Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 298886 times)

Offline 1023andy

I'm 100% in now. I really like the regular modifier base kit

Offline fatpolomanjr

Not sure why the color of alphas are the same if there are 3 base kits offered. Would be nice if one of it (monochrome) would have hagoromo alphas instead. Wouldn’t this benefit new buyers (those who don’t have r1 oblivion) by providing more variety than normal base kit (diff mods, diff alphas) as well as most r1 joiners who got the grey alpha base kits?

One could also argue that monochrome with Oblivion alphas is similar to e.g. OG or Modern Dolch. Part of the rationale for removing the red accents in the monochrome kit was to distinguish it from Honeywell. We should apply the same reasoning here*, in addition to the benefits of mixing up alphas. Might even encourage buyers that were getting hagoromo anyways to dip their feet in some monochrome water.

*No one needs to rule out hagoromo monochrome base kit on the basis that it's too similar to Honeywell but with blue accents. For one, why not release a color scheme similar to Honeywell but with blue accents? That would be awesome. For two...shhhhh bb don't say a word. Shhhhh
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2019, 00:10:53 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline noahf

First, still missing f13 renders.

Second, i really hope that one of the vase sets will hagoromo alphas. Buying 3 or 4 different base sets to get the mods just to have sets of the same alphas is pretty rough. I knew i was going to
Benin over $400 but with this setup i think its gonna be far over that. I know the combinatorics of all the possibilities and demographics make any decision daunting, but I do hope you can include hagoromo alphas in one basekit to help the whales.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 2019 on Drop.com
« Reply #1453 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 00:24:04 »
Have hex/pantone colour codes for Oblivion ever been published? Trying to figure out what the true colour of the alphas is so I can compare it with some other sets currently in IC on geekhack.

Could you post some information about the hagoromo colors?

I'm considering getting a set of those by themselves and match them up with modifiers from a different set.

The set is color matched to these Signature Plastics colorchips, except Hagaromo, which is GMK's CP

moved pic outside quote to remain visible

See this page for RGB codes of SP colors.

Regarding CP, GMK's standard color table has RGB codes.  You can download their GMK_Farbcodes_Standardfarben.pdf from this page, or see a picure of it here -->
More

Offline Kaktus

What happened to those texted arrows? :(

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com
« Reply #1455 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 00:58:36 »
What happened to those texted arrows? :(

Big update.
More
I received the pricing of the kits last week, went over the spreadsheet and played out different scenarios in my head for the average consumer. I just wasn't happy with the total that too many people would end up having to pay. The Git Base Kit is solid with a very good entry price at 250 units, and so is the Assembly Kit at 100 units already. However if your preference was on Regular/Monochrome Modifiers, you'd easily break 200$ at initial price points already, and that's a price that should be reserved for aftermarket if anything. And people that wanted Regular Mods with Hagoromo Alphas on a TKL had a even worse time since they had to buy the Base Kit just for the Nav keys. Obviously I knew this was coming, it was easy to predict these pricing with old GB's for reference, it was just different now seeing the actual prices in the spreadsheet and tallying them up in my head and I wasn't happy. Therefor, I am making the following changes:

- I've removed the Regular and Monochrome Modifier Addon kits, instead they are now simply full Base Kits. Git Base Kit and Regular Base Kit will have an MOQ of 250 each, the Monochrome Base Kit I will start at an MOQ of 150 to play it safe (going by April Fools Data, which showed a split of 48%/34%/18% between the three Modifiers, Git and Regular would need to hit a combined units of 1400 for Monochrome to hit 250. Not impossible, but too high to bet on).

- Removed Text-Arrows, they were mainly introduced in addition to the Icon-Arrows to allow TKL+65% coverage when buying Base + Modifiers + Alphas.
More
- In the Monochrome Base Kit, I've changed the Code legend to Super to be more in line with the vintage aesthetic that this kit is trying to achieve. I probably won't update the keyboard renders in this IC, I will however try to bring this change to the renders that will be on the store page.
- I've moved the ISO-Return/Shift keys and pipe keys to the respective Base Kits, the International Kit was too pricey, you don't even wanna know how much. MOQ will start at 50 with the new kit. Base Kits now support ISO-US/ISO-Physical. International Kit now has just the 1.5u, 1.25u and 1u Alt Graph keys as modifiers.
- Added R3 and R4 1u Pipe Keys to Hagoromo Alphas to allow physical Hagoromo ISO with the Base Kits
- Assembly Kit has been renamed to Assembly Base Kit to signify that it's a starting point in dressing your keyboard before moving onto other kits.

