Author Topic: [GB] GMK Shark Bait - SHIPPED  (Read 91412 times)

Offline andyking

Re: [GB] GMK Shark Bait - GROUP BUY OVER
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 04:14:59 »
Any timeline updates?

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 04:26:48 »
Any timeline updates?
Latest update from GMK was mid June! Hopefully the ongoing pandemic doesn’t push the date back too much. I’ll be sure to post any news here as soon as I get it

Offline Scanna88

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 06:04:45 »
Some updates?

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 08:44:59 »
Some updates?
Still on track for the sets to be made by GMK in mid June, with shipping soon after that!

Offline bliss

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 05:28:04 »
This is the third GB I joined and there is some drama involving the other two: PnC and Milkshake. I am really relaxed about it though as long as the organizers do their best. IMO the 'rona has played a role as well.

So I really hope this one is going to proceed nicely and I am confident it will!

Fingers crossed and looking forward to Shark Bait, went all in ;D XX

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 08:00:53 »
This is the third GB I joined and there is some drama involving the other two: PnC and Milkshake. I am really relaxed about it though as long as the organizers do their best. IMO the 'rona has played a role as well.

So I really hope this one is going to proceed nicely and I am confident it will!

Yep, so far so good! Still in progress but the sets should be finished this month! Thanks for the support :)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 08:23:46 »

Yep, so far so good! Still in progress but the sets should be finished this month! Thanks for the support :)

When my filthy paws do get a hold of those keycaps, they'll go on the stainless steel TKL from the HMKB GB. Really looking forward to this.

Offline bliss

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 08:34:51 »
When my filthy paws do get a hold of those keycaps, they'll go on the stainless steel TKL from the HMKB GB. Really looking forward to this.

Oh interesting, mine will go on the yellow HMKB TKL - a bit avant-garde maybe but I visualized it to my satisfaction :D

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 09:04:30 »

Oh interesting, mine will go on the yellow HMKB TKL - a bit avant-garde maybe but I visualized it to my satisfaction :D

Will you be splitting the space bar, too?

Offline bliss

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 09:28:01 »

Will you be splitting the space bar, too?

Just ordered a 7u stabilizer kit yesterday, but I think my customization will not be boring:
  • ISO Enter (US ISO)
  • ANSI Left Shift
  • stepped Control
Few sets will support this configuration without going Atlantis or UK having partial British support, so kudos to you and WAVES_D0NT_DIE :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2020, 16:38:54 by bliss »

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 11:18:00 »

I’ve been dying to see the set on a real board, can’t wait to see everyone’s pics!

Offline ronnie_gogs

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 10:37:32 »
Managed to join for the the last extra... Hoping it ships soon..  ;D

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 11:20:17 »
Managed to join for the the last extra... Hoping it ships soon..  ;D
That’s awesome! Me too. Can’t believe it’s time already

Offline Minam

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:46:35 »
Are they going to be shipped this month?

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 04:10:15 »
Are they going to be shipped this month?
I actually sent out an email earlier today to get an update. I haven’t heard back yet but I’ll definitely post here when I get any news (should be tomorrow)

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 15:27:04 »
Quick update for everyone - sounds like the keycaps have been made, they’re just waiting to finish up the packaging now.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 17:07:07 »
Quick update for everyone - sounds like the keycaps have been made, they’re just waiting to finish up the packaging now.

Great news!

Offline ergusto

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 09:59:56 »
Great to hear they have been made. Is there an ETA of when they will be sent to vendors? Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 10:21:35 »
Great to hear they have been made. Is there an ETA of when they will be sent to vendors? Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!
Hey there, unfortunately no ETA yet. I’ve made it a routine to keep checking in with my contact for any updates. Last I heard they were still working on the packaging. I’ll send over a message again right now to see if that’s still the case :)

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 12:02:57 »
Latest update: the packaging is still being worked on, should be a couple more weeks until they’re ready

Offline bliss

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 15:00:27 »
Latest update: the packaging is still being worked on

Oh yes, they have to grow it (the packaging): I guess we will have the new bio-degradable tray made from cellulose :D Just kidding, I am curious about the new packaging as I only know the classic one yet. GMK/Uniqey know what they are doing and it will be stellar as always.

Thank you for the update!

edit: corrected spelling, wrote something nicer
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2020, 14:29:37 by bliss »

Offline Minam

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 21:35:05 »
Any timeline updates? First GMK GB and wondering if I will ever get one lol.

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 02:45:44 »

They're coming, don't worry. Unfortunately I haven't gotten any news since the last update. Sounds like they were wrapping up the packaging and making final corrections to the set. Shouldn't be much longer before they ship!

Offline bliss

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 05:30:44 »

Don't worry, GMK's real ;) Which board(s) are you planning to deck out?

Offline Minam

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 08:21:09 »

I have been trying my hands at the keycult raffle but obviously has not worked out. So waiting on Time80 GB or see if I win the Oxalys raffle. If both those don’t work, probably go for vickrey for the no 1 tkl this december. I think the set will look best on a white board. What board are you going to put it on?

Offline bliss

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 15:01:03 »

I have been trying my hands at the keycult raffle but obviously has not worked out. So waiting on Time80 GB or see if I win the Oxalys raffle. If both those don’t work, probably go for vickrey for the no 1 tkl this december. I think the set will look best on a white board. What board are you going to put it on?

