass anything, likely to be replaced by acrylic). Anyone who is unable or unwilling to participate in the 'rescue group buy' will likely have to wait for Tes to generate the funds to refund them, with the help of whatever is left over from the rescue gb (cash/components/etc). *I am not inheriting Tes' obligations to participants.*

**Steps to take:**
1. Gather Information to determine our current situation *- we are here*
2. Figure out exactly what components/materials/etc we need to get this gb to done state (with downgraded components)
3. Get quotes from manufacturers near me (rubbermilitia)
4. Figure out how much capital we need to complete gb with downgraded components
5. Write proposal including detailed plan of attack, quotes, MOQs, photos, and Q&A
6. Approach participants with proposal
7. Hand off group buy (Tes>rubber), collect capital infusion from participants
8. Complete group buy with downgraded components
9. Update on a weekly basis

----
**What we've gotten done:**

- Contacted manufacturer local to Tes who has all the raw material on hand (I was cc'd on the email, saw response from him firsthand). He refuses to take inventory of material/completed parts/half-finished parts, etc, so we're not sure exactly what he has/what state it is in. He wants an address to ship the material to, and won't consider actually finishing the project. In fact he gave us a deadline of 04/27/2020 to give him an address to ship to. I'm not sure how he has all the material, or why he's out of patience, but I won't be digging into that- the info we're collecting is just to help with the hand-off and **as I've said before, my plan is not to audit the failure of Tes' run of this gb**. We will likely need to ship all of this material directly to me very soon to maintain possession of these materials, and take photos/inventory to determine what remains to be completed.

- Took exact inventory of what Tes has on hand (PCBs, bases, plates, corian bottoms), along with multiple photos and timestamps

- Spoke with my lawyer to determine the proper path to transfer the group buy to me, including components, materials, and obligation to make best effort to complete the group buy. I was able to get the information I need to be confident inheriting this mess. I would essentially only be inheriting the components + materials, with a written intent to make best effort at fulfillment.

----
**What we're currently working on:**

- Tes is updating master spreadsheet of everyone who joined the gb, to make sure we are aware of our current active buyers, refunds which went out early in the buy, etc. Need this to be accurate and current so we know which participant is owed what.

- I am working on collecting all/any documentation related to this gb that I can. Again, I'm not going to spend hours piecing together a paper trail to determine exactly where Tes went wrong. My only goal is to finish what he started.

- Tes and I are working on figuring out what we can seed in the 'rescue fund' (cash infusion I mentioned earlier). Goal is to get a chunk of cash from Tes, and some mech keyboard stuff. I can also put forward some cash and some keyboard stuff, like a gherkin, switches, etc. I have no obligation to do this but I also want the rescue gb to succeed. We are discussing the possibility of using these donated items as incentives for higher contribution to the rescue fund. Or possibly just selling them to add the cash to the rescue fund.

- Tes and I are working on getting the materials shipped from the manufacturer directly to me (Tes has no room to store it, and we don't have a new factory yet, nor do we want to jump the gun on choosing a factory just to have somewhere to store materials.)

----
**Final thoughts for now**
Please remember this is in early stages, and I would like to hear your thoughts, but I do not want to be spammed with questions about Tes' mistakes. This is a large undertaking and there is still a lot of info to collect, but I am willing to move forward with making this happen if I have majority support from the participants. We will be polling the participants after the actual proposal is released to get an idea of what % of participants are on board. It is likely that if we see <50% support, I will be stepping down from any involvement with the gb, and letting it run whatever course it would have without intervention.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL POLL, but it would be nice to get an early gauge of how many people are on board for this idea, so if you are FOR or AGAINST it, please feel free to comment or PM me. Since this isn't the official poll, I'm not requesting order #'s with votes yet, so please use the honor system and only respond if you're a participant.

Thank you for your time

PS I have nothing to do with one-offs and do not have answers to any of those questions. Lumina 60 gb is the only thing this rescue gb will address.