I am aware that there was a small group of people that benefited from the old setup, for example Regular/Monochrome Modifiers + Hagoromo Alphas covered HHKB/60%, or Base + Modifiers + Hagoromo would cover a TKL/Fullsize and a 65%, however I believe more people will benefit from this change. There's more people that either need more keys beyond just the Modifiers or simply just want to outfit one board with Regular/Monochrome. Every change will always favor one group while putting another at a disadvantage, for this scenario, I feel the people that benefit vastly outweigh those that don't.

The thought of having the Git Base Kit hitting 1000 units for a juicy 10$+ price drop over 500 units price was nice, but it's nicer to have more people save 60-70$ by not having to buy Modifier addon kits on top of the Base Kit.

MOQ's of 250/250/150 for the three Base Kits don't worry me at all, they'll get there easily seeing that Round 1 already had 450 Gray and 270 White units sold, and that was in a time where Oblivion only existed in renders, even the SA version was yet to get to the group buy stage. Question is just if they'll also hit 500/500/250, many will probably say "duh ez pez it's oblivion dude", but I'd like to remind myself that Space Cadet "only" got to 590 units (of which 50 were Novelkeys extras so really just 540 individual sales), which was less than I expected after the rather successful IC phase. Not that I wasn't happy with that result, I just want to not expect too much and then not hit MOQ targets due to overconfidence.

The kits that changed most below, the entire lineup of all kits in first post.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
It's a good change.  I'm surprised that with three base kits, they're all using the same alphas.  What would you think of having the monochrome base kit use the Hagoromo alphas?

This would also solve my problem, since I'm planning to buy hagoromo alphas and the hagoromo cadet alphas. Like all decisions, that would negatively impact at least one group, in this case the monochrome users that wanted grey oblivion alphas in that base kit.
Me too!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
+1

Not sure why the color of alphas are the same if there are 3 base kits offered. Would be nice if one of it (monochrome) would have hagoromo alphas instead. Wouldn’t this benefit new buyers (those who don’t have r1 oblivion) by providing more variety than normal base kit (diff mods, diff alphas) as well as most r1 joiners who got the grey alpha base kits?

I can see why people suggest this, but really it makes no sense IMO. If I did that, then how are you going to get a Monochrome Kit with Oblivion Alphas? You'd have to buy a Git/Regular Base kit to get those. Also, would this mean the removal of Hagoromo Alphas? If so, then you'd have the same with Git/Regular people needing to buy the Monochrome Base Kit to get the Hagoromo Alphas. This change would only benefit those looking to pick up multiple base Kits, which is a minority.

Oblivion Alphas will remain the default choice as it is #1 the primary colorway and #2 the more popular choice. After picking out your preferred modifier type, you move through the rest of the kits for optional customization.

What if you just didn’t offer a base kit or just 1 single definitive base kit and split all alphas and mods similar to what’s happening with the SA Laser Gb right now?

I've also wondered this. Maybe it was just such a no-brainer that every kit in SA Laser would hit MOQ? I'm not too sure about picking up anything in the set, but I do like how modular the buy is.
SA Laser is a Signature Plastics groupbuy, not a GMK groupbuy. The two companies are distinct in how they charge for their services; specifically, GMK charges a lot more for splitting up kits than SP does.

This. Current Base Kit prices would increase by 25-30$ if split into Mods/Alphas to get the same kit.

Playing devils advocate to my own question I am basically experiencing overchoice on that one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice and this GB too a little bit

Very much aware of this phenomenon, we saw how it affected GMK Carbon R2. I ****ed myself by inventing Monochrome Modifiers and Hagoromo Alphas back when I was designing SA Oblivion, having those two choices as part of Oblivion is a big issue when designing this set around GMK production/pricing. I keep telling myself that Carbon suffered mostly from it because it offered more criss-cross kit combinations (Base + Beezarre Alphas, Bone Base + Boneyard Alphas, Base + Umka Modifiers, Umka + Boneyard Alphas, Umka Modifiers + Beezarre Alphas, all very viable combinations), while Oblivion is more top to bottom. You start with a Base Kit (essentially you choose between your preferred modifier type while Oblivion Alphas are default) and then move on to maybe add Hagoromo Alphas and then that's it in terms of 'colorway' decision. The remaining kits are just decoration (Alternate Function Colors, Vim) or layout options (Spacekeys&bars/Colevrak/International). We'll see how it'll play out.

