Author Topic: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/25 Basalt Kit Added Back] (GB starts March 2nd)  (Read 130984 times)

Offline noodleman

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [Corrected renders!] (GB starts Q1 2020)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 21:38:41 »
i noticed the ghost kit doesn't have a 1u 0, is that going to be included?

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 22:08:43 »
Awesome! Hope GB starts at 1/1.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:25:00 »
Hello Geekhack!

This is my first Interest Check for a keyset, GMK Ashes, A volcanic ash set with soft colors.

Show Image

Design & Inspiration
This idea originally began as a dark keyset, I was working with a lot of dark gray and red pantone colors, after rethinking what I was trying to achieve I decided to look at other keysets to get ideas, I decided to try to invert the colors similar to GMK Honeywell to test out that idea and really liked the look of it. I threw out the red because it just didn't fit in well with the set but kept the gray colors. Then I started messing with more with different shades of gray and came to love the final result of colors!

I present to you GMK Ashes:

Show Image
OSA by BlindAssassin111

Kit Design
Base
This base kit is still changing everyday, I plan on having support for standard TKLs to 65%, WKL bottom rows, HHKB, a numpad and more! I am also working on getting some renders that will use Left Centered Legends for Mods! I really would love to give the legends a shot seeing as they are going to be on 9009 R3! I Originally had Pantones on the left that I was going to use to color match but ended up switching to RAL colors that were very similar to the Pantones.

BASE RAL COLORS:
Alpha Base Color: 260 40 05 - Swedish Blue
Mod Base Color : 250 85 05 - White Blue
Accent Base Color: 9011 (Classic 840) - Graphite Black

Show Image
New RAL colors on the Left, Old Pantones on the Right

Show Image
GMK Ashes Concept Kits

Ghost Kit
Mod Colored Alphas

Show Image

Additional Kits
I am planning on working on a spacebars kit, icon mod kit, and a 40s kit. These kit will all vary on the responses from the Google Form so please help me out and let me know what kits you would buy from this set! Just got renders of mod colored alphas.

Google Form for Kits!

Group Buy / Vendors
US:ProjectKeyboard
EU: MyKeyboard.eu
Oceania: DailyClack
Asia: DailyClack

Thanks
Many thanks to the following for your help and support during the design of this set:

BlindAssassin111 for feedback and support on the set guiding me on how to make an IC!
OneFiveNine for giving me ideas on what to theme the set after, running the set and helping me out with the set!
The Texas Mechanical Keyboard Discord for all the feedback and support everyone has given me in there!
MetallicCharles for helping me out with these amazing renders of the set! (More renders on the way by him and other renders in the community!)
UndercoverBrother for the sick render of the Kepler FC65!
HamKenobi, DixieMech, Kristmascane, Koriko, Erin and Gus along with others from the Houston Discord for being there for me for these past two years!

N E Renders Avail?

Show Image
Render by MetallicCharles (F-Row Features Accent Colors in this render)

Show Image
OSA by BlindAssassin111

Show Image
OSA by BlindAssassin111

Show Image
OSA by BlindAssassin111

Show Image
OSA by BlindAssassin111

Show Image
OSA by BlindAssassin111

Show Image
Kepler FC65 with ashes falling around it

Show Image
C65 by Fropsie

Show Image
C65 by Fropsie

Next Steps
Add more renders
Get a feedback form added [Feedback has been great! I have been reading every single message everyone has been sending me in the form! Thank you!]
Deskmat designs being worked on currently.
Adjust kits
Set a date for the GB (Q1 2020)

Updates
Previous Updates: https://pastebin.com/4YKqxyBQ

Updates (9/14/19): Removed the incorrect renders with bad lighting in them, placed RAL values in the Base kit section. Will post correct kits in a little while, waiting for more time to pass and more work to be done on them before anything is fully finalized. Thank you for more feedback and coverage on Top Clack and ManOfInterest's This Week in Keyboards!

If you want to support this project, please consider adding the following to your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102338.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/OnbXruj.jpg[/img][/url]

Nice

Offline Nebula97

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:43:21 »
I was a fool to think I wouldn't be making another keyboard next year. Already designing one around this set; love it!

Offline DetectiveNio

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [Deskmats Added!] (GB starts Q1 2020)
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:51:33 »
Do volc660 owners get anything special?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:54:10 by DetectiveNio »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:55:02 »
Do volc660s holder get anything special?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Volcano660 you say, I might be getting the set rendered on that board. ;) Be on the look out for pics of it!

Offline Saga

• Pew Pew Particle Accelerators
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 18:01:46 »
So I know there's at least two of us around here who are volcanologists and I assume we're both going to have wallets that are very, very mad at you.

