Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 369691 times)

Offline lamonayon

GB currently projected in the week of July 20, 2020
Prototypes have been shipped to Alexotos and myself via Potter's DHL agent (I will then send to a few other streamers in the US). Alex will be doing a giveaway stream and maybe another regular stream! I have an e-white aluminum (1U) and one PC (2U) shipped to Alex. Up to him which one he will be giving away :)

The GB will be unlimited for the first day of release. We will then evaluate order quantity demand with the factory's capacity on the first day and decide how long we run the GB.
This is getting closer and closer! Thank you all again for the positive energy, much appreciated!

Thanks, oldcat!

Which one's left for you then? or the one's you're gonna get? Can you show more pics of the Panda 🐼 with keycaps please?

Hey bro! Will for sure do that. I have quite a few keycap sets that will work perfectly with the Panda colorway!

will for for the IG posts then! please, post em before GB! 🤣

Offline dRnRcRr

The team has done an amazing job on this v2.

Offline delrn

Gotta agree, the IC was handled insanely well, looking forward to the GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stev!e

GB currently projected in the week of July 20, 2020
Prototypes have been shipped to Alexotos and myself via Potter's DHL agent (I will then send to a few other streamers in the US). Alex will be doing a giveaway stream and maybe another regular stream! I have an e-white aluminum (1U) and one PC (2U) shipped to Alex. Up to him which one he will be giving away :)

The GB will be unlimited for the first day of release. We will then evaluate order quantity demand with the factory's capacity on the first day and decide how long we run the GB.
This is getting closer and closer! Thank you all again for the positive energy, much appreciated!

Wow! An unlimited group buy will make it difficult to decide which color to get :D

Offline Onnimar

I would love to get my hands on one of these, but has anything been decided for us Europeans regarding vendors or a way to reduce import costs?

Offline spaceshipdee

Any idea on the estimated ship timeframe after the GB ends?

Offline PotatoTM

Probably way too late to bring this up again... but any chance we could see a split spacebar option?

Offline Vaiur

is that panda prototype gonna be an option? I really hope it is, looks fantastic.
CB87:Sakabato Black/Red/Brass | Think6.5v2 Deep Ocean 1u | Alpine65 eWhite | Vega Grey | RAMA u80a SEQ2 Sage | Iron165 r2 Graphite | Mode80 Lotus | Geon Frog F12 Black | Keycult 2/65 Purple Unfinish | Geon F2-84 Black | JJW Cloudline Navy/Silver | Iron165 r2 PC Atomic Purple

Offline kobeian

<Mod Edit: Quoted post removed>

if you don't like the president, you can vote for another one. But my friend, you got NO VOTE on this board. Whether "removing the anchor in the back should be an option" is an option from the DESIGNER, NOT YOU.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2020, 11:37:53 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline dereknt

if you don't like the president, you can vote for another one. But my friend, you got NO VOTE on this board. Whether "removing the anchor in the back should be an option" is an option from the DESIGNER, NOT YOU.

Actually, I would be fine with not voting. But since we had votes for other part of the keyboard, everything is just inconsistent. Not fully boat theme, not fully light bulb theme. You can't make this board 1 single coherent theme no matter what configuration option you choose.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Actually, I would be fine with not voting. But since we had votes for other part of the keyboard, everything is just inconsistent. Not fully boat theme, not fully light bulb theme. You can't make this board 1 single coherent theme no matter what configuration option you choose.

This is the only apprehension I have about getting this board. Everything else is great, but I'm not keen on the thematic inconsistencies.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website

This is the only apprehension I have about getting this board. Everything else is great, but I'm not keen on the thematic inconsistencies.

You could just get the compass badge and basically complete the theme. But yeah its people who voted the tinhk badge to be default.

Offline dereknt

You could just get the compass badge and basically complete the theme. But yeah its people who voted the tinhk badge to be default.

No, you still have the gear outlet for the USB port. Which is from the lightbulb.

Offline Kev_TKL

I love everything about this keyboard. The theme of sailing and thinking might not go well together, but I am definitely interesting in joining the group buy!

Offline dereknt

I love everything about this keyboard. The theme of sailing and thinking might not go well together, but I am definitely interesting in joining the group buy!

Same, I might not like the theme-ing but I'm definitely interesting. This board is already much more creative with front side design than other keyboard and I like that. I don't want my 75%/65% to look all the same on the front side.

Offline hkhawk

Any word on what color badges will be available yet?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
The page is live for checking at https://graystudio.club/
The GB will be live later. It is a quite complex GB, so just putting the pages up first.
There will also be a high-gloss chamfer limited edition for FCFS. Page is pending.

Offline nikkynak

The GB will be live later. It is a quite complex GB, so just putting the pages up first.
There will also be a high-gloss chamfer limited edition for FCFS. Page is pending.

Thanks for the link!

Very excited. Eyeing a PC with brass plate/badge.

