Author Topic: [IC] GMK Yuri R2 / GMK Skydata  (Read 49402 times)

Offline Domantas

Re: [IC] GMK Yuri R2 / GMK Skydata
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 06:11:28 »
why it is not latin with sublegends cyrillic :-[. I love sets like that not where latin and cyrillic are separeted. I know russian a bit and want to have both latin and cyrillic in one place. This doesn't make sense. But this is IC you can still change it. It would also make it stand out of. This is a set about Yuri, which is known by everyone (latin), but he is russian (cyrillic), so sublegends works the best. Otherwise - probably pass :) the same reason I skipped perestroika
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2020, 06:19:32 by Domantas »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 06:18:51 »
Regarding dual Latin-Cyrillic legends, there is another IC currently running to create them in GMK.  It would be cool for those to be used in this project as well. 

Link for the interested: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104745.0

Edit: the preview was weird on tapatalk so for more clear context here is the proposed set

Show Image

Wow awesome!

Offline mytommy

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 17:08:27 »
renders?

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 17:25:25 »

Offline jihadu

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 18:13:57 »
 Lol

Enviado do meu SM-A505FN através do Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 18:31:32 »
Here is the full album with "renders".
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151659186@N03/albums/72157703387885645

The deskmat which you can see in the album will get its second round soon (I don't know the exact date). That deskmat design was developed by Outragedpudding to match GMK Space Cadet. And since it matched the Yuri theme as well, it is also available in Yuri colors.

Offline dhb82

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 12:19:46 »
This community has grown a lot since last run, can you please consider adding international kit again?

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 15:48:41 »
any possibility of a second И in the cyrillic kit?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 16:04:35 »
Can I have some of your ramen?

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 00:17:39 »
Does it make sense value-wise to merge the accent arrows & spacebars? Just a thought, though I vaguely remember doubleshot keys do add a fair bit to an otherwise singleshot spacebar-only kit (could've been you that said that tbh haha). Would be curious to your other thoughts/considerations there. If you decide to keep the kits separated, I'd just think about if F13 would be worth adding to the "Xtra" kit.

Last thing- I know the typical request would be for the glorious kit, but goddamn I have been fiending a rerun of the salty kit since I saw it after getting more into researching keycap history (as someone who loves fighting games). Please consider it for us salty folk. I'd buy a couple, and I have never bought dupes of a kit so far haha. <3

Offline gabe-o-tron

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 08:19:27 »
I'd like to see the Cyrillics kit come with a full number row. Otherwise, I'd have to buy the entire base kit just for the missing numbers. I don't need anything else in the base kit.

Offline Noveltty

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 21:57:28 »
where is my glorious kit!!!!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 22:15:37 »
Iconic set. Not to my liking. But if you like it, get it.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 00:06:29 »
any possibility of a second И in the cyrillic kit?

I'll look into that.

I'd like to see the Cyrillics kit come with a full number row. Otherwise, I'd have to buy the entire base kit just for the missing numbers. I don't need anything else in the base kit.

Most people will get Cyrillics with the base kit or for their existing round 1 Yuri. Why should they buy duplicate keys?

where is my glorious kit!!!!

Is not available but the glorious keys are included in Novelties.

Offline gabe-o-tron

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 08:57:27 »

Most people will get Cyrillics with the base kit or for their existing round 1 Yuri. Why should they buy duplicate keys?

Yeah, I get that I'm in the minority but if anyone wants to sell or trade their cyrillics kit they'd also have to give away their entire base as well. If the cyrillics had the 7 missing keycaps, base + cyrillics could completely cover multiple keyboards. IDK, guess I'm just bummed R1 had a complete cyrillics kit but a few keys were dropped in R2. I assume the 7 caps were dropped to reduce the price, and out of curiosity how much does that end up reducing the kit price? I've been trying to find the R1 version on MM, but I'm not having much luck.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 09:30:39 »
I assume the 7 caps were dropped to reduce the price, and out of curiosity how much does that end up reducing the kit price?