Any plans for things like a Norde kit?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 18:03:55 »
Awesome! Hope GB starts at 1/1.

:eyes:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 21:24:38 »
...Rama volcano cap?

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 21:27:43 »
God Damnit another awesome deskmat that I'm going to have to get

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 21:28:46 »
...Rama volcano cap?
Oh, with glow in the dark lava. Nice!!

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 21:54:13 »
You should add a kit of Roman numerals for the number row and pad and call it Pompeii xD

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 22:10:43 »
The deskmat is something i feel i need even without the set. Delicious.

Offline Sorachi.Ace

• Formerly CaptRobo
  • Co-owner of SodieCaps artisan keycaps
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 22:14:15 »
Every update gets me more excited for this set. The deskmat is so cool. I already have a deskmat themed after that special game. But I'm down to get this one as well :)

Offline Saga

• Pew Pew Particle Accelerators
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 22:31:58 »
...Rama volcano cap?

I could probably talk half of my office into buying this without them even knowing what a mechanical keyboard is.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 22:44:22 »
Adding F1-F4 & F9-F12 to the Ghost kit would be helpful.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 22:53:02 »
Great work, skeleton!

Offline dallman5

[IC] GMK Ashes [Deskmats Added!] (GB starts Q1 2020)
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 23:00:38 »

I mentioned something similar earlier but got no response from OP. The ghost kit needs some work. In my opinion it needs the following...

- F1-4 and F9-12 (like you mentioned)
- both barred and scooped homing keys
- R4 1u |/ (for HHKB compat.)
- R4 1u ~’ (I know it’s in the base but it would be nice here too for mixing and matching sets)

Also, OP includes a second light grey B but not a second B in dark grey for Alice-like layouts.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 23:46:08 »
oh cmon, we can't have extra kits for support for layouts like Colemak but you can ask for *two* extra Bs just for Alices? :(

Offline Myth

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 00:00:41 »
Absolutely in for that deskmat

Offline Tyson

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 00:23:35 »

I mentioned something similar earlier but got no response from OP. The ghost kit needs some work. In my opinion it needs the following...

- R4 1u ~’ (I know it’s in the base but it would be nice here too for mixing and matching sets)

Also, OP includes a second light grey B but not a second B in dark grey for Alice-like layouts.

Hey man! All feedback has been reviewed and is taken into consideration, currently at this time I am unsure if the Ghost Kit will hit MOQ, so it's still under consideration if we will run it. I am going to watch these other keysets that have alt alphas and depending on how well those alt alphas sell I might run it, if we run it I will definitely include the R4 1u |\ and ~` because I use a split bs setup so I'd definitely want those, a second B is also a possibility too, as for the F row and the barred and scooped that's something we will look into. I would also like to add an extra tab key in the kit too to allow for two builds. All of this depends on how the other sets do with their kits that are like this and how much it'll cost. I don't want this kit to run to high.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 00:28:27 »
...Rama volcano cap?
Oh, with glow in the dark lava. Nice!!

Definitely will look into this! So many people have been asking for a Rama cap for this set! I'm making sure to include a couple novelties in the base kit, one of them being a Volcano! ;)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 07:49:23 »
……
Hey man! All feedback has been reviewed and is taken into consideration, currently at this time I am unsure if the Ghost Kit will hit MOQ, so it's still under consideration if we will run it. I am going to watch these other keysets that have alt alphas and depending on how well those alt alphas sell I might run it, if we run it I will definitely include the R4 1u |\ and ~` because I use a split bs setup so I'd definitely want those, a second B is also a possibility too, as for the F row and the barred and scooped that's something we will look into. I would also like to add an extra tab key in the kit too to allow for two builds. All of this depends on how the other sets do with their kits that are like this and how much it'll cost. I don't want this kit to run to high.

If you do decide to add the second Tab, consider adding a second Home (by the Sea) key as well — as the kits stand now, a second Tab and a second Home are all that's needed to make a TKL and a 65% or a 60% (instead of just a 60%).

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 08:31:48 »
This looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dallman5

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 08:33:44 »

That’s great, thanks for the reply :) fingers crossed that it runs/hits MOQ!
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 08:48:16 »
Any chance to get a colevrak kit?

Offline Devil

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 21:33:54 »
Figured I'd say a few things after noticing some issues.

