Author Topic: My custom keycaps!  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Dreamerrr

My custom keycaps!
« on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 01:45:29 »
Feeling inspired by the amount of amazing keycaps by the artists of the forums, I decided to give making artisans a go. I was lost really, but I knew I wanted to sculpt instead of 3d printing.

After some researching and some help from Krytone, I bought my first lump of clay!  ;D

Here are the first set of images from my first sculpt.

More
157411-0

The first design, I really didn't sketch out my ideas and decided to wing it and see where it goes.

More
157413-1

When you see the booty ;D

More
157415-2

Here I started getting the final picture of what I was sculpting. Just minor adjustments and off to the oven to bake!

More
157417-3

Disaster! Cooked it for too long and it turned out this way. Two-face anyone?  :p

Well, didn't quite turn out like I'd hope it would. But hey, I'm glad I made mistakes that can be improved in future sculpts!

I plan on getting my smooth on silicone mold and resins soon! Meanwhile, I'll be starting my second sculpting session soon. Feedback and advice is greatly appreciated!

I'll be updating this thread with all of my custom keycap adventures so do stay tuned for more !

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 02:22:35 by Dreamerrr »

Offline brennan08512

Re: My custom keycaps!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:30:18 »
I like those! It'll be interesting to see how they turn out using a casting mold and resin. Good luck!

Offline Dreamerrr

Re: My custom keycaps!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 02:20:33 »
Update on my second sculpt.

More
157508-0

After playing DOOM for a few hours this is the only thing I could come up with  :D