The quotes are unknown and quotes have very complicated formulas. I can only assume that it might make between 5 and 10 $ difference.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 09:39:22 »
Update

Cyrillics
- Added second И key for Alice like layouts.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:40:45 »
Last update

Right now we are preparing for the GB and i am not taking suggestions anymore.

KITS ARE FINALIZED!!!

Cyrillics
- Removed E, C and M  keys as those are already available in the base sets. (Keep in mind A is a homing key!)

Xtra kit
- Added F13 key

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:57:41 »
so hyped

Offline Havattack

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 12:38:20 »
Were not getting that "cosmo" set that was released with the SA Drop set? Bummer

If anyone wants, i made (cobbled together other people's work i found online) my own desk mat for the drop release, and still have the pic i uploaded. It came out amazing.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:32:36 »
Last update

KITS ARE FINALIZED!!!

Cyrillics
- Removed E, C and M  keys as those are already available in the base sets. (Keep in mind A is a homing key!)
Show Image

Xtra kit
- Added F13 key
Show Image

well thats bad :(

I have a totally trashed basekit from the previous run with shine on all the alphas.
My plan was to only buy the cyrillics this round to get nice looking alphas again.

Do I really have to buy the entire set now to get an E, C and M?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:39:41 »
Last update

KITS ARE FINALIZED!!!

Cyrillics
Show Image

Xtra kit
- Added F13 key
Show Image

Wow removing three keys makes this kit totally useless for multiple purposes. Did it really bring down the cost that much?
For example, alphas kit + forties usually is enough for an ortho in sets that offer those two kits, bringing  down the total cost to cover a board significantly.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:45:13 by Kokaloo »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:43:41 »
Last update

KITS ARE FINALIZED!!!

Cyrillics
Show Image

Xtra kit
- Added F13 key
Show Image

I have a totally trashed basekit from the previous run with shine on all the alphas.
My plan was to only buy the cyrillics this round to get nice looking alphas again.

Hmm, this is a good point. While I'm always for removing unnecessary keys from kits, this use case is quite reasonable as it's only three extra keys. Being a R1 owner myself, I can get behind this request even though my R1 base kit isn't shined up too much yet. Despite that, the difference in texture between those keys and the brand new ones might still be noticeable, and it may end up bothering me. So +1 to adding E, C, M back to the kit.

Offline gabe-o-tron

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:52:00 »
Wow removing three keys makes this kit totally useless for multiple purposes. Did it really bring down the cost that much?

I agree. I was trying to make this argument back when it was just the full number row missing. This is even worse.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 15:36:08 »
Update
Cyrillics
- Returned C,M and E key due to possible shine on round 1 keys (especially on E key)

Were not getting that "cosmo" set that was released with the SA Drop set? Bummer

If anyone wants, i made (cobbled together other people's work i found online) my own desk mat for the drop release, and still have the pic i uploaded. It came out amazing.

GMK Cosmos will get its own turn one day.

For example, alphas kit + forties usually is enough for an ortho in sets that offer those two kits, bringing  down the total cost to cover a board significantly.

Not sure which ortho layout you do mean but you can't fit Forties + Cyrillics on a plank. You will miss keys for the bottom row which are part of base kit. This is also not a standalone kit but an extension to the base kit (from this or the first round).
Alternatively to cover plank you could take Forties + Xtra + Cyrillics. That might work if you ignore wrong labeling on few keys.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 15:50:40 »
Update
Cyrillics
- Returned C,M and E key due to possible shine on round 1 keys (especially on E key)
Show Image

GMK Cosmos will get its own turn one day.

Not sure which ortho layout you do mean but you can't fit Forties + Cyrillics on a plank. You will miss keys for the bottom row which are part of base kit. This is also not a standalone kit but an extension to the base kit (from this or the first round).
Alternatively to cover plank you could take Forties + Xtra + Cyrillics. That might work if you ignore wrong labeling on few keys.