PPS Tes is dead broke, in debt, credit is destroyed, and the gb is at an indefinite standstill. You can't throw him in jail over this (regardless of what some people inexplicably think), and the cost to sue the money out of him would be more than the cost of the board..and then even if you win the suit, good luck collecting. On top of that, no attorney is going to touch a class action suit for such a small amount (~35k total collected from participants), and you would need a lot more cash than the rescue gb to even cover attorney fees. Plus pp dispute window expired, and the charge is too far past to have a hope of your bank doing anything (Please let us know if you were *recently* able to get a refund from a claim at your bank, so others can have this as an option, but this doesn't seem likely). Tes is determined to finish this (hence the fact that he is still holding on to all components and materials and working through this proposal with me), but it would take him years to gather the funds to either complete or refund all kits.

I have thought at length about other ways out of this mess for us participants, and discussed multiple times with my small business lawyer. The only way we get these boards is if we take action. My goal here is to deliver *something* to all of us participants who have no other options left, and I'm in a position where Tes is willing to hand over all components and materials and step aside.

It's a rare thing that a group buy fails so miserably, but I have faith that we can pull together as a community to get this done. We're only doing this if it's what you guys want to do.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2020, 17:19:07 by Rubbermilitia »

Offline Starius

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 19:09:19 »
I think your proposal "draft" as it is presented here may be the best possible outline for what is obviously the most unfortunate of circumstances.
Obviously, not everyone will be on board - they will cut their losses and be done with the matter.  But for anyone who is still looking to get *something* for all their investment, I don't think I could see any better approach. 

I believe I will be staying on board to see this through. 

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 00:48:25 »
I highly advise anyone to avoid giving this GB any more money.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:39:24 »
I highly advise anyone to avoid giving this GB any more money.
this.

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #373 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:52:21 »
It's going to take awhile to gather all the info we need to create the proposal, so I wanted to loop everyone in to what's happening and why. Feel free to ask questions as you have them. I'll be compiling a list of questions to answer in the Q&A section of the official proposal, so do not expect an immediate answer.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL PROPOSAL, JUST AN UPDATE.

----
**Basic idea of the proposal:**
Group buy has run out of capital and is dead in the water. Tes has not been able to stay on top of the gb or updates, and did not manage cost properly. Most of us still want a board but no longer trust Tes to handle this. Idea is to transfer all the group buy components, materials, etc from Tes to myself (rubbermilitia). After the transfer, Tes is no longer involved in gb cash, nor responsible for updates/orders/communication/etc; rather, Tes remains on only as a product consultant/designer and collects no additional cash in any way. Rubber collects a cash infusion from participants (we're aiming for this to be <100$ per person, but won't have actual details on that until later). Complete the group buy with downgraded components (no alum bottoms, no brass anything, likely to be replaced by acrylic). Anyone who is unable or unwilling to participate in the 'rescue group buy' will likely have to wait for Tes to generate the funds to refund them, with the help of whatever is left over from the rescue gb (cash/components/etc). *I am not inheriting Tes' obligations to participants.*

**Steps to take:**
1. Gather Information to determine our current situation *- we are here*
2. Figure out exactly what components/materials/etc we need to get this gb to done state (with downgraded components)
3. Get quotes from manufacturers near me (rubbermilitia)
4. Figure out how much capital we need to complete gb with downgraded components
5. Write proposal including detailed plan of attack, quotes, MOQs, photos, and Q&A
6. Approach participants with proposal
7. Hand off group buy (Tes>rubber), collect capital infusion from participants
8. Complete group buy with downgraded components
9. Update on a weekly basis

----
**What we've gotten done:**

- Contacted manufacturer local to Tes who has all the raw material on hand (I was cc'd on the email, saw response from him firsthand). He refuses to take inventory of material/completed parts/half-finished parts, etc, so we're not sure exactly what he has/what state it is in. He wants an address to ship the material to, and won't consider actually finishing the project. In fact he gave us a deadline of 04/27/2020 to give him an address to ship to. I'm not sure how he has all the material, or why he's out of patience, but I won't be digging into that- the info we're collecting is just to help with the hand-off and **as I've said before, my plan is not to audit the failure of Tes' run of this gb**. We will likely need to ship all of this material directly to me very soon to maintain possession of these materials, and take photos/inventory to determine what remains to be completed.