• Your base kit has a single dark gray B however in the extra set of keys included with the base set you have an accented B rather than a matching base alpha. You might want to change that so you have 2 of the same colored B keys, considering the TGR Alice style board renders you use show two of the same colored alphas.
  • The modifier color feels a bit light in terms of being gray. Normally ash in real life has a darker gray color to it if it's not from something like a Kingston charcoal briquet.
  • Coloring in the renders seems to flip flop a bit. Some of the renders make the modifiers darker and some make them look rather white. Another thing is, is the viewing distance it could be a bit closer. Half of the renders look like I'm standing behind a rope link 10ft away trying to see what's behind the case.
  • The Kepler render doesn't really do much with the weird rain-snow effect going on.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 11:13:34 »
Figured I'd say a few things after noticing some issues.

• Your base kit has a single dark gray B however in the extra set of keys included with the base set you have an accented B rather than a matching base alpha. You might want to change that so you have 2 of the same colored B keys, considering the TGR Alice style board renders you use show two of the same colored alphas.
  • The modifier color feels a bit light in terms of being gray. Normally ash in real life has a darker gray color to it if it's not from something like a Kingston charcoal briquet.
  • Coloring in the renders seems to flip flop a bit. Some of the renders make the modifiers darker and some make them look rather white. Another thing is, is the viewing distance it could be a bit closer. Half of the renders look like I'm standing behind a rope link 10ft away trying to see what's behind the case.
  • The Kepler render doesn't really do much with the weird rain-snow effect going on.

Nothing is final on the kits, colors are correct for the most part, although I do agree that the Ghost Kit render is a little bit too bright compared to the other renders. I'm not sure what you mean by the renders looking really small, they look fine to me, more renders are being made for the set too. The Ashes falling on the Kepler is something that OneFiveNine decided to put in the render for the Kepler, I liked it and decided to keep it.

Offline jokanevad

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 17:07:02 »
Loving the set. What are your thoughts on a alpha set in cool grey pantone? Also, are you considering a international kit?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 17:19:54 »
Loving the set. What are your thoughts on a alpha set in cool grey pantone? Also, are you considering a international kit?

Thanks! The alphas are going to be in a similar color to cool grey 11c, I actually already have the pantone chip at home, and just got a RAL deck today, so expect color comparison picks in an upcoming update. As for international kit, I have not looked into one, unfortunately the likelihood of a international kit hitting MOQ is very unlikely so I will not be looking forward into it. Sorry, if intl kits were hitting MOQ on other sets then maybe I'd look into it, but I don't like the thought of individual kits failing. I am trying to include UK-ISO in the base kit to at least have compatibility over there and offer a correct ISO layout. Thanks for supporting the set! I'll be making more updates whenever I can. :)

Offline xchangmanx

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 18:47:41 »
+1

Offline Tyson

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:24:33 »
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick update on the set! I have dates finalized for the set, the RAL Deck just got to my apartment so I will be getting color matched pics of the pantones next to the RAL counterparts that I went with for the actual colors to give everyone a comparison! Sets are being finalized and rendered, along with more renders on the way! I'm also contacting artisan makers and will be trying to contact RAMA to see about getting metal caps made for the set! Thanks again for all the feedback and look forward to seeing everyone's excitement once more stuff comes out!

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 14:25:11 »
Excited to see the Rama cap designs.

What RAL deck did you get? Is there a finish that works best with keycaps?

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 23:14:26 »

Alphas MOQ is questionable. I would like to see some renders of the full GHOST kit on a popular TKL or 75% board with full F row keys in white.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 23:59:40 »
Really into this set, and agree with what others said about the Ghost kit.

I was looking through the renders and the base kit alphas seem to range between light grey and charcoal based on the different renders. Idk if that is lighting, background, etc - but maybe a few pictures on a white/neutral background to help show what the true color is. It's great regardless, but some clarity would be appreciated.

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 00:50:57 »
Ready for ghost alphas here. Agree with alcoholenthusiast about white background renders when you have a chance.

Offline mlev6

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 17:37:11 »
If you are going to to give two alphas options can you pretty please have the gb sell 1.) mods (as base) 2.) alpha option 1 3.) alpha option 2. That would be really appreciated if you are certain to meet minimum order requirements.

Other than that a very lovely gray set. Very nice!

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 17:42:52 »
If you are going to to give two alphas options can you pretty please have the gb sell 1.) mods (as base) 2.) alpha option 1 3.) alpha option 2. That would be really appreciated if you are certain to meet minimum order requirements.