Offline hkhawk

Is the mystery box random or is it a specific unknown design?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

It will be some (10+?) specific unknown color / possibly material combo that I will pick that I personally feel looks great, outside of the current pre-set colorways.

Offline lids

Would love to see prototypes of the anodised boards so that I can make a colour decision! It's hard going off just the renders.

Offline Kalabalik

It will be some (10+?) specific unknown color / possibly material combo that I will pick that I personally feel looks great, outside of the current pre-set colorways.
I'm confused. What do you mean, "10+"? Are all Schroedingers not the same?

Offline guybrush

<Mod Edit: Quoted post removed>
I was so excited by the prospect of a think6.5 R2, but I have to agree that I’m finding it hard to ignore all the inconsistencies, and the fact that it seems to almost have been designed by this whole thread. I appreciate the option to have input on a GB, but I feel that there was no overall solid idea and so the finished product has ended up a bit of a Frankenstein. But I respect that others seem happy and excited by it, I think I’m just going to have to reluctantly pass on the GB.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2020, 11:38:35 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Hi oldcat,

Since a EU proxy does not exist, will you guys just declare the original value at customs?
Also, can I ask about a render with hammerhead if you got some time?

Offline pandaemic

How long do you think this GB is going to be live for?
Any rough ETA as to when it'll be live? I know Graystudio is aiming for the 20th?

Offline Nles

Whats the different with normal 1u/2u with 1u/2u schrodinger?

Both also can select badge collector for 5 random

Offline prognostics

Any rough ETA as to when it'll be live? I know Graystudio is aiming for the 20th?

From a previous comment by Gray Studio, minimum amount of time the GB is open is 24 hours and will stay open longer depending on # of orders.

It will be live July 20, https://graystudio.club/products/gb-think6-5-v2?variant=34961784078491

[Timeline]

GB starts: July 20, 20:30 ET
GB Format: GB will be unlimited in the first 24 hours, and a possible cap afterwards.
GB Fulfillment: Start fulfilling 4-5 months after GB ends.
[Price (PayPal fees included)]

Anodized Aluminum:  $349
E-white/e-White Dual/Schrodinger: $369
Clear Frosted Polycarbonate (PC): $379
The shipping fee for the first board is $70, each additional board is $20, ships worldwide via DHL Express International.
[1x Think6.5 v2 Package Includes all the follows]

1x case, top & bottom
1x badge (aluminum, lightbulb)
1x Dual-color FR4 plate
1x PCB (Type-C, QMK/VIA support, ESD protection)
1x weight
1x vibration reduction pad
1x noise reduction pad
1x LED diffuser(s)
1x screwdriver (Graystudio brand)
1x tweezer (always test the PCB before soldering!)
Screws, rubber feet, some backup SMD LEDs
Designer packaging
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2020, 05:59:09 by prognostics »

Offline itsprobablyme

Is there an ISO option on the group page or is that available by default?

Offline kevchigga

From a previous comment by Gray Studio, minimum amount of time the GB is open is 24 hours and will stay open longer depending on # of orders.

It will be live July 20, https://graystudio.club/products/gb-think6-5-v2?variant=34961784078491

[Timeline]

GB starts: July 20, 20:30 ET
GB Format: GB will be unlimited in the first 24 hours, and a possible cap afterwards.
GB Fulfillment: Start fulfilling 4-5 months after GB ends.
[Price (PayPal fees included)]

Anodized Aluminum:  $349
E-white/e-White Dual/Schrodinger: $369
Clear Frosted Polycarbonate (PC): $379
The shipping fee for the first board is $70, each additional board is $20, ships worldwide via DHL Express International.
[1x Think6.5 v2 Package Includes all the follows]

1x case, top & bottom
1x badge (aluminum, lightbulb)
1x Dual-color FR4 plate
1x PCB (Type-C, QMK/VIA support, ESD protection)
1x weight
1x vibration reduction pad
1x noise reduction pad
1x LED diffuser(s)
1x screwdriver (Graystudio brand)
1x tweezer (always test the PCB before soldering!)
Screws, rubber feet, some backup SMD LEDs
Designer packaging
[/quote]

Oooof that shipping though, but hey, I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Offline chakkii

Is the green badge a more teal green like in the renders with hammerhead? or more of a toxic green / grass green?

Offline FlitzDeelman

Which streamers are you planning to send units to build to? Please post build streams / times on here, if you haven't planned to do that already? 

I watch Top Clack frequently, so having Jae build one would be nice. But any of Apiary, 001Anthony, Tae Keyboards would be nice, and I'd be interested in seeing new streamers, even if I won't have the time to follow all. 

Offline FlitzDeelman

I saw Taeha Types build what looked a full brass Think6.5 the first time around. Is my memory correct?

Are there any plans for a repeat of that this time around?

Offline prognostics

I saw Taeha Types build what looked a full brass Think6.5 the first time around. Is my memory correct?

Are there any plans for a repeat of that this time around?