Second, i really hope that one of the vase sets will hagoromo alphas. Buying 3 or 4 different base sets to get the mods just to have sets of the same alphas is pretty rough. I knew i was going to
Benin over $400 but with this setup i think its gonna be far over that. I know the combinatorics of all the possibilities and demographics make any decision daunting, but I do hope you can include hagoromo alphas in one basekit to help the whales.

#1 There is no F13, I would only consider this key if there was half a dozen TKL's in IC/GB atm that needed it, but there's no signs that another designer is following suit. The Git Base Kit however works perfectly on the CE

#2 As mentioned above, moving Hagoromo Alphas into one of the Base Kits (Monochrome Base Kit would be the logical choice IF I were to do that, which I don't consider to) would force people that want the Monochrome Modifiers with Oblivion Alphas to pick up a Git/Regular Base Kit. Yes it would be ideal for those that want to buy Git or Regular Base Kit and Monochrome Base Kit while having both Alpha types, but make it really difficult for a lot of other people. I believe this change would make things worse for a bigger group of people.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2019, 05:05:57 by Oblotzky »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Can’t decide between monochrome and Git. Would love mono mods with Git legends though.

Don’t mind me, just throwing a spanner into the works.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
It's a good change.  I'm surprised that with three base kits, they're all using the same alphas.  What would you think of having the monochrome base kit use the Hagoromo alphas?

This would also solve my problem, since I'm planning to buy hagoromo alphas and the hagoromo cadet alphas. Like all decisions, that would negatively impact at least one group, in this case the monochrome users that wanted grey oblivion alphas in that base kit.
Me too!

+1

I can see why people suggest this, but really it makes no sense IMO. If I did that, then how are you going to get a Monochrome Kit with Oblivion Alphas? You'd have to buy a Git/Regular Base kit to get those. Also, would this mean the removal of Hagoromo Alphas? If so, then you'd have the same with Git/Regular people needing to buy the Monochrome Base Kit to get the Hagoromo Alphas. This change would only benefit those looking to pick up multiple base Kits, which is a minority.

Oblivion Alphas will remain the default choice as it is #1 the primary colorway and #2 the more popular choice. After picking out your preferred modifier type, you move through the rest of the kits for optional customization.

What if you just didn’t offer a base kit or just 1 single definitive base kit and split all alphas and mods similar to what’s happening with the SA Laser Gb right now?

I've also wondered this. Maybe it was just such a no-brainer that every kit in SA Laser would hit MOQ? I'm not too sure about picking up anything in the set, but I do like how modular the buy is.
SA Laser is a Signature Plastics groupbuy, not a GMK groupbuy. The two companies are distinct in how they charge for their services; specifically, GMK charges a lot more for splitting up kits than SP does.

This. Current Base Kit prices would increase by 25-30$ if split into Mods/Alphas to get the same kit.

Playing devils advocate to my own question I am basically experiencing overchoice on that one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice and this GB too a little bit

Very much aware of this phenomenon, we saw how it affected GMK Carbon R2. I ****ed myself by inventing Monochrome Modifiers and Hagoromo Alphas back when I was designing SA Oblivion, having those two choices as part of Oblivion is a big issue when designing this set around GMK production/pricing. I keep telling myself that Carbon suffered mostly from it because it offered more criss-cross kit combinations (Base + Beezarre Alphas, Bone Base + Boneyard Alphas, Base + Umka Modifiers, Umka + Boneyard Alphas, Umka Modifiers + Beezarre Alphas, all very viable combinations), while Oblivion is more top to bottom. You start with a Base Kit (essentially you choose between your preferred modifier type while Oblivion Alphas are default) and then move on to maybe add Hagoromo Alphas and then that's it in terms of 'colorway' decision. The remaining kits are just decoration (Alternate Function Colors, Vim) or layout options (Spacekeys&bars/Colevrak/International). We'll see how it'll play out.

#1 There is no F13, I would only consider this key if there was half a dozen TKL's in IC/GB atm that needed it, but there's no signs that another designer is following suit. The Git Base Kit however works perfectly on the CE

Show Image

#2 As mentioned above, moving Hagoromo Alphas into one of the Base Kits (Monochrome Base Kit would be the logical choice IF I were to do that, which I don't consider to) would force people that want the Monochrome Modifiers with Oblivion Alphas to pick up a Git/Regular Base Kit. Yes it would be ideal for those that want to buy Git or Regular Base Kit and Monochrome Base Kit while having both Alpha types, but make it really difficult for a lot of other people. I believe this change would make things worse for a bigger group of people.
Fair enough. I was under the assumption that most people that already have Oblivion have the Oblivion Alphas instead of Hagoromo Alphas. I realised that the point is moot especially in light that the community has been growing immensely since R1. It would make sense to set all Alphas to the different base kits I guess.