- Took exact inventory of what Tes has on hand (PCBs, bases, plates, corian bottoms), along with multiple photos and timestamps

- Spoke with my lawyer to determine the proper path to transfer the group buy to me, including components, materials, and obligation to make best effort to complete the group buy. I was able to get the information I need to be confident inheriting this mess. I would essentially only be inheriting the components + materials, with a written intent to make best effort at fulfillment.

----
**What we're currently working on:**

- Tes is updating master spreadsheet of everyone who joined the gb, to make sure we are aware of our current active buyers, refunds which went out early in the buy, etc. Need this to be accurate and current so we know which participant is owed what.

- I am working on collecting all/any documentation related to this gb that I can. Again, I'm not going to spend hours piecing together a paper trail to determine exactly where Tes went wrong. My only goal is to finish what he started.

- Tes and I are working on figuring out what we can seed in the 'rescue fund' (cash infusion I mentioned earlier). Goal is to get a chunk of cash from Tes, and some mech keyboard stuff. I can also put forward some cash and some keyboard stuff, like a gherkin, switches, etc. I have no obligation to do this but I also want the rescue gb to succeed. We are discussing the possibility of using these donated items as incentives for higher contribution to the rescue fund. Or possibly just selling them to add the cash to the rescue fund.

- Tes and I are working on getting the materials shipped from the manufacturer directly to me (Tes has no room to store it, and we don't have a new factory yet, nor do we want to jump the gun on choosing a factory just to have somewhere to store materials.)

----
**Final thoughts for now**
Please remember this is in early stages, and I would like to hear your thoughts, but I do not want to be spammed with questions about Tes' mistakes. This is a large undertaking and there is still a lot of info to collect, but I am willing to move forward with making this happen if I have majority support from the participants. We will be polling the participants after the actual proposal is released to get an idea of what % of participants are on board. It is likely that if we see <50% support, I will be stepping down from any involvement with the gb, and letting it run whatever course it would have without intervention.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL POLL, but it would be nice to get an early gauge of how many people are on board for this idea, so if you are FOR or AGAINST it, please feel free to comment or PM me. Since this isn't the official poll, I'm not requesting order #'s with votes yet, so please use the honor system and only respond if you're a participant.

Thank you for your time

PS I have nothing to do with one-offs and do not have answers to any of those questions. Lumina 60 gb is the only thing this rescue gb will address.

PPS Tes is dead broke, in debt, credit is destroyed, and the gb is at an indefinite standstill. You can't throw him in jail over this (regardless of what some people inexplicably think), and the cost to sue the money out of him would be more than the cost of the board..and then even if you win the suit, good luck collecting. On top of that, no attorney is going to touch a class action suit for such a small amount (~35k total collected from participants), and you would need a lot more cash than the rescue gb to even cover attorney fees. Plus pp dispute window expired, and the charge is too far past to have a hope of your bank doing anything (Please let us know if you were *recently* able to get a refund from a claim at your bank, so others can have this as an option, but this doesn't seem likely). Tes is determined to finish this (hence the fact that he is still holding on to all components and materials and working through this proposal with me), but it would take him years to gather the funds to either complete or refund all kits.

I have thought at length about other ways out of this mess for us participants, and discussed multiple times with my small business lawyer. The only way we get these boards is if we take action. My goal here is to deliver *something* to all of us participants who have no other options left, and I'm in a position where Tes is willing to hand over all components and materials and step aside.