Wow, these are all interesting boards - have seen a build stream by Minterly featuring the Time 80 recently. I'm a TKL man myself (see replies #107 and #109), but I will definitely try this on a G80-1800, too: likely a new one in black, with 55g springs. Especially with the extra kits, compatibility is amazing (the winkey model needs 7x 1u and 6u spacebar bottom layer keys).

Good luck with the raffle if you enter and happy building!

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 15:31:11 »
Just realized shark week is on again! That’s where I got the idea for the set originally, it’s crazy how time flies. Again, sorry for the delays everyone - I’ll be sure to post any updates on this thread as I get them. I’m anxious to get this set on my board as well

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 15:33:19 »

Wow, these are all interesting boards - have seen a build stream by Minterly featuring the Time 80 recently. I'm a TKL man myself (see replies #107 and #109), but I will definitely try this on a G80-1800, too: likely a new one in black, with 55g springs. Especially with the extra kits, compatibility is amazing (the winkey model needs 7x 1u and 6u spacebar bottom layer keys).

Good luck with the raffle if you enter and happy building!
I’d love to see pics when you get the set!

Offline kizzyr

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 19:03:42 »
Can't wait to put this set on my black/teal 1/60! 😁

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 19:41:14 »
Can't wait to put this set on my black/teal 1/60!
I’d kill for one of those boards! It’ll match the set perfectly, make sure to post some pics

Offline Igniteous

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 22:15:33 »
I've just picked the base kit up recently on candykeys (What I presume are pre-orders for the extras they bought, surprised I could still pick them up, I think they're still up for anyone who wants them).

Can't wait for em, shouldn't be that much longer now.

Offline kizzyr

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 00:38:19 »
I've just picked the base kit up recently on candykeys (What I presume are pre-orders for the extras they bought, surprised I could still pick them up, I think they're still up for anyone who wants them).

CandyKeys' post on Instagram four days ago says that this set "will land soon." I can't wait either!  :D

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 01:06:14 »

Nice! You’re right, shouldn’t be much longer, it looks like GMK Coral just shipped and that set was sold not too long before Shark Bait, so I expect we’re coming up here shortly :)

Offline Mouserat

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 03:52:30 »
Any updates? NovelKeys already received the Olivia's and they had 6,000+ kits sold.

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 11:57:37 »
Any updates? NovelKeys already received the Olivia's and they had 6,000+ kits sold.
No updates quite yet, I’ve just sent a message to my contact to get an idea of what’s going on. Sorry about this everybody!

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 12:23:56 »
Just heard back from my contacts - we still have not received any time estimate from GMK, but the last I heard was both the keycaps and the packaging were done. I’m sure GMK has had some issues keeping up with all the sets due to COVID, but many of the sets sold around the time of Shark Bait are beginning to ship, so I would expect we’re up pretty soon. Sorry for the delays everyone!

Offline Minam

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 16:31:34 »
ty for the update!

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 22:24:46 »
ty for the update!
Of course! I’ve been On the buyer-end of group buys before, I understand how eager people are to get the set. I’m eager as well and hope we get some news from GMK soon :)

Offline Minam

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 16:25:22 »
Any updates??

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 16:40:46 »
Any updates??
Unfortunately, no. I’ve just sent an email to my contact to check-in again. I’m sure GMK is doing everything they can do get the sets shipped out as fast as possible. I’ll provide any news here once my contact gets back to me

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 16:54:46 »
Good news! Sounds like the vendors have received the sets from GMK, and they should start shipping out shortly :)

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 17:00:41 »
a

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 17:04:16 »
Good news! Sounds like the vendors have received the sets from GMK, and they should start shipping out shortly :)
I’d like to clarify this - not all vendors have received them yet, but everyone should have them very soon. It sounds like some sets should start shipping in the next week or two but shipping times may vary depending on which vendor you purchased from

Offline Minam

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 06:09:32 »
Thanks for the update! As you probably already know. This was my first group buy so I am anxious to get my hands on them.

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 12:54:56 »
Thanks for the update! As you probably already know. This was my first group buy so I am anxious to get my hands on them.
I totally get it. Im excited to get mine in, too. Can’t wait to see what board everyone puts their sets on

Offline SpaceCowboy

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 17:46:08 »
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I received my set today in the mail, rather unexpectedly. I didn't receive any prior shipping notification, but my base set and novelties came in all good. I'm in Northern Cal. and I ordered from Kono.
Colors look really good, really loving the different blues. Still waiting on a board to put it on :(

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 17:53:58 »
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I received my set today in the mail, rather unexpectedly. I didn't receive any prior shipping notification, but my base set and novelties came in all good. I'm in Northern Cal. and I ordered from Kono.
Colors look really good, really loving the different blues. Still waiting on a board to put it on :(
That’s awesome! Mine is supposed to arrive from Kono tomorrow(also in California). Hope everyone gets their sets soon, one last thank you to everyone that joined the group buy :)

Offline kizzyr

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 22:37:44 »
Please share some photos! Mine will probably not arrive for a while since I am based in Australia T-T

Offline WAVES_D0NT_DIE

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 03:07:45 »
Please share some photos! Mine will probably not arrive for a while since I am based in Australia T-T
I second this. I want to see what boards everyone is using with the set. I’ll post pics as soon as I get mine in tomorrow

Offline Herkuleszcz

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 05:32:04 »
Is there a plan to make a next edition of those keycaps?