I do not think brass is coming back - Oldcat mentioned previously in the thread that this caused significant issues in the past and keyboard.guide says that "The original plan for PVD coated brass special editions fell apart in early 2020 with the announcement from Graystudio that only the black version was produced. The studio's PVD factory wasn't able to produce the gold and rose gold brass versions to a high enough QC standard, so only the black version shipped to buyers of that variant. Customers for the gold and rose gold colours were offered a full refund and discount on future Graystudio products."

Offline FlitzDeelman

Ah, I think the one I saw Taeha build was pretty dark, so it must have been a black one.

Cool, thanks!

Offline getlazy

Oooof that shipping though, but hey, I'm sure it'll be worth it!

"oof" describes my first reaction to the $70 shipping pretty well. I understand that the packaging is quiet bulky and heavy but still.... oof.

Offline VictorVallecano

Seconded this. Is there a way not to declare an original value?

Offline Kalabalik

Whats the different with normal 1u/2u with 1u/2u schrodinger?

Both also can select badge collector for 5 random

If you select normal 1u/2u badge and 5 random colors option you'll see that it says "unavailable" instead of "sold out". Unavailable means that the chosen combination is not purchasable. The same is true if you select 1u/2u schrodinger and select any color option other than 5 random colors.

Yes, this is very confusing. Not sure why they did it this way.

Offline Hawksmoor

A reminder to Hoffman's point earlier in the thread

Just wanted to pop in and remind people what it is we're doing here.  People are designing keyboards that you can purchase if you like them.  In the event that you don't like something, please move along and direct your attention elsewhere.  No one owes you anything, nor has any obligation to poll the community to compromise their vision to please the masses.  Nothing good comes from needlessly criticizing people for their own design decisions.  If it's truly "bad", then the GB will fail and lessons will be learned.  :thumb: 

Consider this a gentle warning that further off-topic and inflammatory posts will not be permitted here, and if you are one that disagrees with the design direction of this board, see above.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

Just wanted to pop in and remind people what it is we're doing here.  People are designing keyboards that you can purchase if you like them.  In the event that you don't like something, please move along and direct your attention elsewhere.  No one owes you anything, nor has any obligation to poll the community to compromise their vision to please the masses.  Nothing good comes from needlessly criticizing people for their own design decisions.  If it's truly "bad", then the GB will fail and lessons will be learned.  :thumb: 

Consider this a gentle warning that further off-topic and inflammatory posts will not be permitted here, and if you are one that disagrees with the design direction of this board, see above.

Thanks for the reminder, Hawksmoor.  The thread has been cleaned up, a light warning issued, and let's carry on with the IC now.  :) 

Offline cadrev

Oldcat, do you have a specific color code for the purple badge? I'll just check if it will look good with GMK Laser, if not, would you say that it will look/match good with laser? 

Offline dereknt

Thanks for the reminder, Hawksmoor.  The thread has been cleaned up, a light warning issued, and let's carry on with the IC now.  :)

Since this is still under [IC] and not [GB] I want to chime in just a bit regarding this. Constructive criticism goes a long way. Some of the constructive criticism on here are purely out of love for old cat's effort and want to see bar raise even higher for the next product/design.
Hope you understand that some of us meant no harm nor do we hold ill intention. Old Cat can choose to ignore those criticism or not. But in the spirit of "Interest check", we rather give the reasoning of "why we are interested/not interested" and be civil about it. Respectively, nothing good will come out if the polling or IC is unresponsive. 

Offline Shutter_Shock

Hey oldcat do you recall/know if the photographed PC prototype(s) were build with white or black plate(s)? Also, is the gray PCB the finalized color? (I like the gray, just double checking; also just realized that it puts the gray in Graystudio  :D)

Offline tiffgu123

Hey oldcat do you recall/know if the photographed PC prototype(s) were build with white or black plate(s)? Also, is the gray PCB the finalized color? (I like the gray, just double checking; also just realized that it puts the gray in Graystudio  :D)

I am not oldcat but I am pretty sure the PC prototype was built with a white plate unless you are talking about this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbTDyjnaHF/ And the PCB is going to be gray according to the website: graystudio.club

Offline Shutter_Shock

I am not oldcat but I am pretty sure the PC prototype was built with a white plate unless you are talking about this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbTDyjnaHF/ And the PCB is going to be gray according to the website: graystudio.club

Thanks, fam. Just trying to decide if I should order a separate black plate. I feel like I’d prefer the look, but idk how significant of a change it would be / if it would be worth it. I’ve never seen a board with a white plate before, so I’m not sure how visible it would actually be.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Yes you are spot on both the plate color (white-gold for PC) and PCB color (at least atm it is decided to be Gray PCB for production).
Thanks bro!

Offline shb

I assume PCB mount stabilizers will work with this PCB?

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
What is the front height of this board?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I assume PCB mount stabilizers will work with this PCB?

No plate mount stabs, only PCB screw-in stabs

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
What is the front height of this board?

~18mm

Offline menuhin

How does it look when the magnetic badge is removed?

Can't find any photo of such on the Internet.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]