It's a rare thing that a group buy fails so miserably, but I have faith that we can pull together as a community to get this done. We're only doing this if it's what you guys want to do.
First of all, I wouldn't expect anyone to pay any more money regarding what has happened. Around 100$ extra for a downgraded version doesn't seem logical for anyone to pay.
 Secondly, your "update" is contradicting itself. On the one hand you are saying, that you will try to build up a rescue fund with cash and keeb stuff from Tes and on the other hand, you are saying that he is dead broke?!
Dear god that I didn't join this GB. I would seriously advise anyone to not give them any more money.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:59:17 »
The idea that you would ask for a customer infusion beyond what they have already paid is absurd at best.

Anyone who is thinking of contributing any more money to this mess should assume it is going into a black hole and that’s it.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #375 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 08:17:51 »
Good on you for trying to do what you can, but yeah I don't see this happening.

I was in for the brass one, I'm not about to pay close to 900usd (with import fees) for some acrylic board. :D

What I really want debunked is why he lied over and over and over and over and over again? Even when called out for lies, he kept lying and digging the well deeper and deeper.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 10:50:04 »
your "update" is contradicting itself. On the one hand you are saying, that you will try to build up a rescue fund with cash and keeb stuff from Tes and on the other hand, you are saying that he is dead broke?!

Ok you're right, I should clarify this. We're hoping Tes sees a stimulus check to put towards this. Also, this rescue gb will take awhile to plan and set up, so the goal is to have him send whatever he can spare out of every pay check directly to me throughout the planning process, so that we can start with the rescue fund seeded. This wouldn't be enough cash to refund more than 2 people probably, but it would be a nice seed for the rescue fund. In addition, he has already sold all of his mech keyboard stuff except for an HHKB and potentially some small things like switches (not sure yet, waiting to hear back on exactly what he has.) He would also put the HHKB and whatever else he has towards the rescue fund.

I have heard from a lot of people about how this rescue gb would be unfair to everyone who bought a commission or one-off or trade from Tes that would be left empty-handed. I agree, but if we can't fix the entirety of the problem, we should start with a smaller piece. Inability to fix the whole thing at once is not a good reason to avoid rescuing the lumina 60 gb.

I have talked with Tes, and decided that if we get >50% support from participants and decide to move forward with this, *before I inherit/start the group buy*, Tes will publicly post a list of every outstanding commitment he has to the community, with a promise to use this rescue gb as a jump-start to fulfilling or refunding all of those projects. Tes has around 30 one-offs/commissions/trades that he never fulfilled. If we get the entirety of the lumina gb off his plate, he can focus on handling these other obligations.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 11:36:47 »
AS PER THE ABOVE , IF TES OWES YOU A ONE-OFF/COMMISSION/TRADE, PLEASE PM ME WITH DETAILS AND PROOF. I NEED PAYPAL EMAIL, TOTAL $ PAID, AND DETAILS OF THE BOARD/TRADE/ETC YOU WERE MEANT TO RECEIVE. THANK YOU

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 22:19:01 »
the dude is a total skeez scammer and shouldn't see another dime of anyone's money

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 10:58:41 »
Everyone just take the L on this one and mods should lock this thread.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Colourr

• no worries
« Reply #380 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:20:15 »
the dude is a total skeez scammer and shouldn't see another dime of anyone's money

true

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #381 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 14:28:16 »
So let me get this straight. If 50% of people already in the hole give some commitment to fork over more money, only then will he own up to what he owes? The same person who was giving monthly updates about new orders being placed with new manufacturers, things nearly ready to ship and a receipt for the new orders made forthcoming etc and then total silence again? Sounds legit.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #382 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:20:58 »
Just throwing this out there, and big ups to rubbermilitia for trying to help bring this to some sort of improved conclusion than the status quo - but given the history here, and given also that you will presumably be in charge of the remainder of the process rubbermilitia, shouldn't you front the capital to get it done? then once it's done, you can deliver the goods to the initial GB participants for an additional $100 (or you could build a book of demand for initial GB participants only and set the clearning price that way) and then - if they don't want to do that - you can sell their boards in whatever manner you choose?

