Author Topic: (US) eBay: IBM Model F AT  (Read 1398 times)

Offline 1391406

Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: (US) eBay: IBM Model F AT
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 23:50:48 »
>This is the famous model "M" keyboard.

Indeed.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 08:15:50 »
This is the Model F, and looks like a fine specimen.

I have never bought from NCbound but I understand that he has a excellent reputation. His prices are never low, but not ridiculous either.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 08:50:07 »

I have never bought from NCbound but I understand that he has a excellent reputation. His prices are never low, but not ridiculous either.

I've purchased several hard to acquire boards from him (all ALPs based) and they have all been in great condition with the exception of one.  He's an excellent seller.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 09:29:28 »

Holy crap! AT Model F prices have sure gone up. I bought mine from ncbound a few years ago for around $70. I also bought a Model M from him.

He an OK seller, but he touches up the keyboards to make them look nicer than they actually are - using a paint (or cream?) that quickly wipes off. It was like that on both of mine. After getting my keyboards, I gave them a quick wipe with a damp paper towel and noticed it was covered with beige. The keyboards then showed marks that weren't visible before. That seems a bit fraudulent to me. I mentioned it to him, but got no response. I didn't complain though because the keyboards were otherwise great.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 09:52:02 »
A couple of years ago the "going rate" jumped from $50-80 to $100-120 very quickly.

Good ones have sold since then for well under $100, but not consistently.

I would guess that today's rate is in the "low-mid-$100s" for an average one and the "mid-high-$100s" for a nice one.

My guess is that he will get the $250 after a while, because somebody will build up enough desire.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"