Same argument as the Monochrome mods: majority of people who does not have Oblivion yet might want to do Monochrome mods with Oblivion alphas as their first Oblivion set.

There’s no pleasing everyone I suppose.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Lyle88

Can anyone offer some insight into how bright the white is on the hago alphas? I'm thinking about joining to use on a white CA66 but from the photos the keeb looks very bright white and these keys look kinda off-white.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

Can anyone offer some insight into how bright the white is on the hago alphas? I'm thinking about joining to use on a white CA66 but from the photos the keeb looks very bright white and these keys look kinda off-white.

I think this image illustrates them nicely. They are slightly off-white. Color code is CP from GMK's colorring, WS1 would be absolute bright white.

Offline Lyle88

I think this image illustrates them nicely. They are slightly off-white. Color code is CP from GMK's colorring, WS1 would be absolute bright white.

Show Image

Thanks for that! I'll need to have a think about it

Offline Oblotzky

Here's a flowchart of how you would go through the kits when deciding on what kits to get for your board. There's no crisscrossing like Carbon, it's very top to bottom, which is why I feel comfortable with this approach.

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2019, 06:58:23 by Oblotzky »

Offline briano1905

New kits looks great! love that i can get monochrome without git base kit :thumb:

only thing I would add is [ , ] [ . ] [ / ] [ ; ] to the cadet kit for 40%

Offline ctrlshiftba

• ctrlshiftba
Here's a flowchart of how you would go through the kits when deciding on what kits to get for your board. There's no crisscrossing like Carbon, it's very top to bottom, which is why I feel comfortable with this approach.

Show Image

This is extremely helpful and a great way to market this!

Offline Poesjuh

Hmmm, according to your flowchart I need to pick up a second set of alpha's before I'm allowed to get the spacebar kit :P

Offline Oblotzky

Hmmm, according to your flowchart I need to pick up a second set of alpha's before I'm allowed to get the spacebar kit :P

It's not a dependency chart, but rather how you would go through the kits and decide yes/no on as you go from top to bottom.

Edit: How about this one?

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2019, 09:44:09 by Oblotzky »

Offline 8six753o9

I would just like to add my 2 cents. This is how I would like to see the base kits:

- Oblivion Alphas with Git Mods
- Hagoromo Alphas with Reg Mods

Anyone that wants Monochrome Mods should have bought Modern Dolch or Honeywell. There I said it. XD

Offline Oblotzky

I would just like to add my 2 cents. This is how I would like to see the base kits:

- Oblivion Alphas with Git Mods
- Hagoromo Alphas with Reg Mods

Anyone that wants Monochrome Mods should have bought Modern Dolch or Honeywell. There I said it. XD

If I set up those base kit that way, how would you buy Regular Mods with Oblivion Alphas?

Offline noahf

This is semi joking/semi real,

How much would and f13 kit be? Say 2 keys (both colorways) and MOQ of say 25? Not asking for it to be offered, just wondering what the price would be.

Second, how am I supposed to have all the mods? Now I have to buy 3.75 kits?

Offline Oblotzky

This is semi joking/semi real,

How much would and f13 kit be? Say 2 keys (both colorways) and MOQ of say 25? Not asking for it to be offered, just wondering what the price would be.

Second, how am I supposed to have all the mods? Now I have to buy 3.75 kits?

#1 At least like 8$ or so. It's not so much about the cost of the key itself, which would be like 50 cents per, but rather that you'd have to carry an additional item in the inventory, takes extra time to sort separately. Just complicates logistics even further. And point me to the 50+ people that would buy that kit, there's just 100 CE's that sold, half of them would want to buy this set and not be happy with the solution that the Git Base offers.

#2 Why would you want to buy all the modifiers for just one board? And if down the line you'll want to equip a second one or sell the set, you'll be glad you have the extra Alphas then. Having 3 Modifier kits but just one Alphas is not really future proof.

Offline noahf

But say i want 3 sets of modifiers and hagoromo + maybe a cadet set?

Same reason i have 3 sets if rims for 1 car. Choices. This isnt the hobby of practicality.

Offline Oblotzky

But say i want 3 sets of modifiers and hagoromo + maybe a cadet set?