Of course, I still think you need their approval to go down this road, but I understand people's hesitancy to hand over more money given the history and given they're not in control of the process from here (but you are). I think you're best placed to price the capital needed given you're best placed to understand the risk from hereon out.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:47:16 »
From what I see, some trust needs to be restored period.

I'd suggest lots of pics and timestamps to start.  It's really hard to trust walls of text that end with requests for money.

Then, I'd target maybe 5 to get done and out to people (like prototypes basically), to show progress can be made (however small). Then maybe 25 more, then the rest.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #384 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 16:11:10 »
Sorry I'm not responding to everyone, but I want to keep the thread relatively clean from here just by responding to comments which seem constructive, and which don't ask questions/raise concerns I already addressed in the long update.

shouldn't you front the capital to get it done? then once it's done, you can deliver the goods to the initial GB participants for an additional $100 (or you could build a book of demand for initial GB participants only and set the clearning price that way) and then - if they don't want to do that - you can sell their boards in whatever manner you choose?

I understand this idea, and it's not a bad one. But I'm not willing to take this entire thing on my shoulders by fronting thousands of dollars. The amount of work to finish this gb is already immense. I do not feel obligated to also pay for the entire thing. I understand people are hesitant with forking over more cash for something they already paid for, but the money isn't going to Tes, its going to me.

If the original gb members are willing to come together in solidarity and support me on this, then this rescue gb will happen, and they will end up with a board they likely never would have gotten. Otherwise they won't. I'm ok with walking away with my 450$ lost, but I would prefer a board for 550$. Remember, this ~$100 number is still just spitballing for now, but you get the point.

So let me get this straight. If 50% of people already in the hole give some commitment to fork over more money, only then will he own up to what he owes?

From my conversations with Tes over the last year, he desperately wants to own up to everything he owes. He will be publishing the list of commitments along with the proposal, so the list will be public regardless of whether this gb moves forward. All I was saying is that he is deep in the hole, and getting the lumina off his back would make it much more financially feasible for him to actually address his commitments as far as one-offs/commissions/trades. The goal of the rescue gb is not to get him off the hook for anything. I am the one who requested he publish the commitments list with the proposal, and he agreed.

From what I see, some trust needs to be restored period.

I'd suggest lots of pics and timestamps to start.  It's really hard to trust walls of text that end with requests for money.

I agree! The actual proposal will include:
  • pics and timestamps of all completed components
  • pics and timestamps of the material (which will be in my possession at that point)
  • Q&A to address common concerns
  • quotes and MOQs
  • a list of items Tes is donating
  • a list of items I am donating
  • the amount of cash 'seeded' in the rescue fund (by myself and Tes)
  • detailed plan of attack
  • public release of lumina design files
  • details on how cash will be collected to avoid another paypal lock situation

And I can promise consistent updates. Factory will be local to me.

Then, I'd target maybe 5 to get done and out to people (like prototypes basically), to show progress can be made (however small). Then maybe 25 more, then the rest.

Well, ordering in low-MOQ batches like this to prove progress would be more expensive than necessary. And ordering 5 prototypes at once is inadvisable. But I agree that as soon as the factory has produced the first prototype, plenty of pics and timestamps need to be taken. And I agree that shipping them out as they are finished would help keep people confident in the project. I will do what I can to be transparent, update often, and get this done and out to participants quickly.

Offline gridds

« Reply #385 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 16:16:57 »
A collective effort should be made to file a police report. Consult Virginia's state law for guidance on this type of scam/fraud, along with federal options.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #386 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 21:35:25 »
lol

Offline HoodrowThrillson

[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #389 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 01:39:40 »
A collective effort should be made to file a police report. Consult Virginia's state law for guidance on this type of scam/fraud, along with federal options.

get them to make ivan pay up while you're at it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:38:25 »
**Update 04/25/2020**

