• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:34:17 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 September 2015, 11:21:17 by Zorberema »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Artisan making with Zorb!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:14:47 »
The Golem is simple but looks relatively comfortable to press which is always a bonus.  I really like the second one with the trans eyes peeking through, the first one looses something - it might look better without the backlight?  Looks like you're nearly there with the doubleshotting, you just need to keep it level (green is only on the right side of the face)

Are you using pressure or vacuum?  I'm not seeing any bubbles so you must be doing something right :thumb:

I would comment on the Templar but will wait until they arrive :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:17:03 »
The Golem is simple but looks relatively comfortable to press which is always a bonus.  I really like the second one with the trans eyes peeking through, the first one looses something - it might look better without the backlight?  Looks like you're nearly there with the doubleshotting, you just need to keep it level (green is only on the right side of the face)

Are you using pressure or vacuum?  I'm not seeing any bubbles so you must be doing something right :thumb:

It is indeed extremely comfortable, as you mentioned! The look of the lighting is really hard to portray with my ****ty iphone camera, but I can assure you that they both look awesome in person. I am going for a swamp look on that one, so I'm thinking about making every cap a little bit different; maybe consistency is better?

I dont use any degassing method; I just think the mold turned out very good, since the air is getting out very well.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 06:43:41 »

It is indeed extremely comfortable, as you mentioned! The look of the lighting is really hard to portray with my ****ty iphone camera, but I can assure you that they both look awesome in person. I am going for a swamp look on that one, so I'm thinking about making every cap a little bit different; maybe consistency is better?

I dont use any degassing method; I just think the mold turned out very good, since the air is getting out very well.

Well perfection can be boring so if you want a bit of random go for it, it was only the little bit of green on one side while the other three (both on the other cap) were the base colour made me think that wasn't what you're going for.  I'm a fan of caps in their "right" colours and a swampy Golem sounds perfect :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 09:42:14 »

Well perfection can be boring so if you want a bit of random go for it, it was only the little bit of green on one side while the other three (both on the other cap) were the base colour made me think that wasn't what you're going for.  I'm a fan of caps in their "right" colours and a swampy Golem sounds perfect :)

Yupp, the frost will be made perfect, but the swamp may have small green spots! :)