ILY! <3

Offline sh_xguitar

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 21:25:54 »
no skydata cw for novelties? cosmonaut helmet and airforce star

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 21:44:16 »
Why the Icon kit does not include the bottom modifiers, this time?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 01:34:48 »

Skydata has Cherry picker kit as novelty. Otherwise i had to double amount of Novelties for Skydata and what would make it too expensive. See Xtra kit as example.

Why the Icon kit does not include the bottom modifiers, this time?

To save the cost and there are not so many only icon fans to justify higher cost. If someone wants such specific bottom row then i am sure one can find it on MM from the first round. Most people (including myself) are fine with the classic icons .

Offline fatalruin

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 17:22:56 »
Is the GB still slated for November? Is there a firm date yet?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 00:14:26 »
Is the GB still slated for November? Is there a firm date yet?

GB is planned for November 10th.

Offline sh_xguitar

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 02:06:43 »
Skydata has Cherry picker kit as novelty. Otherwise i had to double amount of Novelties for Skydata and what would make it too expensive. See Xtra kit as example.

Okay thanks for your explaination, how about kit price? is it revealed on release date?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 02:10:13 »

Okay thanks for your explaination, how about kit price? is it revealed on release date?
The kit pricing will be revealed at release date. We are still in a preparation stage and need to iron out few things.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 10:02:20 »
Have you considered to offer a Norde set?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 09:33:13 »
Update
Hey everyone i hope you are doing well. We got some technical issues thus the GB is planned not for today but for the upcoming Friday.

Anyway as this hobby grows it draws quite a lot of attention and everyone basically needs to get permission in order to use logos, fonts and everything what might be covered by IP or Trademarks.
In this particular case we reached out to Cherry in order to get permission to use their vintage Cherry logo for Cherry Picker kit. Cherry kindly asked us to use their current official Logo and i am respecting this with following changes.

Cherry Picker kit
- Changed (on official request from Cherry) vintage Cherry logo to the current official Cherry logo

It is considered for every set but practically it is applicable only to sets which sell in absolute large numbers. For example like Olivia.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2020, 09:41:21 by T0mb3ry »

Offline wil

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:28:14 »
can't wait!

Offline udller

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 17:03:05 »
dailyclack as Australian vendor please

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 17:23:46 »
Update
Hey everyone i hope you are doing well. We got some technical issues thus the GB is planned not for today but for the upcoming Friday.

Anyway as this hobby grows it draws quite a lot of attention and everyone basically needs to get permission in order to use logos, fonts and everything what might be covered by IP or Trademarks.
In this particular case we reached out to Cherry in order to get permission to use their vintage Cherry logo for Cherry Picker kit. Cherry kindly asked us to use their current official Logo and i am respecting this with following changes.

Cherry Picker kit
- Changed (on official request from Cherry) vintage Cherry logo to the current official Cherry logo
Show Image

It is considered for every set but practically it is applicable only to sets which sell in absolute large numbers. For example like Olivia.

skydata skydata skydata
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 05:45:31 »
So far everything looks promising and if nothing unexpected happens - the GB will start this Friday.

Oblotzky did already renders for the GB and i'd like to share here one sample which shows off my vision (does not mean its the only way to use it) for cherry picker kit usage.

Edit: i see there is an error in renders. Skydata is icon only...
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2020, 05:47:46 by T0mb3ry »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 07:33:17 »
Oblotzky did already renders for the GB and i'd like to share here one sample which shows off my vision (does not mean its the only way to use it) for cherry picker kit usage.
Show Image

Show Image

How can a keyset look so hot yet so cool at the same time?

This is a must cop, imo.

Offline sh_xguitar

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 05:15:57 »
So far everything looks promising and if nothing unexpected happens - the GB will start this Friday.

Show Image

Show Image

Edit: i see there is an error in renders. Skydata is icon only...

umm.. the render doesn't represent offered skydata kit (icon mod) , but it's great set anyway

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 10:18:35 »
Group buy is online!

IC thread closed :)