Author Topic: HELP! noob pulled off model F big ass enter key and can't put it back in place  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Janeiac

What's a noob to do? Advice much appreciated, especially with pictures .I've studied all the teardowns on here and youtube fo hours, and I still can't see what I need to do.

Offline intelli78

What's a noob to do? Advice much appreciated, especially with pictures .I've studied all the teardowns on here and youtube fo hours, and I still can't see what I need to do.

You just have to position the stabilizer wire relative to the clips built into the case, such that when you push the Enter down to reseat it, the wire will slide into the clips. I don't know if that will help you if you've already studied the teardowns, but it shouldn't be that difficult. Where exactly are you going wrong? Are you having trouble getting the wire to go in the clips?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Janeiac

Thanks for answering. I see two little tabs above the right-hand shift key... how does the wire fit? are they open at the top, or bottom? Even with my eyeglasses on I can't tell. Do I finger-feel the wire towards the shift key?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Thanks for answering. I see two little tabs above the right-hand shift key... how does the wire fit? are they open at the top, or bottom? Even with my eyeglasses on I can't tell. Do I finger-feel the wire towards the shift key?

They probably open top. With an ISO Enter, I think that they face sideways.

I use a very small screwdriver to guide them into place.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline intelli78

I don't have my AT F with me at the moment, but if memory serves, the clips open at the top. So you need to position the wire against the steel plate, so that as you push it down onto the stem, the wire slides toward you and under the clips.

Edit: One trick I use is to get the stem lined up with the spring, and then tilt the enter away from you. Then use some type of thin implement to hold the wire down on the plate so that it guides into the clips.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Janeiac

Success! Thanks for the advice, intelli78's description was just what I needed. See y'all in my next thread! :)