Same reason i have 3 sets if rims for 1 car. Choices. This isnt the hobby of practicality.

Then you are one of the very few that I have to disappoint with this kit setup, sorry! I expect that most people will simply pick one of the Base Kits, then move down in the flowchart for maybe 1-2 other kits and be done. There will be people trying to squeeze a second or even third Base in their budget but I can't make everyone happy.

Offline noahf

Please dont take my questions as implying unhappiness. I am more than psyched on being able to buy this set at retail. Its more of trying to get more without spending the max, whereas before i was getting the max with just spending more. I do appreciate your time answering my thoughts and I will show that appreciation with my dollars. I often wish pricing for many items was different but rarely do I get a chance to discuss them with the decision maker.

May all sets do well.

Offline nguyenhimself

>tfw you want the Git Base Kit PLUS the blue Enter key from the Monochrome Base Kit.

Decisions, decisions...
I honestly don't know if the blue keys were heavily requested for the Monochrome kit or not,
But is there any chance of:

1. Keeping the Enter + Esc in the Monochrome kit... monochrome, and--
2. Moving the blue keys to the Vim kit, making it a Novelty kit instead?

Anyway, thanks for working so hard on these kit configurations.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2019, 10:18:59 by nguyenhimself »

Offline uood5

Any updates on ortho renders? Would love to see how this looks on my unigo :-)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

>tfw you want the Git Base Kit PLUS the blue Enter key from the Monochrome Base Kit.

Decisions, decisions...
I honestly don't know if the blue keys were heavily requested for the Monochrome kit or not,

I honestly don't believe that the blue accents will go well with anything but the Monochrome colorway, hence I decided to keep them in that kit. I could maybe make a render in the coming week to try and prove that.

Offline Boy_314

are the cadet sublegends also doubleshot? or some sort of other printing method?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
are the cadet sublegends also doubleshot? or some sort of other printing method?

doubleshot

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

Kinda surprsied that in all 3 bases now there is no hago option. You're right that you can't please everyone, but still surprising to see.

Offline Zacharius

Decisions, decisions...

I honestly don't believe that the blue accents will go well with anything but the Monochrome colorway, hence I decided to keep them in that kit. I could maybe make a render in the coming week to try and prove that.
I would also be interested in seeing it. I feel like the Blue won’t look great amongst y’all the other color, but would be curious to see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FunTyme

• Formerly known as Edrylle
Fortunately I am one of those who will benefit from these separate base kits. It's going to be a good birthday on launch day.  :D
hbcp

Offline Oblotzky

Kinda surprsied that in all 3 bases now there is no hago option. You're right that you can't please everyone, but still surprising to see.

Hagoromo remains available as an optional child kit. It may seem like a good idea on first thought to make one of the Base with Hagoromo Alphas, but if you actually think about it, it makes not so much sense after all.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Sure, if there's a 40-50$ price difference between hagoromo alphas and the base kit. All depends on the pricing. If the alphas kits (regular, cadet) get to, say 250 orders each, and they're 90-100$, ok.

GMK Carbon R2 and more recently, GMK SkIIdata V2 mods (120$) had mods or alphas that had a price that approached or surpassed base kit money. Unsurprisingly, they didn't sell well. GMK terminal R2 had green mods for 90$-they made MOQ.

Offline fatpolomanjr

I see the rationale more clearly now. Changing any of the base kits to hagoromo alphas would royally screw anyone wanting oblivion alphas with that base kit's mods, since there is not, won't be, nor should be due to logistics or any other number of reasons, a child kit of oblivion alphas for them to buy. In other words, the multi-base kit model in this group buy financially favors those choosing a single set of mods to purchase, whereas before the change there was more flexibility in choosing mods but at an objectionably high price.

It's a trade off. The top down approach is more affordable for everyone, but those wanting the option of different modifiers or outfitting more than one board with Oblivion will have to shell out more cash.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline fireworm

Yep, interesting development.

I think folks are caring more about mod colors than alpha colors, which makes more sense to me. Colored non-git mods were out for awhile, with a lot of comments about wanting them.

Offline Lyd

I could've sworn that I saw a 3u spacebar at one point?
Is there any chance at having one in the drop?
I would really love one.

Offline reidd

100% in based on the inclusion of monochrome base kit. Thanks Oblotzky! ;D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Hmm choices... Regular or Monochrome... maybe Hagoromo... Then Cadet?