- ~~Tes and I are working on figuring out what we can seed in the 'rescue fund' (cash infusion I mentioned earlier). Goal is to get a chunk of cash from Tes, and some mech keyboard stuff. I can also put forward some cash and some keyboard stuff, like a gherkin, switches, etc. I have no obligation to do this but I also want the rescue gb to succeed. We are discussing the possibility of using these donated items as incentives for higher contribution to the rescue fund. Or possibly just selling them to add the cash to the rescue fund.~~
Tes has given a list of items he will be contributing to the rescue fund, and has started sending cash every paycheck. I've received one payment from him as of 04/25/20

- ~~Tes is updating master spreadsheet of everyone who joined the gb, to make sure we are aware of our current active buyers, refunds which went out early in the buy, etc. Need this to be accurate and current so we know which participant is owed what.~~
Tes has updated the master spreadsheet accounting for refunds. He is doing one final review of it just to be sure. This spreadsheet will be published along with the proposal. Usernames will be anonymous unless you reach out and specify that you're ok with your username being included

- ~~Tes and I are working on getting the materials shipped from the manufacturer directly to me (Tes has no room to store it, and we don't have a new factory yet, nor do we want to jump the gun on choosing a factory just to have someone to store materials.)~~
The manufacturer has agreed to ship the items directly to me (rubbermilitia). His latest update is: *"I will schedule the freight company to pick up the skid of materials next week and will email the pro number for the shipment to you once the shipment is processed."* As soon as I have all of the materials in my possession, the next step is to take inventory in order to determine how much additional material/manufacturing is required.

What we're currently working on:

- Tes and I are working on compiling a list of all one-offs/commissions/trades that he committed to and did not fulfill. This list will be posted publicly along with the official proposal. This is Tes' current top priority. He is also working on providing a status for each one-off (some are in various stages of completion, others are not started, etc)

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #391 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 03:26:35 »
I think the bottom line is if he still can't speak for himself and needs to have you relay information, nothing much has changed. Zero trust.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #392 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:13:13 »
I think the bottom line is if he still can't speak for himself and needs to have you relay information, nothing much has changed. Zero trust.

this!! ^^^^^^

Offline wilyo70

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 21:57:40 »
- Tes and I are working on compiling a list of all one-offs/commissions/trades that he committed to and did not fulfill. This list will be posted publicly along with the official proposal. This is Tes' current top priority. He is also working on providing a status for each one-off (some are in various stages of completion, others are not started, etc)

Jesus, there's so much hand holding here. Absolutely ridiculous.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 23:18:41 »

this!! ^^^^^^

Jesus, there's so much hand holding here. Absolutely ridiculous.

Honestly I just think it's time for the runner/s and everyone involved to cut their losses and take this board as a loss. This is just getting a little ridiculous.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:04:43 »
Please see some Lumina updates at this link. Includes a couple spreadsheets we're working on updating, inventory of components Tes has on-hand, and communication from manufacturer: https://imgur.com/a/wFCT8I1

Timestamps of components Tes has on-hand here: https://imgur.com/a/CH7pQoA

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 14:51:01 »
Those are quite a few brass bottom ones, I am sure they are ready to fork over an additional 100usd in order to get an acrylic piece instead  :))

Offline kalabeck

« Reply #397 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 09:38:47 »
Could someone post a new Discord link? Old one expired

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 14:03:22 »
Could someone post a new Discord link? Old one expired

The server is closed to public and invite only for participants or one-off buyers. Please PM me on discord rubbermilitia#3819 and I'll send invite thanks!

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #399 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 21:05:46 »
UPDATE: Still nothing from manu, they have not sent tracking number as promised. We will follow up with him again on Jun 19, possibly with a demand letter. In the meantime, as promised, I have updated the spreadsheets: https://imgur.com/a/qzs9ley. I have also included the timestamps that Tes took near the start of the month here: https://imgur.com/a/gGfdqiF, which match up with the 'Tes Status' column on the one-off spreadsheet. Next, we are working on counting exactly how many additional components we need for each member to get a complete kit (for every component that is NOT corian, since we're still waiting on manu to ship corian so we know what we have/need for corian), and after that we will start looking at quotes.  Thank you guys for your patience and LMK if there are questions.