If that was viable for pricing, oblotsky would have done just that for oblivion.
That division works for SA and KAT, and it seems not to for GMK.  I'd probably pay money for the quote just so I have data every time I type this. Perhaps oblotsky could give us a ballpark figure.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:38:39 »

Like IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES said, these options would not be viable, if I had to guess this would raise the price of the mods alone to somewhere close to $100, then $60 for each alpha kit, making a "base kit" cost around $160~ I am not looking to do that as the set would probably not sell as well. I plan on also keeping the numpad in the base kit, if I were to break the set into a ton of different kits, I'm not too sure if all of them would make it, that's too big of a gamble for me. As of right now I am only looking to have a few kits for sale for the set, I have a few more renders and physical samples of the RAL colors too that I am waiting on posting until I can get shots of them in better lighting. I am going to try hard to make sure that prices are reasonable for everyone. Thank you for your interest in this set!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 13:29:58 »
hello

start gb pls

Offline Tyson

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 14:18:01 »
hello

start gb pls

Info on a GB date will be soontm I'm waiting on a few more parts before I announce a date. ;) Also nice job on Ddolch!

Offline Sorachi.Ace

• Formerly CaptRobo
  • Co-owner of SodieCaps artisan keycaps
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 17:36:16 »
Novelties revealed when? I'm dying to see them

Offline Tyson

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 17:32:22 »
Novelties revealed when? I'm dying to see them

Well if you're dying make sure you go rest at a bonfire first. ;)

I just freshened up the IC a little bit more, replaced some renders here and there and made an album of most of the renders so far for the set. Novelties are coming soon, working on some renders of them and will post them soon.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 19:30:01 »
Holy shoot. That deskmat is LIT! Definitely get one  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 05:13:32 »
Before you finalize the kits, don't forget to...

Base kit.
- Add the missing R1 (not the same as `~) keycap to complete English (UK) over ISO support (right now, the base kit has the "eastwardest" version of Atlantis ISO yet, although still Atlantis ISO).
- Highly consider adding the missing R3 \| key to complete English (USA) over ISO and ANSISO support.
- I still don't get why the horizontal ("ANSI") Enter and the numpad Enter get to be light gray and dark, but the vertical ("ISO") Enter key has the options of light and middle gray instead.

Ghost kit:
- English (UK) over ISO?
- English (USA) over ISO and ANSISO?
- The option of adding a second R2 1.5U Tab keycap to secondary alphas kit has become pretty well accepted. Has this considered?
- Same goes for a second R1 Home (by the Sea) keycap.

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 05:41:31 »
Thank you very much for adding the Satisfaction75 render with full Ghost kit and full F Row keys in white! Its so clean  :thumb:

I hope the F1-F4 and F9-F12 get added somewhere, but know it's hard. At least I have a visual to dream about. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 October 2019, 05:45:57 by Butterbeer »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 12:44:33 »
Mini update -

Things I'm working on -

Novelty Renders (I have renders of them right now, just need to get some more of them in the Base Kit and on boards)
More Revised Kit Renders (Adding second Home key, second tab key, F1-F4 and F9-F12 to ghost kit)
Removing Black Accent color, looking at the possibility of only sticking with the 2 custom RAL colors
Figuring out if UK-ISO can fit in base kit (Potentially moving forward with just Atlantis ISO in Base, sorry depletedvespene)
Adding R3 \| key to base
GB Date (I know everyone is waiting to find out, I plan on announcing it in the next render drop)

Things I'm not working on -

Text Mods
Icon Mods
More Novelties (The base kit will have a few novelties in it, not enough for a full kit, but enough that I could add them to the base kit)
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 October 2019, 13:02:27 by tyson522 »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 13:22:02 »
Before you finalize the kits, don't forget to...

- Highly consider adding the missing R3 \| key to complete English (USA) over ISO and ANSISO support.

I am working on the kits right now and noticed that there is already a R3 1u pipe key in the base kit on the current render, was there another one that you are saying is missing. A lot of what you pointed out has actually been considered already and will definitely make the next upcoming renders. :)
Correction: That is a R4 key that I was looking at, I'll be sure to add a R3 1u pipe key.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 October 2019, 13:33:28 by tyson522 »

Offline Bruzur

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [Mini Update] (GB starts Q1 2020)
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 16:14:05 »
If a 6u centered stem spacebar happens... I'm in without question.

Offline yoscartaco

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [Mini Update] (GB starts Q1 2020)
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 22:35:41 »
Just checking -- are those 1.75 and 1.25 spacebars convex!? I'm excited to see those starting to appear in sets. For the 40s kit, may I suggest including at least one 1.25 R3 enter key? It's useful for layouts that are overall 12.5u wide, e.g. the UT47. Also, two convex 2.25u spacebars in the 40s kit would be a great addition.

Nice job on the set overall. Between this and Apollo, it may be a tough choice, but the num pad in the base kit is a plus for me.