Only thing I'm sure about is Spacekeys :))

Offline Yeoh

I was in the 'Base + Modifiers + Hagoromo to cover a TKL/Fullsize and a 65%' camp, so this change has me down to just a regular base kit, as I cant justify buying an entire second base kit just to complete a set with Hagoromo alphas. Probably better off for my wallet anyway!

Offline Krakyn

Did you end up collaborating to design a deskpad? Anything you can show?

Offline thornkin

Thanks for all the thought your put into these kits.  Looking forward to the drop.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

I was in the 'Base + Modifiers + Hagoromo to cover a TKL/Fullsize and a 65%' camp, so this change has me down to just a regular base kit, as I cant justify buying an entire second base kit just to complete a set with Hagoromo alphas. Probably better off for my wallet anyway!

Yeah thats kind of where I am at too. Sets like this make GMKs unfortunate pricing structure even more apparent. This is the kind of set that would benefit so much by being able to break mods/alphas into their own separate kit and let people pick and choose what they want from there.

Offline jariss

Was planning on doing git base + hagoramo cadet alphas + monochrome mods for 2 kits but with the revised kits im only going to go for a git base.
I understand the choice to reduce the amount of kits although I wish that option was available.

Offline Yonben

Since I see mostly complaints being vocals (as we were when we were complaining :p):
I am really happy about this decision. I was giving up on buying the set because of wanting to buy the regular and not git and it was too expensive for me. Now def considering it again and will most probably buy when it will it the store :)

Thanks for considering our feedback and trying to find a good balance <3

Offline Oblotzky

I could've sworn that I saw a 3u spacebar at one point?
Is there any chance at having one in the drop?
I would really love one.

GMK does currently not have a 3u mold, it is on their todo list though I believe.

Did you end up collaborating to design a deskpad? Anything you can show?

Deskmat/Tray design is still being worked on, I don't focus on it too much because it doesn't have to be ready for the drop. It should show up some time later though so that delivery is around when the set itself ships too.

Offline 1023andy

No info on the price yet?

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
These new kits layouts are super dope :thumb:

Thanks Oblotzky, looking forward to pick Oblivion up!

Offline Oblotzky

I can't confirm pricing at this time as I did the Base Kit changes, but from previous pricing I can say that Git Base Kit will be 135(+-5)$ for 250 units, 125(+-5)$ for 500 units. The Regular Base Kit does not need custom legends made, however it has 4 keys more than the Git Base Kit (148 Git Base, 152 Regular Base), so I would estimate it to be 5$ cheaper than Git Base Kit. The Monochrome Base Kit I'm not entirely sure, it has one key less than Regular Base Kit, doesn't need as many color changes for the legends, however has one base color change (not sure how changing a legend color compares to changing a base color) and also the lower MOQ by starting at 150 units. So also in the 130-140$ range I assume.

Please note that these are estimates and not binding, wait for June 1st when the page goes up to see final pricing and shipping date, and orders will open on the 4th.

Thanks,

I'd like to take this moment and break some sad news to you and other EU folks. GMK Oblivion V2 will not be available through their EU warehouse. Other items will keep coming through it, but mostly just single SKU drops. Keyset drops are logistically more complicated so they are currently only being fulfilled through the NA warehouse. Sorry but it's gotta be like that I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2019, 05:49:30 by Oblotzky »

Offline lolafineday

I can't confirm pricing at this time as I did the Base Kit changes, but from previous pricing I can say that Git Base Kit will be 135(+-5)$ for 250 units, 125(+-5)$ for 500 units. The Regular Base Kit does not need custom legends made, however it has 4 keys more than the Git Base Kit (148 Git Base, 152 Regular Base), so I would estimate it to be 5$ cheaper than Git Base Kit. The Monochrome Base Kit I'm not entirely sure, it has one key less than Regular Base Kit, doesn't need as many color changes for the legends, however has one base color change (not sure how changing a legend color compares to changing a base color) and also the lower MOQ by starting at 150 units. So also in the 130-140$ range I assume.

Please note that these are estimates and not binding, wait for June 1st when the page goes up to see final pricing and shipping date, and orders will open on the 4th.

Thanks,

I'd like to take this moment and break some sad news to you and other EU folks. GMK Oblivion V2 will not be available through their EU warehouse. Other items will keep coming through it, but mostly just single SKU drops. Keyset drops are logistically more complicated so they are currently only being fulfilled through the NA warehouse. Sorry but it's gotta be like that I'm afraid.
FeelsEuMan stocked for customs and shipping. Just kidding tanking it and joining anyways